Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I hope you have reported the false positive...
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Did you know that the Dolorous Decay poison actually lasts 56 seconds, not 50 seconds? However, it lasts even longer (62 seconds) because of the fact that it inflicts slow, though it still only deals 56 damage total.

Haste doubles the rate at which pretty much everything happens; Slow halves the rate at which pretty much everything happens. If you cast Dolorous Decay on someone and they get poisoned, during the first two rounds when they are slowed, the rate at which they take poison damage is halved so they only take 6 damage during that time. Also, during that time, the timer of the poison effect will go at half the rate (however, the timer of the slow effect seems to go at the normal speed even while they're slowed).
    JuliusBorisovlunarlolienProont
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    They should have blocked the forum for violence... after all we are always talking about murdering something... But alcohol?
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisovProont
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    As a dual-hammer enthusiast I am blown away. (pun exceedingly intended)

Although isn't hurgan's hammer technically better? Since it's bugged and registers at +4 or something. (then again nothing in bg1 requires +4 so eh.)
    JuliusBorisovArdullolienProont
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Did you know that if you equip any weapon with a speed factor of 0 in the main hand and Kundane (+1 apr) in the off hand and then cast improved haste before attacking ............ your character looks like a cat on speed.
    JuliusBorisovRodrianlolienProont
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @justtravelinthrough your commitment makes me actually feel bad for using cheats/mods. . :neutral:
    lolienProont
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    @Rodrian To each and everyone their own. Since we're talking about games, it's all about what is the most fun for you! I have a brother who plays the game ctrl8ing his stats and I sometimes get sort of jealous when I see them. :blush:

I'm not completely against using cheats myself, either. For example, I do it often to plan out my characters, especially if they involve hard decisions, like dualing or a sorcerers spell selection. Then I write down all the information that's important, delete the char and start over for earnest. It's just the way I personally enjoy doing stuff.

That, plus I am a noob when it comes to moding. :sweat_smile:
    RodrianProont
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290

The tiled room in the old Amaunator temple, where you have to cross the room by walking on the tiles spelling "AMAUNATOR", is a reference to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Dr. Jones has to pass a similar word puzzle.

Whenever I come to that room, I always walk straight across...

Montresor_SPlolienProont
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    dunbar said:

Did you know that if you equip any weapon with a speed factor of 0 in the main hand and Kundane (+1 apr) in the off hand and then cast improved haste before attacking ............ your character looks like a cat on speed.

Even more so if you increase the frame rate.
    Grum said:

Did you know that in IWDEE, if you slide the difficulty all the way up, the enemies you face changes?

When you fight Behlifet, in addition to his two iron golems he comes with a pair of demons.

They're devils, not demons. Hopefully those cornugons didn't hear you call them by that hated word.
    Montresor_SPlolien[Deleted User]Proont
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    There are three initial dialogues you can get when it comes to your interactions with Shandalar.

1) You killed his daughters in Baldur's Gate (you must have killed all of them)
    2) You have a reputation that is 6 or higher
    3) You have a reputation that is less than 6.

If you get interaction #1 Shandalar will automatically teleport you to the ice island. With the other two you will have a choice over when you go.
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisovlolienProont
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    elminster said:

If you get interaction #1 Shandalar will automatically teleport you to the ice island. With the other two you will have a choice over when you go.

Is there a different dialog [#1] for when you return?
    After all, you killed his daughters...
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    deltago wrote: »
    Did you know:

If you complete the Nashkel mines prior to visiting the Friendly Arm Inn, Khalid and Jaheria won't be there waiting for you.

So in order to meet them at level 6 I have to work my little charname's ass throughout the world map gaining XP like mad without getting close to Nashkel?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    deltago wrote: »
    Did you know:

If you complete the Nashkel mines prior to visiting the Friendly Arm Inn, Khalid and Jaheria won't be there waiting for you.

So in order to meet them at level 6 I have to work my little charname's ass throughout the world map gaining XP like mad without getting close to Nashkel?

Don't trigger chapter 3 is my best guess. Never tried to see when they actually disappear. Too much effort.