Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Flashburn wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone else knows this but I just recently figured this out myself, since I didn't see it explicitly written down anywhere on any BG sites...but this is how thief backstab damage is calculated:

(base weapon damage + BASE physical damage bonus from magical weapons + proficiency bonus damage + kit damage bonus + weapon style bonus damage) x multiplier + strength bonus = total; total doubled if critical

So the best ways to increase your backstab damage is by using katanas, or with anything else with a high base damage that straight-up thieves can use. Outside of that, there's Assassin (higher multiplier and +1 kit damage bonus); dual-classing into Fighter; dual-classing from Kensai (or into Kensai, if you want to use EEKeeper); and using weapons that are heavily enchanted such as the Staff of the Ram.

Also elemental damage don't multiply too. Which makes the first level priest spell shillelagh a lot more useful spell for cleric-thieves, than the second level flame blade.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    In BG1, it is possible to avoid the encounter where the dagger containing the demon is stolen from you. I managed to get my party invisible and return the dagger to the dwarf Stoneblade. Unfortunately, he didn't respond to it. I had to go outside, let the dagger be stolen and complete the quest from there.

I'm tempted to find out what would happen if you manage to kill the mage who summons the demon before she can start dialogue. If she dies before she can summon it, would it just break the quest? I'll try to find out in my next playthrough...
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisovlolienProont
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    edited March 2016
    Hope this is not too much repetition, but hey, DA2 - probably not! :-p (love it a lot, perso)

First use of spoiler tag, so hope it goes - very minor anyway:
    Even if your character cannot intimidate Harbor Master Liam's assistant to give you the cargo location for free, if you have Isabela in your party, she'll suggest you sneak a peek at the records at night. 2 sovereign saved there, few XP for Mabari guard-dogs... Took me ages to figure out!

Small thing, but can find at least two Mythal's Blessing potions at shops for significantly less than it would cost to make yourself during game.

BioWare's crafty lore-building is legendary, but Flemeth!

Anyone else noticed that when she gives her advice to Hawke on top of Sundermount, she says "The world will fear the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment, and do not hesitate to leap! Only then you will learn if you can fly."

Mere coincidence, with "Here Lies the Abyss" being a quest in Inquisition? I think not. Gotta love her!
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    Did not go... Gääh! And i searched the instruction thread and all, and copied pasted the tags, and wrote inbetween.

Could anyone write it out for me, please, putting for example quotation marks around the tags so I can see how exactly I should write them out? I'd really appreciate it! Would dearly hate this to remain "not known" category... :smile:
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    TStael wrote: »
    Did not go... Gääh! And i searched the instruction thread and all, and copied pasted the tags, and wrote inbetween.

Could anyone write it out for me, please, putting for example quotation marks around the tags so I can see how exactly I should write them out? I'd really appreciate it! Would dearly hate this to remain "not known" category... :smile:

Get rid of the spaces in the spoiler tags.
    stuff

Hit quote at the bottom of my post to see how it should look.
    TStaellolien
    Will hold onto this, thank you indeed BillyYank! And now I know this too, nice.

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Did you know: If you use Polymorph Self -> Sword Spider, you can then cast Shocking Grasp via a scroll or sequencer, attack to consume it, then wield whatever weapon you like while enjoying extra attacks per round. A neat trick for mage/thieves and bards in particular. Consider this the fairer version of the Melf's Minute Meteors exploit.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovlolienProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It works especially well with Cleric/Mages and Jan. Cleric/Mages can fit DUHM in the same sequencer, and have other cleric buffs that are normally limited by a cleric's low APR. They can also use weapons like the Flail of Ages.

Jan also benefits disproportionately from spider form, as his flashers are balanced assuming he has low APR. With Firetooth, he can deal physical and fire damage and inflict a nonmagical stun effect as a party-friendly area effect which can bypass enemy weapon immunities if you use a separate target. It's actually possible to stun-lock Kangaxx using Jan's flashers.

Ghoul Touch is another strong option, as it fits into a Minor Sequencer and is inordinately good at paralyzing its target. Another option that's only weak because it usually has low APR.
    JuliusBorisovlolienProont
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Not sure if this is a bug of my own install or a common thing but...

Druid shapeshifting tokens are transferable across all druid classes.

So in practice, your totemic druid could summon spirit wolves, then use Jahiera's token to become a wolf him/herself.

Or the base druid, likewise, can have access to werewolf tokens and all token produced by avengers.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Are you using the BG2 tweaks mod?
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Just EE with the SCS mod. NPC project on BG1.