Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    decado said:

Did you know:

In SoD if you use the Hooded Man's portrait as your own he uses the following one instead;

Maybe it's just me, however it doesn't quite fit the character :)

I guess you mean kivan? lol nah that other image is bad

woowoovoodoo
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @marzbarz, not Kivan. The Hooded Man is a new non-playable character, if you've played it's obvious who he is, however I won't mention it here.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Ahhhh okies, haha I know kivan uses that if you take his face. Havent done anything with new xpac yet.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654

In France, "Game of Thrones" is literally translated as "The Iron Throne".

before I actually knew about the show I was almost nearly thinking it was bg related. oh the false hopes.

Sean Bean as Noober (because he has to die in everything)
    :lol:

Did you know:

You can let Noober live and after he's asked his last question, you get a bit of XP for not losing patience and chunking him.

:wink:
    I do that all the time - then after I get the experience I chunk him without penalty. Sure, he's walking away. Sure, it's over now. But do you think all is forgiven? After all that? Oh no. He took it too far - he's getting chunked.

Of course you have to be quick or he will disappear.

Did you know that you can time your attacks just right so that things are beginning to happen right as the dialogue starts? For instance, on Silke (thespian extraordinaire), I set my party's attacks and spells and wait just until they are about to unleash - then intiate dialogue. You get the jump on her and she's gone by the time she gets her first spell off. I do this with tons of NPCs when you know battle comes after dialogue.
    Montresor_SPEmpyrialMacHurtoProont
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited April 2016
    Re: Blades, to supplement the info listed in above posts, Rogue Rebalancing is an extremely high quality mod that makes bards and thieves closer to their PnP 2e counterparts. It includes a component that allows bards to get spellcasting progression similar to pnp, which gives them up to lvl 8 spells. The main bard kit revisions also grants free 3 pips in dual wielding for Blades right off the bat from lvl 1, the ability to gain Whirlwind high lvl ability, BUT they lose access to Enhanced Bardsong.

http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/readme_rr.html#components

Don't forget the fact they get UMD, and can wield, say, Carsomyr, and wear helmets, use divine scrolls, etc.

Fighter/Mages still are at or near the top of the bg2 food chain (Blades' biggest downside is the rogue THAC0/APR from lack of specialization, though Haer Daelis comes with specialization in short swords; lvl 9 spells aren't available to ftr/mages until late ToB so not that big a loss), but Blades can kick some serious butt if micromanaged well.
    Stormvessel
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    What's in the box? :wink:
    JuliusBorisov
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Like other trolls, SCS Torgal is not vulnerable to lots of paralyzing effects, such as stun or hold, or web.

He is, however, susceptible to the Lvl 1 spell 'Grease', which takes away his speed. Lowering his magic resistance will make it easier, but he's not unstoppable at his base resistance either.

Just make sure you lure him over the slip and slide.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • JudouJudou Member Posts: 12

It works especially well with Cleric/Mages and Jan. Cleric/Mages can fit DUHM in the same sequencer, and have other cleric buffs that are normally limited by a cleric's low APR. They can also use weapons like the Flail of Ages.

Is this still the case? I have a cleric (kitted)/mage, and there are no cleric spells listed to add to the sequencer.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Judou: Shocking Grasp now cancels polymorph effects in 2.0, making that trick no longer functional. But it should still be possible to put cleric spells in a sequencer. When creating the sequencer, there should be a button to switch back and forth from your cleric and mage spell list. If your character is a dual-class and hasn't regained its cleric levels, though, you'll need to gain a few levels first.

It is possible that 2.0 ruled cleric spells out of mage sequencers, which strikes me as silly, considering it was not a bug, but an explicit feature that was intentionally put into the game since the day BG2 first came out 16 years ago.
    justfeelinathomelolienJuliusBorisov
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I can already see people trying to look cool by saying the German word instead of just sticking with the English one ... *sigh*
    marzbarz
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I don't doubt it, but I know there are a lot of non-German-speakers "sword fans" who like to make themselves look cool by using the German names for swords. And usually butcher the pronounciation and make themselves look like idiots in the process :/

My point it, people should stick to one language for stuff like this, if possible (there are of course specific cases where there is no translation available, but I think you get what I mean).
    justfeelinathomesemiticgoddessbiffyclangerProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If I'm reading the scripts correctly, importing a character from Siege of Dragonspear will allow you to get several unique items. Although the item files and scripts exist in 2.0 already, I don't think they actually appear unless you have SoD.

One item is the Bard Hat in the Planar Sphere, which makes bard songs last three times as long (but the songs no longer stack). Two others are the Voidsword and Voidhammer in Bodhi's lair in Chapter 6, both of which are +3 items that penalize the wielder's STR by 1, but do not gain any THAC0 or damage bonuses from STR. Any non-undead critter struck by either weapon must make a save vs. spell or lose 1 point of STR, but this cannot drop the target's STR below 1 on its own.

Seems like it would work marvelously with Called Shot.
    lolienJuliusBorisovYamchaProont
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @semiticgod do you know if there's a thread about what you get if you import a SoD char?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

do you know if there's a thread about what you get if you import a SoD char?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/737040/#Comment_737040
    SpaceInvaderlolienYamcha
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150

Seems like it would work marvelously with Called Shot.

Also Shaman's Ethereal Retribution may be useful for your tactics
    Duration: 3 rounds
    Casting Time: 8
    Area of Effect: 30-ft. radius
    Saving Throw: Special
    Ghostly figures called by the Shaman swirl around the battlefield,
    tormenting the Shaman’s adversaries. All enemies
    within the area of effect take 3d8 points of magic damage
    per round for the next 3 rounds (no save). In addition, all
    living enemies (undead and constructs are unaffected)
    must Save vs. Spell or lose 2 points of Strength every
    round for 5 rounds. The Strength loss is cumulative, but
    this spell cannot reduce the Strength of a creature below 1.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddessLoldrup