Skip to content

I'm completely dissapointed in these forums

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

On that note, what the -beep- did I miss?

Just a bunch of discussions regarding SoD. Nothing much really. It's blown over now, mostly.

JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Skarose
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

piss piss piss piss

Is there something else you'd like to share with us?
    Ithualmf2112
  • MrPotatoChickenMrPotatoChicken Member Posts: 12
    Skatan said:

I think the amount of people I saw in here who rose up united, and spoke out against prejudice, exclusiveness and hatred was one of the finest moments of these forums I've seen. Sure it was ugly, as all battles worth fighting for are. But there was beauty as well; seeing both new and old forumites speak out strongly and eloquently against the onslaught of haters joining to propagate their agenda gave me hope for humanity; that civilization doesn't end where the internet start.

For me too! The biggest issue with "ignore the trolls" is that it leaves everyone who is not an arsehair silent. So all we hear are the outraged babies. And it makes it seems like that vocal minority is actually the majority. Which makes things seem very hopeless...

But for the same reasons why there will never be an exclusive drinking fountain for only white people in schools again (yep that was a thing, not too long ago either...), there will never be a time where every single game is made for that minority, because we are moving forward. The duberos know it, which is why they try to fight it so violently. I could go into the sociological reasons why.. but I am already making my posts way too long.

But trust me, it's going to get better. Sometimes it will get worse before it does, but it will. I believe so fullheartedly. :)
    SkatanIthual
  • DeviijaDeviija Member Posts: 37
    Why the misgendering of Mizhena in the OP?
    Fawnky
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    Actually, I think the forum has been pretty ok. Compare it to the steam forum which is an absolute mess. Most of the discussions here have been pretty courteous and at least somewhat on point, with people actually responding to each others points. I's true that the posts have been more towards the meta of the politics rather than the game content itself, but that is still something worth discussing. There are a lot of people here that I vehemently disagree with, but at least here we can have those conversations.
    semiticgoddessGozeta
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    Deviija said:

Why the misgendering of Mizhena in the OP?

That struck me as odd too. Especially when they're trying to tell people not to discuss, to then add fuel to the flames themselves is a bit off.

To give the benefit of the doubt, I'm going to assume it's an honest mistake as a language thing. Some languages, such as Chinese don't use gender specific pronouns so people from those countries often use "he" inappropriately. That might not be the case, but it would be a really strange way to try to bring peace here if not.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    I hate that moderators on the Steam forums often don't make multiple forum sections. I like helping people but if their not gonna separate the topics seeking help from the (mostly) crap then I'm not gonna bother helping anyone there lol.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    I did a thing!
    [Deleted User]SkaroseNimranJuliusBorisov