Skip to content

Should Noober be allowed to exist?

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
I was inspired to make this poll! What do you think?
  1. Should Noober be allowed to exist?60 votes
    1. Of course! Noober is an outstanding member of Nashkel's citizenry! I can't just kill him!
      51.67%
    2. Of course not! This monster is a menace to society and must be butchered!
      10.00%
    3. Eh, I don't care.
      13.33%
    4. ...Wut?
        6.67%
    5. Look Mom, I'm on the Internet!
      18.33%

Comments

• marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    I usually haste run past him for the ankheg plate/ctrl-j lol. I haven't seen him in so long tbh just from ctrl-j past him.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    People used to throw rocks at him. Poor Noober.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I think my next play through I am going to charm the sap and then have him harass Nimbul instead of me.
  • mysterymeepmysterymeep Member Posts: 33

I feel sorry for the poor guy, so after each time he speaks to me I move my party gradually into Nashkel. If timed right, he ends up in front of Nashkel Inn before speaking to me for the last time. That way, instead of leaving the fellah out in an empty field, I leave him in the center of town where he has a lot of people to speak to.

:naughty::trollface:

That's adorable!
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    Eh, I don't care. I have killed him. Talked to him. Talked to him and killed him and just run away. It really depends on how evil my party is at the time.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    @noober can stay, yes.

After all, we can't fry him "to taste like chicken", unlike @Melicamp ;)
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766

This discussion suddenly gave me the horrible idea to make a mod which makes Noober divide into two every time you kill him, each clone having the annoying AI of the original while also set to leading with their first talk so you have to talk to each one 31 times or be overwhelmed by the legion.

...oh gods I need to go code this right now.

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944

This discussion suddenly gave me the horrible idea to make a mod which makes Noober divide into two every time you kill him, each clone having the annoying AI of the original while also set to leading with their first talk so you have to talk to each one 31 times or be overwhelmed by the legion.

Noober's army = my worst nightmare. Noober is Bhaal reincarnated.
    You just made my day to spam fireballs.

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Noober was funny 15 years ago. I may be a cranky ol'bastard, but I very rarely interact with him (or other immersion-breakers) nowadays.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Uh internet...

What about now?
    What about now?
    What about now?

@Artemius_I that is just evil. So very evil. You are wicked. A spawn of Noobers to roam the sword coast. Don't forget his nice cousins Neeber and Nuber. They need that mod too.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Of course. My epic level Bhaalspawn developed a spell which transport Noober to space, floating around within an Otiluke's sphere.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

...oh gods I need to go code this right now.

THE HORROR!
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    He is so not useful being alive...
    @GenderNihilismGirdle I laughed so hard.
    @GenderNihilismGirdle I laughed so hard.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited May 2016
    Of course, noober is the heart and soul of the BG series!

You have a question? Ask noober!
    Need help with a problem? Tell Noober!
    Viconia isn't putting out like she should? Noober has the solution!
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

Where's the option for "Make Noober and Neeber into joinable EE companions!"? Because that's my real choice.

Someone needs to figure out the stats in the game for Noober and Neeber and the SoD one I can't recall the name of right now, so I can live the dream with a party of 2 of each premade at Candlekeep.

Gorion's Wards, finally annoying him even worse than Imoen's constant "Heya, it's me Imoen!", drove him to pretend to receive a letter urging him to get them out of Candlekeep for their own safety. In secret, Gorion wrote to Sarevok "please, kill me, I have no will to live, just promise to kill the little twerps after you're done, I beg of you"

and so began the journey to place Noober Prime on the Throne of Bhaal...

I just had a flashback to Red Dwarf and the Ace Rimmer storylines. :D
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    How dare anyone out there make fun of Noober after all he's been through! Leave him alone!