Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Ascorius said:

Just finished a full playthrough with SCS with my wife, and the only proper bug we encountered was the fission slime bug previously mentioned in the thread.

The thing is that it still bugs even if you kill it with fire. Nuked it down with fireballs, but we still got stuck. Had to use the console to get further.

Neither does the slime split if you kill it without, it just dies like a normal slime.

Anyways, I am really impressed how well the mod works on BG:EE. The absolute must have mod out there.

Deleting the fission slime creature file from override folder may cure the bug. It should revert the creature into its unmodded, vanilla state so it should work properly. (in theory, I haven't tried yet)

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    @DavidW

regarding the item tweaks component "Replace many magic weapons with fine ones", i have several ideas:

in my opinion, the focus should be on removing the incredible amount of generic +3 weapons

here's how it might be done, for example: let there be a category of normal mundane weapons and improved mundane weapons (already present, you could call it whatever, fine, sharpened, excellent, balanced...) but make it so that enhanced weapons can also be magical

this way you could have the following progression of value/scarcity

longsword
    longsword (balanced)
    longsword +1
    longsword +1 (balanced) --- +2thaco +1dmg but has only one level of enchantment; this factors in when dermining what it can hit; price-wise it could be between +1 and +2
    longsword +2
    longsword +2 (balanced) --- +3thaco +2dmg, two levels of enchantment

generic +3 weapons would not be found commonly (as they are now; it looks ugly and also ruins the economy, especially with the new EE quests) and would only be carried by a couple dozen enemies, maybe one lieutenant in each group in ToB
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Please fix Silke, it isn't difficult nor fun with her using invisibility and running around the entire map of Beregost. If i'm lucky it'll only take 5 minutes to find her, now I'm 7 minutes in and still searching for her.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    SionIV said:

Please fix Silke, it isn't difficult nor fun with her using invisibility and running around the entire map of Beregost. If i'm lucky it'll only take 5 minutes to find her, now I'm 7 minutes in and still searching for her.

Scripts get randomly generated at install time. I know, that's a lame tactic, but, she probably ran out of all of her spells.
    CrevsDaak said:

SionIV said:

Scripts get randomly generated at install time. I know, that's a lame tactic, but, she probably ran out of all of her spells.
    She didn't, I've had to reinstall SCS three times now, and every single time she uses improved invisibility after mirror image/Stoneskin and then throws haste in her invisibility which she somehow does without showing.

When i wrote that post yesterday i had time to clear an entire section of Beregost with my Thief and still couldn't find her. Then once i get into the sequence with Neera Silke pops up and starts throwing spells on my party. Then the mage fight also starts and I'm having Silke throw spells, the enemy mage throw spells and Neera trying to capture as many of my characters in her color spray.

I survived that fight with CHARNAME and Alora while Imoen, Kagain and Shar'teel got killed.

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Sounds like something a smart spellcaster would do :)
    edited June 2014
    SirK8 said:

I fully agree, but if SCS tried to follow that then most of the fights in the game would be highly frustrating not to mention boring. It's fine to Improve the AI and grant them the spells they should have, it's not alright to have them go invisibility and hide for 30 minutes. Then attack when I'm in the Neera cut scene and can't defend myself.

Clever lady, that Silke.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Silke's vanilla script also has her first spell as Improved Invisibility. Of course, in vanilla, she lets you get right up next to her and then you can hack her to death before she gets a spell off. But, she is a 10th level bard, so she should be a considerable challenge for a low-level party.

A solution would be for the Neera cutscene to have a ClearAllActions() command tied to it. That way, it would stop Silke from doing anything during the cutscene.

You can try dropping this in the override folder and see if it helps.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    SionIV said:

SirK8 said:

I fully agree, but if SCS tried to follow that then most of the fights in the game would be highly frustrating not to mention boring. It's fine to Improve the AI and grant them the spells they should have, it's not alright to have them go invisibility and hide for 30 minutes. Then attack when I'm in the Neera cut scene and can't defend myself.

Clever lady, that Silke.
    Ok, I agree on the cut scene part, that's a bit much :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    IS there a chance you could add a new tactical encounter component for Sarevok? I would love to see him the way it was in the original baldur's gate, with 288 hp, a kick-ass MR and all the other great bonus.

I've seen that Elminster published a override file, and I could use it, but I want to ask anyway. You never know if other people are into challenges as much as me.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/512577/#Comment_512577
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited January 2015
    Edit. I think it's working now. Mulahey does have better spells (still doesn't have Strength of one though) and he does have a few more HPs.

I did run into another problem: Potions for NPCs component doesn't seem to break any potions no matter what option I select. NPCs do have the extra potions and they use them so that's to most important thing anyway.

I would strikethrough the text below but I don't know how to do it :)

I'm having problems with SCS installation. At least Nashkel mines seem to be laking the components I installed: no Elite kobolds, Mulahey is unchanged (no increased HPs or Strength of one) other than he uses the improved priests script in the beginning of the battle. Any idea what is the problem here? I'm using the latest v28 and have tried it on two different PCs with no other mods installed.
    Post edited by Wilbur on
  • XobehXobeh Member Posts: 10
    I have the Android version on BG:EE and will get the second one soon. I need a list of options that do not change the tlk file. As that is not able to edited on the Android version. Anything that just requires the override folder is fine, though.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited May 2015
    @Xobeh most pure ai work fine. mage and priest improvements add prebuff lines to them, but if dialog.tlk is not editted, they will show up as garbage text. It works %100 otherwise.

Edited spells such as breach, spell thrust and its bigger brothers secret word, etc. show up as garbage or empty text in the spellbook. They work as intended by the mod.

Improved Abazigal lair in bg2 and Sarevok fight in BG1 add a lot of new dialogue, they show as invalid links but they work and combat is upgraded (and awesome!)

In android, are you sure dialog.tlk is inaccesible? I know it is so in Ipads, which I own, but I thought androids were fully customisable.
  • XobehXobeh Member Posts: 10
    Cheers.
    It is accessible. The obb (the main data file) is basically an archive. The issue is when you extract the tlk file and replace it with the one from your modded game and then place the obb file back, the game thinks there's an error with the files and reloads the entire obb file again.
    Supposedly there is a way to trick the game into thinking it's the same file but I don't really have time for it yet.

At the moment I just want to finally playthrough the game fully with a difficulty mod since base game was too easy.
  • DmxDexDmxDex Member Posts: 21
    i cant get scs to work with baldurs gate ee. i get a not installed due to errors.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    BGEE has been updated since the last SCS release, you may need to wait until SCS catches up.
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2016
    I’ve noticed a couple of separate threads about this, but I’ve decided to ask here, in the main thread for SCS, just to be sure. So: how much behind the current patch level of BGEE is SCS? Can it be installed successfully and if so, are there any workarounds involved?
    Post edited by Asthner on
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    I've seen it could work but it needs a few hotfixes.
    See here : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?s=3f200f0dee8aa7da5c00f7607a74e774&showtopic=2809

A lot of bugs have also been reported on V30 with BG2EE, and a few guys have also made some fixes

It's a bit sad that Davidw can't update SCS. I wonder if anyone wouldhave the skills to continue his work, if indeed David won't come back anymore.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    SCS works with 2.0/2.1/2.2 and 2.3 beta. Just use this fix by @subtledoctor -https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @subtledoctor
    Any chance to update the whole mod package for noobers?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Aedan I think for that an approval of the mod author is needed.
    @subtledoctor
    Okay, no problem. Thanks for the answer! :)
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Well, that's a good thing.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    So is this usable with the most current BG2EE version with @Subtledoctors fixes? Only reason I ask is I draw close to BG2 and will wait if need be.
    Yes, it's usable (I'm currently using it with the 2.3.67.0 beta)
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    The mirrored site is not up, can anyone link another download for me? I cant find one from google and I am itching for another playthrough :(.
  • Badfish_07Badfish_07 Member Posts: 14
    Can someone please help me out? I decided to do another run of my old fav, BG. I've done BGEE with SCS a while back but it's been a while. Apparently the game has been updated and SCS no longer works with it. I read that David isn't working on it anymore. I have digital copy from beamdog that updates automatically. Is my only solution to buy a box version of the game, not update it, and then use an old version of SCS? If so I also need somewhere to download an older version of SCS or the latest and match my game version with it. It was all erased when I built a new PC and wiped the old one and gave it to my daughter. I'd rather play without the graphics enhancements, new shaman class, ability to create a party without having to make multiplayer game or import characters.. just so i can use SCS. The game is too easy without it and SCS is the only reason I can even play through it now.