Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Slight correction, it was every Magic Missile spells casted by my character and not on my character.
    It also expanded to Skull Trap in the past, instantly slaying @bengoshi 's F/M/T, but it also affected the caster level as my spell actually did more damage than possible for my caster level (modified by being a Wild Mage).
    JuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Fatigue does impose luck penalties per fatigmod.2da, yes.
    JuliusBorisovTressetAstroBryGuyGemHound
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    A .2da file? Well, I didn't see that coming.
  • KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2016
    Will there be an Icewind Dale2EE of NWN1/2EE
  • ilhdrilhdr Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2016
    Hello, good beamdog's souls.

I have both editions of BG on the Beamdog app, If I buy SoD on Steam is there a way to play with my BGEE version?

If it's possible I will buy it on day one and will write good reviews everywhere.
    edited March 2016
    double post, sorry
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    ilhdr said:

Hello, good beamdog's souls.

I have both editions of BG on the Beamdog app, If I buy SoD on Steam is there a way to play with my BGEE version?

You're gonna want to purchase through Beamdog if you bought BGEE through the Beamdog client. The Steam version only works with Steam BGEE and vice versa.
    I know, but I was kind of hoping to have a key activation or something
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    What are all the ways to make a party member blind in BG2EE? There's the spell Blindness, Power Word: Blind, and the Talon card in the Deck of Many Things. Any others?

(Also: Hey, y'all! It's been awhile.)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • badagratbadagrat Member Posts: 1
    I've just downloaded the new patch from 2 days ago for bg2ee, now my whole party's str is set to 25 and they all are invincible for some reason. I am currently in underdark. Does anyone know how this happened and how I can reverse it?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    badagratJuliusBorisov
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited April 2016
    Is Branwen w/ Gauntlets of Ogre power a better option than Viconia? I like having muscle up front and am seriously considering swapping out Vicky for Branwen on future evil playthroughs. Branwen also has great wisdom and is strong enough to wear plate or the practical defense.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited April 2016
    Once you get to the Gauntlets Viconia will have a lower AC [19Dex] and Magic Resistance as a Tank force. As a single-class character she will level faster and have a more powerful Dispel Magic, etc.

Branwen however will have much better Hit Points. If you do not get the early Level 2 Viconia with 12HP, the Level 4 version only has 18HP when recruited and will be useless as a frontliner until the Gauntlets are obtained unless drinking potions [or Strength spell]. Branwen can be recruited at Level 5 [once your charname is Level 4] and will have 38HP.
    Post edited by Eadwyn_G8keeper on
    JuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Branwen and Viconia are both single-classed clerics. They will level at the same rate.

Branwen has 1 point better Wisdom that Viconia, 16 vs 15 (unless you are using Tweaks Anthology to give Viconia her BG2 stats), so she will get 1 extra 2nd level spell.

Branwen also has a 15 Con, so she gets +1 HP per level. Viconia's Con is 8, which is just above the level where fatigue penalties start to kick in.

Viconia has 19 Dex (+3 missile attack bonus, -4 AC bonus), compared to Branwen's 16 (+1 missile attack bonus, -2 AC bonus).

Until you get the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Branwen's Strength allows her to wear heavy armor while Viconia can't. Without the Gauntlets, Viconia is best from the back bench, slinging and casting spells.

Personally, if you're doing an evil playthrough Kagain with the Gauntlets paired with Dorn is a great 1-2 punch front-line combo (18/00 and 19 STR!). Kagain's Con gives him regeneration.
    Eadwyn_G8keeperJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Dee
    Could you tell us do dev plan wrap character record screen up in the upcoming bg2ee patch?
    Can we expect any patches/hotfixes for beta testers soon?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited April 2016
    There's a plan in place, but I can't comment on the timeline just yet. You can see an updated list of the bugs we're currently working on here: http://support.baldursgate.com/projects/bg-ee-bugs/roadmap
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • cameosiscameosis Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2016
    hello,

does anybody know where i can find a complete list of names for the minor npcs in baldur's gate 1 and baldur's gate 2 (including the respective expansions tales of the sword coast and throne of bhaal)?

thanks!
    @cameosis your best bet would be to use NearInfinity. It is an extremely awesome and useful tool that allows you to view and edit most of the resources in the game. I use it regularly.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovloliencameosis
  • cameosiscameosis Member Posts: 28
    thanks, will give it a shot.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • AnthedonAnthedon Member Posts: 26
    Is there an ETA for when the new quest log will get proper subitems for BG2 (might also affect BG1, haven't tested it though). It says No Objective Text pretty much everywhere. I know you can click on it to get the full entry, but still. It looks very half-baked.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Where the game store the journal entries? Is there a way to extract them as a .txt?
    JuliusBorisov
    @lolien I haven't checked, but if journal entries are organized as well as the rest of the strings (which is rather poorly) they are scattered all over dialog.tlk and there would be no one easy way to extract just the journal entries, at least not that I know of.
    JuliusBorisov
    I should have say, that i checked the dialog.tlk already with notepad++, i searched for keywords in my journal, but couldn't find my entries. Maybe it's in the savegame files?
    JuliusBorisov
    So, i found it with Near Infinity, it's in the saved game, in the BALDUR.SAV file:

JuliusBorisov
    @lolien Oh, that's all you wanted? You can edit journal entries with EEKeeper too.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    When Globe of Blades and Blade Barrier are both active, enemies appear to only roll for Save vs. Spell once per round. Is that actually what's happening? If so, is that roll made with or without the -2 penalty?
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    In Adventurer’sGuide there a text
    "Greater Werewolf Shapeshift.Beginning at 13th level, the Shapeshifter
    may take the form of a Greater Werewolf once per day.
    The Greater
    Werewolf form is described in greater detail at the end of this book"

Unfortunately i can't find any info about that(in AG), where is that info? appreciate any help.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    I have a question about "Encumbrance".

Considering the following image:

I understand that a maximum carry weight of 1701 may be a nod to Star Trek, but what does b.s. stand for ?
    lolien