Did you know?

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

CrevsDaak said:

CrevsDaak said:

Wasn't Morte Vecna's head? o.0

he was lying
    Oh, yeah,
    there's a reason your back says "don't trust the skull" lmao.
    There's also a reason Morte "forgets" to read you this line. ;)
    morte's a bro tho.
    With the best special ability ever!

Litany of curses! :smiley:
    CrevsDaakDJKajuru
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    DJKajuru said:

The question is : why would a smart guy like him bombard his own store and risk razing the whole district to ashes?

The same reason that Gorion responds to you pickpocketing him by striking you down with some weird lightning spell and killing you instantly?
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldProont
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Did you know: The Kensai is a monk tradition in the newest Unearthed Arcana
    https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/M_2016_UAMonk1_12_12WKWT.pdf
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovProont
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882

It would be funnier if he wasn't actually a level 18 mage, but just randomly had that as a spell-like ability somehow.

honestly I wish all the non-civilian storekeepers in the game would have shandalar-level of punishment to dispense. It's just wrong to kill Thalanthyr and the likes with as much effort as an average basic encounter.
    sazzieGallowglassProont

honestly I wish all the non-civilian storekeepers in the game would have shandalar-level of punishment to dispense. It's just wrong to kill Thalanthyr and the likes with as much effort as an average basic encounter.

The problem is that there's too many powerful mages in the game already, especially from BG2 on. Adding a bunch of epic-level or worse, arbitrarily invulnerable shopkeepers only adds to the weirdness. There's already immersion-breaking incentives not to gank merchants in the fact that you can't just take their inventory off their corpses, so that should be good enough.
    semiticgoddessGoturalCrevsDaakGrum

This is because the game loses track of the original source of the damage. It also happens if you save and load a game. It can actually rob you of XP if the creature in question is an enemy you killed with lingering damage.

Well, I can't imagine saving after combat has started and I've poisoned the enemy, so that doesn't seem like it'd happen too often.
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Abi_Dalzim: No, probably not. I honestly don't know how I discovered that.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

This is because the game loses track of the original source of the damage. It also happens if you save and load a game. It can actually rob you of XP if the creature in question is an enemy you killed with lingering damage.

Well, I can't imagine saving after combat has started and I've poisoned the enemy, so that doesn't seem like it'd happen too often.
    Maybe he's poisoned an innocent who does not become hostile?
    CrevsDaakProont
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Might be a result of shifting areas with 0 transition time, e.g. in Athkatla, while a fight is in progress. If the game crashes as a result of that then you would presumably load the autosave.
    CrevsDaak
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited December 2016
    @BillyYank
    I forgot that thread existed :neutral:
    I wish I would have had that link before I made my aesthetic boards.
    elminsterlolienJoenSoCrevsDaak
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    On a related note: was there ever a point with the little vestibule except for talking to the cleaners? What is the point of it in-universe even?
  • Someone needs to make a Boo mod based on Wilson the Bear.
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakProont
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353

Did you know that you can console Boo into BG2?
    He has the character sprite of a rat and his stats are as follow:
    Str: 9 | Dex: 25 | Con: 3 | Int: 9 | Wis: 9 | Cha: 9

He is literally more intelligent than Minsc, by a whole point.

That is... awesome!! But... Console Code or didn't happen. :wink: