Skip to content

The Baldur's Gate Wiki - contribute if you have time

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    edited January 2017
    Updated it, should I change the wording any?

Also we should transport all the material from the Luck thread to the wiki so people know what Luck does.

Edit: Luck thread
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61569/luck-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/p1
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I have spend literally the entire day on reworking the deity section. And I am just about halfway done >:V
    JuliusBorisovTroodon80Grammarsalad
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    Vallmyr said:

I will probably change one thing. One thing that isn't documented anywhere but I think is very important.

The Bard Song effects.

+1 Luck at 1, +2 Luck at 15, +3 Luck at 20

This only applies to the EE's and only in 2.0 and later.

VallmyrJuliusBorisov
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    elminster said:

Vallmyr said:

I will probably change one thing. One thing that isn't documented anywhere but I think is very important.

The Bard Song effects.

+1 Luck at 1, +2 Luck at 15, +3 Luck at 20

This only applies to the EE's and only in 2.0 and later.

Updated to include such information. Thank you.
    JuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I'm taking the liberty of adding any relevant missing information posted in this thread and transcribing it to the PIH wiki as well, such as the EEs' kitless Bard Song effects.

Going to finish up the Level 4 arcane spells section today.
    JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
    lefreut said:

Typo on the Cyric page:

He makes and appearances in Throne of Bhaal during 4th test of Pocket Plane where he questions the protagonist about whether they want to assume godhood and their plans about it. He then summons few assassins to "test" them before disappearing.
    This is a Wiki, just hit [Edit] and fix it :P
    CrevsDaakTroodon80
    So, uh, I went ahead and made an article for the novels. Since I haven't actually read them, don't plan on doing so and can't find a lot of info online, it would be nice if someone with more knowledge than I could chime in and fill the gaps >.>

Also, I tried to create a template for section stubs, similar to the one found on the FR wiki, but I can't seem to make it work? If anyone with a better understanding of coding than me could fix that, it would be greatly appreciated.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Also, I tried to create a template for section stubs, similar to the one found on the FR wiki, but I can't seem to make it work? If anyone with a better understanding of coding than me could fix that, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've added a solid black border (I know I'm not creative) but it's not working (dunno why, can't think straight at 6am, but it's ignoring the css in there I guess).
    JuliusBorisov
    edited January 2017
    @CrevsDaak I'd rather have it look like the one for article stubs, for consistency's sake. Also, man, the kind of stuff I discover while researching, it's insane.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Lots of class kit info added, looks much better now, will continue to expend it using the same format
    Buttercheese
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

CrevsDaak I'd rather have it look like the one for article stubs, for consistency's sake. Also, man, the kind of stuff I discover while researching, it's insane.

Ok. Solved.
    ButtercheeseJuliusBorisov
    @CrevsDaak Thank you, I also figured out why it wasn't working: The capitalization is apparntly important :V
    CrevsDaak
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Damn, there's definitely a lot going on here lately. It's great to see intensive collective work on improving Baldur's Gate Wiki.
    ButtercheeseJuliusBorisovTroodon80CrevsDaak
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Okay? I think it's a public service if we erase all record.
    CrevsDaakGallowglassThacoBell
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    The novel was like a wet fart. Just play it off like it never happened...
    ThacoBell
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2017
    On the contrary, I suggest we let it be known just how laughably terrible these (air quotes) 'books' are, if only to dissuade any poor ignorant sap who might believe them to actually be good.

You don't even need to make it biased. The abominations literally speak for themselves as to how utterly insane they are.
    wubbleButtercheese
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2017
    Actually, people are quite interested in who appears in the books and how they die. If not just for the fun of it.

Ps, I have too many social responsibilities at home to help out but i think you guys are doing us all a great service.
    wubbleButtercheese
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
    ArctodusGallowglasswubbleJuliusBorisov
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Two days busy in the RL and lot of work has been done O_O
    Sorry to be so slow with the Spell list.. x_x
    I will get it done.. somehow.. >_<
    lolien
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Level 4 arcane spells are finished on PIH. I have a newfound fondness for Polymorph Self, a spell I've never used much at all before. Its actually really strong.
    JuliusBorisovButtercheeselolienCrevsDaak
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Status effects(bg2) edited, anyone more familiar with editing tools feel free to format it like this for improved readability =)
    lolienJuliusBorisovButtercheese
    edited January 2017
    I am currently putting together a series of articles about the cinematic cutscenes. I found one that I don't remember seeing used anywhere in BG1:

It looks to be the basement of the Ducal Palace, but can anybody confirm it is actually played there?

PS: Also, are the 3D cutscenes made with Bink video? And if so, does that also go for the additional ones from BG2:EE? Never mind, apparently they where created with a program named MVE.

PPS: Which tavern does this cutscene belong to:
    Post edited by Buttercheese on
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @Buttercheese
    The 1st one is the Duchal Palace, and it is played in BG1:ToSC and BGEE (at least every version I have played). The second one is an unused movie for the Elfsong Tavern that has been restored by at least a few mods, including BG:EE Classic Movies.
    ButtercheeselolienJuliusBorisov