Skip to content

Issue 1 of a Community Made Magazine

This is the first issue of a new community run magazine for the IE games. This issue includes IE mod highlights, custom 5e rules, an Interview with Beamdog's very own @Elminster, a lengthy review of the game Tyranny, as well as, art, creative writing and ramblings of other community members.

All submissions and work for the publication was done on a volunteer basis, as we attempted to get the first issue out before Christmas (we failed miserably). It is our gift to you, for making this place an amazing collection of talented individuals and personalities.

I would like to thank @O_Bruce, @God, @Lord_Rumfish, @Vallmyr, @semiticgod, @Anduin, @typo_tilly, @Nonnahswriter, @JuliusBorisov and @Trent_Oster for making this project possible.

This is also just the beginning. We are currently working on our second issue for the community as I type this. We would love to hear your feedback, thoughts and suggestions for this project as we move forward. This includes a name for the publication. We are open to and encouraging suggestions and will have a poll to choose the name out of the best suggestions. There will also be a prize for the winning submission, but it might just only be one of @Nimran's .

If you have a question, idea, or would like to help us out for upcoming issues, please just message @JuliusBorisov or I through the forums.

We hope you enjoy this magazine as much as we enjoyed making it for you.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Well @Anduin was asking for questions from the community after this one.

I donno if he should answer it as the magazine needs to stay pg 13.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    tbone1 said:

Well done! When can we expect an article on the mating habits of gnome illusionists?

I don't know whether should I hope or not to be required to make illustration for that kind article...
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    O_Bruce said:

tbone1 said:

Well done! When can we expect an article on the mating habits of gnome illusionists?

I don't know whether should I hope or not to be required to make illustration for that kind article...
    Probably not. People might read it while eating, and no good would come of that.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    tbone1 said:

Probably not. People might read it while eating, and no good would come of that.

And you think that reading about it wouldn't be equally bad? Fufufu.... How naive ;3
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    O_Bruce said:

tbone1 said:

And you think that reading about it wouldn't be equally bad? Fufufu.... How naive ;3
    That's gnomist! Tiax will bit your kneecaps, once someone fetches the Royal Stepstool!

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    deltago said:

• Amnish Whispers
    • Infidel's Infinity Vielle
    • Volo's Collection of Unpaid Bar Tabs
    • PAUSE ( absolutely not a knock-off of TIMES )
    Sadly, we will need to stay away from anything that is another's IP. So Amnish, and Volo are out.

I do like Pause as well, however, it is already taken by another type of publication http://pausemag.co.uk/

edit: I also wanted to say thank you for all the positive feedback we have received. Keep the suggestions coming. This magazine is for you and we want to cover things you will be interested in reading.
    Hey, that fashion store stole my great idea which I spend three whole seconds to think about!
    My tender heart has been played with by some Britains I don't even know. *sniff*

Oh wait, that can be easily fixed with another letter or two: PAUSED, or PAUSEMANIACS, or PAUSOMANTS, or PAUSED ROLL, or even P-A-U-S-E-D I-N A-C-T-I-O-N to keep things fancy.

My naming sense is unmatched under the sky! MUAHAHAHA~