tbone1 said:

deltago said:

DJKajuru said:

ALWAYS KEEP THE PANTALOONS

I think I'll edit them and make'em wearable as a robe. Choices. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    +2 to charisma.

-100% to hide in shadows
    +3 to Fab-U-Loooooussss!
    Nature's Beauty 1/day. Blind everybody with the radiance of your awesomeness!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited March 2017
    If I remember correctly they should also reduce intelligence. So if somebody does make a mod that makes them wearable, as well as the +2 to Charisma, there should be a 1 or 2 point decrease in intelligence as well.

EDIT

I was right about intelligence. Thanks EE keeper for the easy transfer of this info. :)

"The Golden Pantaloons did surely see the very beginnings of our realm, though I must press that they "saw" this formative time by their simple presence, and not through some vestigial eyes that might have erupted through a rear pocket perhaps concealing teeth and other improbable extremities. I am sure that the various owners of the pantaloons can attest to the general lack of animated digits or ocular sensors, as evidenced by the continued sanctity and privacy maintained by their respective buttocks.

Lyric pantoums of an age long since out of print speak of "trousers that were as metal, though soft about the shanks." While it might be easy to jump to the seemingly inevitable conclusion that the trousers rose while Netheril fell, it is doubtful that the pantaloons were the garments of which they speak. One must clarify these oft-misquoted verses with knowledge of the Pantechnicon, an ancient bazaar once prized for Silver Pantalets. Fine these may have been, but golden they were not. Nickel Panties are also said to be currently available, though the dockside establishments that claim to offer these products are beyond my meager experience, and thus I can make no report.

The purpose of the Pantaloons is as mysterious as ever, and will likely remain so until the Pantocrator himself returns, though some properties can be divined though intimate observation. The "uplifting" properties of the gusset very nearly defy gravity, shaping quite nicely both the front and rear. This improved contour would likely increase self-esteem for a wearer of either sex. I would hazard a guess, however, that this continuing self delusion might actually hamper cognitive functions, and care should be taken in the wearing of any pantaloons of golden nature."

I disagree that only Shadowdancers can wear them.

So in my opinion we have:
    -2 to intelligence.

@tbone1
    +2 to charisma.
    -100% to hide in shadows

An excellent idea

@Abi_Dalzim
    Nature's Beauty 1/day. Blind everybody with the radiance of your awesomeness!
    Another excellent idea

@Pokota
    Requires a Remove Curse for doffing.
    Obviously. :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Well I certainly got a discussion going ^-^

Well I certainly got a discussion going ^-^

Now all we need is someone to make the mod, preferably changing the appearance of the character to be wearing golden pantaloons. :) Only the latter would be difficult for a modder I think, and even that shouldn't be TOO difficult.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Heh, that's worth wearing in BG1 if you're not a backstabber since nothing in unmodded BG1 attacks INT.
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    haha thats awesome!
    can someone explain to me the fascination of the pantaloons. ive found them before but given them back to the nobleman and have no idea why we keep them o_O
    ooooohhhhh ill keep an eye out :smiley:
    sazzie said:

ooooohhhhh ill keep an eye out :smiley:

Warning! You have to do evil stuff to get them, like you had to steal these for instance.
    edited March 2017
    You have to do selfish and dishonest things to get them. I don't believe anything in the Metal Pants chain actually impacts reputation.

I was never good at judging who to give the ultimate reward to, though I've only legally acquired it once with an F3>C
    o_O oh i see. no wonder ive never found the extra pantaloons in BG2 and ToB
    sazzie said:

I had the same problem.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Don't try to get them with Mazzy in BG2, she will put the kibosh on getting them.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    sazzie said:

I don't recall the ToB ones being hard to find. Thought you just needed to free Bondari and let him find the scroll of reversal for you, and he'd throw in the bronze pantalettes as a bonus. I say all of this with some uncertainty because it's been years since I've used Bondari instead of just ganking the wizard and taking the scroll by force.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The BG2 set is the hardest to find. They are all more easter eggs than standard items anyway.
    tbone1 said:

Don't try to get them with Mazzy in BG2, she will put the kibosh on getting them.

I don't recall Mazzy keeping me from taking the Silvers, but then again I don't presently remember how to get the Silvers either. I might not have had Mazzy in tow at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I remember having Keldorn with me once and him releasing the hostage when I refused. Wouldn't surprise me if Mazzy did the same. Perhaps if you left them downstairs while you went up yourself, you could mitigate that?
    very insightful guys! i may have to google this process as im very curious now ....
    sazzie said:

very insightful guys! i may have to google this process as im very curious now ....

I would say don't. You will get a pleasant surprise if you get them all.
    haha @Wise_Grimwald ive never found the BG2 and ToB pantaloons, i didnt even know they existed until this thread. im down for pleasant surprise but ima need help getting said pants so i can get my surprise is all >_<
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    DJKajuru said:

Did you know that a Cavalier's immunity to poison makes her immune to the damage of a Cloudkill? Just imagine the exploits you could do with a wand of cloudkill and a noble cavalier...

Oh it is great fun.