Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Yeah, that should be a bannable offence.

Next person will reply within an hour.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    True!

The next poster will reply with a handwritten note they made, photographed and uploaded to imgur saying "True" in their native language.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    False, haven't watched that show.

The next person will recommend it to me and will tell me thoroughly why I should watch. They will also tell me if the movie is available on Netflix, and also if it is a Netflix Original.
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    edited April 2017
    True.

The Expanse is a series, and I've just finished watching the first season on Netflix, and mightily enjoyed it.

It's space opera, and although the overarching plot could be better the series is done well enough for this not too matter. The acting is generally good, enough has been spent on the special effects to make sure they don't jar the viewer's overall experience , and although your almost certainly not going to see anything you havn't seen before, if you liked that you saw before you'll like this too!

Their are space stations, huge industrial ice cube grabbing space ships, Earth government intrigue, space cops with funny hair styles, and an actor who delivers his lines in an accent that has to be heard to be believed, and which I still can't quite decide was either genius or the actor having a larf!

The next poster is going to watch The Expanse.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I don't know. How long and how good is it?

The next poster wears a shoe over their heads every day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Usually true. I think...

The next poster is a member of the Illuminati.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Me? A member of the Illuminati? Bwahahahahahahaha.... *whispering* he knows too much... get him...

The next poster enjoys reading conspiracy theories for laughing :)
    Ah yes, fighting fantasy. I remember a rain soaked family holiday on the Isle of Skye, and me sulking about absolutely everything, until I discovered a shop in Portree selling tourist nic nacs and, inexplicably, a small upright circular display stand packed with Fighting Fantasy books.

I seem to recall my fav's were Forest of Doom and City of Thieves.

The next poster has fond memories of Fighting Fantasy books too.
    Never heard of. Is it just a regular book or one of those adventure books where you did choices and jumped to different chapters afterwards?

The next poster has bought PST:EE.
    edited April 2017
    False, I never played the original and I don't know if I want to buy it (just yet).

Next poster has prepared a tie for friday.
    False, that's the sort of thing I do on Thursdays. Not Tuesdays.

The next poster forgets what day of the week it is if they don't have to work that day.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    True. It is correct. I don't care what nobody say. (<- Also correct)

The next poster plays board games semi-regularly.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yes. Even if I could find a supposed flaw in that sentence, I've never been a grammar nazi. As long as a sentence's meaning is clear, it doesn't matter.

Much of spoken English, after all, is in sentence fragments.

The next poster will share their favorite word.
    False. I will probably have been wondering about when will be the first time I can play PST:EE, how much my food weighed (I eat a lot, so I measure it in weight rather than calories etc) and if anyone will notice tomorrow that I went to a barber shop for my beard today and comment on it. Working on letting out my inner dwarf, I've grown a fairly decent beard recently and for some reason I've noticed people always comment on it. And I mean that literally, EVERYONE has commented on my beard. 100% of my colleagues. It's interesting.

The next person has a well-groomed beard.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Nah. Mine just grows wild and free.

Next poster likes puppies!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    No. When I think of hysteria on the forums, I think of drama, not excitement.

The next poster is a drama queen.
    Nope, not at all. I really dislike when people create drama for drama's own sake.

The next person likes old massive dramas with thousands of people in costumes like El Cid, Ben Hur, Spartacus etc.
    True. Especially Spartacus. And on an ever so slightly related subject, my copy of Peekskill signed by Howard Fast is one of my most prized possessions.

The next poster has a book signed by the author that is one of their most treasured possessions.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    I got my Army of Darkness DVD signed by Bruce Campbell. Surely that must count, right?

The next user "Shops Smart, Shops S-Mart!" and may or may not possess a chainsaw for reasons other than cutting timber. You know... just in case. :tongue:
    Timber? It's only use here is to make a good asado. And chainsaws are largely useless as well, they make for a terrible weapon—no reach, requires either fuel or electricity, besides being really heavy, usually expensive and you can't hide it.

The next poster is going to tell us what their ideal weapon is.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017
    maːˈkʷawit͡ɬ, naturally. :tongue:

Interestingly enough, there are D&D 3.5 stats for macuahuitls... because, you know, it is entirely possible a Mesoamerican warrior will step through a portal and wind up in whatever campaign you're running.

The next poster will share their favorite ridiculous weapon or item that, for no discernible reason, someone added to D&D.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm afraid I lost the link to it, but supposedly, an imaginative player rigged up several bags of holding and a crossbow to create a full auto, infinite ammo, delivery system of death. They even included a blueprint for its construction.

The next poster thinks I sit on a throne of lies.
    False. Sounds like a pretty cool story.

The next poster will post a link to said story.