Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Yoshimo's betrayal at Spellhold is a metaphor for Pearl Harbor.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957

The reason all the Nashkel miners are half-naked elderly bearded geezers is because Bioware knew the average gamer wouldn't enjoy going through an area full of the alternative: half-clothed nubile shaven girls.

Thanks, I now have an image of all those miners now having the avatars of the various prostitutes.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

Yoshimo's betrayal at Spellhold is a metaphor for Pearl Harbor.

ThacoBell said:

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Unapologetic bigotry is against the Site Rules.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    If one goes into Daevorn's scryin room, the one with the symbol of Bhaal and the small viewing pool, casts clairvoyance (the ONE place in BG where it works inside), you'll never guess whose face appear in the pool, never. ;)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Modding is actually quite easy.

(and @semiticgod , as a non-native and self-learner english speaker I had to Google for "nubile". And I must say: Bioware was right).
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Islanna's and Durlag's ghosts will agree to a game of Dwarf-tossing if your Charisma score is higher than 19. (Charname must be party spokesperson for this to work.)
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    When you first enter the Planar Sphere, if you go to the right, there's a room with nothing interesting except for a map of the city. Most players probably cease coming in here after the first time or two.

However, the map is actually pretty interesting and will update itself to reflect any actions you have taken. For instance, if you save the Planar Sphere until chapter 6 and come in after you've detonated the black powder barrels in the Docks district, the map will clearly show the crater it leaves behind.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    ^It's worth noting that this applies to both times you are in Candlekeep.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Raduziel said:

Pokota said:

The contents of this thread would make for a great comedy mod.

Not only a comedy mod. This thread sometimes makes me sad with so many awesome things that are not real.
    Gazebos, for instance... :)
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    mlnevese said:

Raduziel said:

Pokota said:

Not only a comedy mod. This thread sometimes makes me sad with so many awesome things that are not real.
    You take that back!!

They're real, man, they're more real than anything...
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Heindrich said:

Also, did you know that Edwin really is Edwina. Her amulet, aside from being very powerful, happens to also have an inbuilt gender reversal enchantment.

I used EEkeeper to remove that amulet, now s/he acts like Mizhena, must be due to some bugs, I'll try that again.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    BillyYank said:

mlnevese said:

Raduziel said:

Pokota said:

You take that back!!

They're real, man, they're more real than anything...
    Not more real than these blueberry chocolate chip cookies. Which I shan't give to you.

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    There are some interesting special immunities of seemingly low-level creatures. For an instance, kobolds do not take damage from Horrid Wilting, and tasloi are immune to desintegration and petrification effects.
    But the most terryfing are carrion crawlers who are immune to Time Stop. Yeah, imagine those creepy insects coming at you while everything is frozen in time.
    The reason why almost nobody knows about those immunities (they aren't even reflected in wiki I think) is because nobody wastes Horrid Wilting on kobolds.
    elminster said:

Sarevok will be killed instantly if you successfully use Shocking Grasp against him.

Gee, grasping muscular men has all kinds of advantages.

elminster said:

Sarevok will be killed instantly if you successfully use Shocking Grasp against him.

......... You know, there's a really funny joke here involving Freddy Mercury, Mike Pence, and Madonna, but I don't dare tell it on a public forum.

tbone1 said:

elminster said:

......... You know, there's a really funny joke here involving Freddy Mercury, Mike Pence, and Madonna, but I don't dare tell it on a public forum.

A certain level of innuendo is now acceptable; the Site Rules have updated the forums from PG-13 to Teen, since the original games were roughly on that grading. As long as it's not too explicit, a few lewd jokes are fine.

By the way, did you actually know that you can find +3 tentacle rods in Phaere's bedside drawers? If you're romancing an NPC, the rods can start some very interesting hidden dialogues.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    You mean the shimmering pantaloons @elminster?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited July 2017
    Well, IIRC, the Shimmerings were the gremlins that the new armor Thalantyr makes allows you to summon. But I heard you had to bring him Larry, his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl, the pantaloons, the Ankheg Plate, the 5 diamonds and The Impaler.
    RIght? It's been a while. I never could find the hiding place for The Impaler in BG. Where the heck is it hidden? I thought it was just in BG2.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Zaghoul said:

Well, IIRC, the Shimmerings were the gremlins that the new armor Thalantyr makes allows you to summon. But I heard you had to bring him Larry, his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl, the pantaloons, the Ankheg Plate, the 5 diamonds and The Impaler.
    RIght? It's been a while. I never could find the hiding place for The Impaler in BG. Where the heck is it hidden? I thought it was just in BG2.

The Impaler +3? There's a bear that drops it in one of the wilderness areas but I don't remember which one. It may be in one of the random "You have been waylaid by enemies..." encounters.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Bear droppings... What will it come to next?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    lroumen said:

Are you sure you want to know? :)
    lroumen said:

If you don't want to,know, then don't ask.