Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Zaghoul said:

Oh lawd, not my ol Doc Who, good grief... :*:s .

I'm going to try to be nice about that comment since everyone has their own opinions.

Combat Music Logic:
    Oh the battle's over? You're trying to save or rest? Allow me to sing you the song of my people!
    Well, since they have crossed that line, now I can get Idris Elba as the next James Bond. B)

That music does seem to interfere with the saves and rest sometimes. I suppose it must have to do with the game recognizing a battle is over.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Elba will have his hands full playing Clint Eastwood clone, white, blue-eyed Roland Deschain from "Dark Tower" series. ;)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Shandalar Logic: A powerful mage has three daughters. You break into and burgle their house for some skyship components.

Later you meet the proud father.

If you didn't kill his daughters but only burgled their home, he'll politely ask you to retrieve a cloak from a distant island.

If you killed his daughters, he'll not ask politely - but just send you to the island to do his bidding!

In both cases he will not seek further retribution for burglary, or for murdering his offspring!
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Zaghoul I have a feeling Elba might be the next Bond. As long as they explain that by using the fabled "James Bond is a codename" theory I will be okay with it. Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor however makes perfect sense as Time Lords can change pretty much anything about themselves when they regenerate. I'd much rather see Elba as The Doctor than Bond though. However in both cases I think he's too busy playing Heimdall.

@Montresor_SP Yes and the same goes for the guy in Larswood.

Irenicus Logic:
    CHARNAME survives getting his soul taken and goes all the way through one of the most insanity-inducing dungeons in Forgotten Realms history in an attempt to kill me. I barely managed to escape, and yet I'm surprised when he manages to face me again at the Tree of Life.
    @OlvynChuru
    Yeah the only NPC in Baldur's Gate I can think of who doesn't start at full health is Branwen because having been recently petrified she starts off with only 1 of her (when I recruited her 17) hit points.

Only Humans can be Paladins because reasons.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

@OlvynChuru
    Yeah the only NPC in Baldur's Gate I can think of who doesn't start at full health is Branwen because having been recently petrified she starts off with only 1 of her (when I recruited her 17) hit points.

The other non-vanilIa that also starts low is Verr'Sza, suffering from the same predicament as Branwen. I suppose being petrified does wear on the body/mind (at least according to Branwen in NPC project) after a while. ;)

Same with monks. I reckon it's 'old school' that traveled from 1st to 2nd edition AD&D, where humans were dominant in game terms. as far as classes go.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited July 2017
    Only Gorion's Ward's party advance in levels, all other creatures in Faerûn during the years 1368-1369 are just too lazy to learn to grow.
    Even that, XP gained are evenly spreaded among them, which means new member Korgan who joins the party during the bar fight immediately gains his share once Hendak killed Lehtinan even if he doesn't know what's going on while Nalia, Anomen who also witness the fight refuse to learn if they're not under the Ward's leadership. And somebody who's busy collecting enemy spoils during battle learns as much as the front line warriors.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@OlvynChuru

Don't forget Yoshimo. He hits himself with a special snare to sell his, "I was just attacked" story.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Artona said:

Nobody in Iron Throne thought about poisoning Bhaalspawn until they reached Baldur's Gate. Nobody even tried to murder them in their sleep in the tavern. Nobody pretended to be companion just to backstab Charname (with proper multiplier, of course).
    C'mon, Iron Throne. You can do better.

That's usually great for the party dynamic, although I usually prefer if you have a way to influence the outcome.

NwN2 doesn't have the best example of it though, then again the nwn 2 campaign feels like it suffers from cut content all over the place with many of the npcs.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @batoor - I agree both on party dynamic and NwN2 part. I remember that game being so buggy and messy to play.

Irenicus logic: let's just *hope* Charname will want to save Imoen. It's not like he can just sail to Maztica, right?
    Right?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Irenicus steals Imoen's soul and gives it to his sister until Charname arrives, instead of taking Imoen's soul for himself and making his sister wait instead. Because infusing himself with a girl's soul would give him cooties.

Well, maybe he's worried she'd turn him gay? He's kinda neutered himself.
    @DreadKhan
    Well we saw from Sarevok getting a bit of Imoen's Soul that it made him like pink stuff and what not. I doubt Imoen's Soul would make him gay but it would certainly make him a bit more effeminate.

He'd still totally be evil though, Neutral Evil people don't just change.
    Sarevok afaik didn't get neutered by his queen, ie remember him trying unsuccessfully to rekindle his passions? He's been punished pretty harshly, hence his vindictiveness I suppose.

It could be non-sexual, being just about gender, since neuter = genderless.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,371

Irenicus steals Imoen's soul and gives it to his sister until Charname arrives, instead of taking Imoen's soul for himself and making his sister wait instead. Because infusing himself with a girl's soul would give him cooties.

Maybe he was just afraid it would make him talk about his feelings. It might have made him reveal his evil plan too early...
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Are you a Bhaalspawn? Try to rest and see if you can get abilities through dreams.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,537
    edited July 2017
    I always get the ability to sleep more.

I think Irenicus just wanted the stronger essence.
    edited July 2017
    Please join me on my new board discussing the journey of Zork Winters-Dwarven Defender through the EET.

Of course this board will continue to stay alive for two reasons
    1. To eventually showcase @DJKajuru and his artwork of Zaram and Co.
    2. Because it's awesome and it really brightens up my day.
    Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    batoor said:

Roger setting up shop in a sewer of all places...I'm sure business must be booming.

I see what you did there. B)
    tbone1 said:

Keeping around a rabbit foot gives you some of the best bonuses of any item in the game, yet for some reason Alora is the only person who has thought to use one. Did you know that if Alora had multiple rabbit feet equipped, the effects would stack? So why doesn't everyone go on rabbit killing sprees for all the feet? I'm surprised rabbits haven't gone extinct in the Forgotten Realms.

Rabbits do not give up their feet easily. See the excellent documentary "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" for an example of this.

Many a TPK can be blamed on attempted rabbit slaying. Or were those dragons with feet like rabbits? A totally wise and reputable magic user told- erm, muttered at me all about them!