Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    That's odd; I see a +2 two-handed sword for him in Near Infinity, though that might be SCS or some other mod. What's the item code for the sword he uses?
    elminster said:

It will hit people who are immune to normal weapons (since it is still considered to be a magical weapon) but won't work on anyone immune to +1 (or greater) weapons.

I'm not sure this is possible.

If a weapon is flagged as magical and has 5 for its enchantment value, it will be able to hit anything without PFMW.

If a weapon is flagged as magical and has 0 for its enchantment value, it will strike as if it was a +1 weapon.

If a weapon is flagged as nonmagical, then it should strike as a normal weapon no matter what its enchantment value is set to.

I've seen all three of these things confirmed in-game. Does this sword have a value of 5 for its enchantment value, or does it just get +5 to hit and damage? Does it have the check mark next to the "Magical" flag in Near Infinity?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2017
    SW2H05

Its marked in Near Infinity as magical but has 0 for its enchantment. It gets a +5 damage and -5 Thac0 bonus (as well as a -5 speed factor).

So like I said. Normal weapon immunity won't work against it but having +1 immunity (or potentially better) will.

Edit: and so it's clear I'm not really referring to scenarios where someone has a +2 immunity item on that doesn't also grant immunity to +1 weapons. I'm more referring to the fact that you could have say a creature like a lesser elemental fighting him (that has immunity to normal and +1 weapons) and he wouldn't be able to damage it).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    elminster said:

SW2H05

Its marked in Near Infinity as magical but has 0 for its enchantment. It gets a +5 damage and -5 Thac0 bonus (as well as a -5 speed factor).

So like I said. Normal weapon immunity won't work against it but having +1 immunity (or potentially better) will.

Darn it, I was at first thinking of CD Tweaks 'Shapeshifter Rebalancing', but that's only for normal weapon immunity.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    So totemic summons of level 10 and above are very good against him?
    elminster said:

SW2H05

Edit: and so it's clear I'm not really referring to scenarios where someone has a +2 immunity item on that doesn't also grant immunity to +1 weapons. I'm more referring to the fact that you could have say a creature like a lesser elemental fighting him (that has immunity to normal and +1 weapons) and he wouldn't be able to damage it).

Confirmed, after a lot of fiddling with the game. When I give Sarevok the correct weapon, SW2H05, which has an enchantment of 0 and is flagged as nonmagical, and attack an elemental with the IMMUNE2 item, which grants immunity to nonmagical weapons and +1 weapons, Sarevok cannot hit it.

But when I have him attack a Vampiric Wolf, which is only immune to nonmagical weapons but not +1 weapons, he can hit it.

Same results when I try attacking an unmodified Vampiric Wolf and the elemental using Arrows of Biting, which also are flagged as magical but have 0 enchantment value.

Items with a 0 enchantment but which are flagged as nonmagical will strike as if they were +1 weapons, not +0, and will bypass immunity to normal weapons, but not immunity to any grade of magical weapons. Thus, a critter with the IMMUNE2 item will be immune to Sarevok's attacks in the unmodded game.

The only such creatures you can summon are elementals, whether from the level 5 and 6 mage elemental summoning spells or the level 6 and 7 druid elemental summoning spells (but not the cleric's level 6 Aerial Servant spell). This would require removing the XP cap, unless the Enhanced Edition includes a level 5 mage lesser elemental summoning scroll.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    lroumen said:

So totemic summons of level 10 and above are very good against him?

As far as I know they are just immune to normal weapons. So that wouldn't be enough against him.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    This is too confusing to be honest.
    @Iroumen: In a word, all this means is that the following critters are immune to Sarevok's sword in the unmodded game:

(Lesser) Fire Elementals
    (Lesser) Earth Elementals
    (Lesser) Air Elementals

which can come from either a wizard or a druid. But if you don't remove the XP cap, you'll never be able to cast any of these, except for the lesser versions, which are level 5 mage spells. But I don't think those scrolls are in the unmodded game.

Or, to put it another way, Sarevok's sword is magical and has an enchantment of +0, but magical +0 weapons are exactly the same as +1 weapons.

To shorten it even further: Sarevok uses a +1 sword.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Did you know that that sword that Sarevok uses is the same sword that the Demonknight uses?

There actually is a sword called the Sword of Chaos in the game's files. It has been there since before the enchanced editions. Sarevok doesn't use it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "The Tyrannohamsterus Rex"

That would be MY animal companion.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    This young lady, whom I encountered on the first level of Spellhold, identified as a "Harlot". I guess the new co-ordinator, mr. J. Irenicus, didn't want to waste enchantment spells on Imoen.

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858

I mean, in what other game is there a volcano that doesn't erupt?

Final Fantasy I

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    The sling of Everard +5 doesnt need bullets. But if you load bullets into the sling both damage and attack rolls improve (at least in version 1.3).

Normal bullets only has a increase in damage output (+1). But the bullets +4 adds +5 to damage and decreases Thaco by 4. Dont know if its a bug (or it has been fixed in a update), but +5 damage works really well in a GWW imo.