Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Did you know?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 3,035
    Dwarves have got to be the most epic race in D&D. The only reason they haven't conquered the world is that darn hubris.
    StummvonBordwehrGrumAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,448
    edited August 29

By the way, did you know that Hurgan Stoneblade has some really good stats? Here are his stats:

Strength: 18
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 19
    Intelligence: 14
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 14

That's a stat total of 97. He has a higher stat total than Sarevok.

He's clearly a fighter (even though mechanically his class is "innocent")...but he has exactly 18 strength. Interesting.
    Montresor_SPWise_GrimwaldGrumJuliusBorisov
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 700

The fighter class is the only one with /xx scores on character creation. If you were to make "Innocent" available as a character class, 18 STR flat would indeed be the maximum.

Does that mean they can't roll "normal" 18? I never noticed that, to be honest.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 6,418
    The Flaming Fist class is also treated as Innocent.
    Artona said:

The fighter class is the only one with /xx scores on character creation. If you were to make "Innocent" available as a character class, 18 STR flat would indeed be the maximum.

Does that mean they can't roll "normal" 18? I never noticed that, to be honest.
    Nope. A fighter can never hit a flat 18; only an 18/xx. Only way to get a fighter to flat 18 is to start with 17 and use a stat tome to go to 18, start with 19 and choose to lose 1 point of Strength in BG2, or combine both methods, starting at 18/xx, going to 19, and then going back down to 18.
    StummvonBordwehrGrum
    Thanks for clarification, @semiticgod. I'm kinda embarrased, given number of fighters I've rolled... :D
    ShikaoWise_Grimwald
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,175
    My attempts at rescuing the servants usually involve save scumming with Chromatic Orb and hoping I'm quick enough.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldGrumJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 993
    edited September 4
    Did you know that if you have the ring and amulet before being given Ordulinian's quest, he won't recognise that you have them in your possession, but if you go outside and return to him, he will. 3000exp. :) You can of course kill Arkion and Nemphre for the experience with no loss of reputation, but my current character wouldn't do that. o:)
    Balrog99Montresor_SPAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,448
    edited September 4
    To continue my random spamming of this thread :)

I just checked and it also looks like there are no cleric/rangers in the BG series. Also the only sorcerers in BG2EE are ones introduced in the EE content.
    ShikaoAerakarJuliusBorisov
    elminster said:

Ashatiel (of SoD) is the only Fighter/Mage/Cleric in the entire BG series.

Cotirso is (...) the only Fighter/Mage/Thief in the BG series.

If any modder needed an idea for next NPC... ;)

AerakarelminsterJuliusBorisov
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,175
    elminster said:

Cotirso (of the cleric stronghold quests of BG2) is actually a fighter/mage/thief. This is a bit strange since he was expected to be promoted to a position in the church before you.

He's also the only Fighter/Mage/Thief in the BG series.

It was obvious to me that he had fighter levels given his APR, but I wouldn't have suspected that.
    elminsterWise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 993
    dustbubsy said:

Ankhegs can attack you even from within a building. Try luring the one on the Baldur's Gate bridge map to Tenya's home for some Sword Coast nightmare fuel.

They have attacked me inside buildings many a time, and if you try to sleep inside the nest you are highly likely to be awoken to the sound of chittering.
    Balrog99mlneveseAerakartypo_tilly
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 183
    Artona said:

In polish version of Baldur's Gate, actor who voiced Sarevok also voiced Mufasa from "Lion King". Ironic, considering that both of them are brothers killed by brothers in struggle of power.
    And veeery confusing, when you're watching "Lion King" with younger cousins. ;)

Oh, to hear Sarevok talk about respect for every living creature... "That hairball is my brother and your future god of murder!"
    Montresor_SPWise_GrimwaldArtonatypo_tilly