Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Did you know?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 1,235
    AFAIK, 19 STR is not enough to open the cabinet with the Star Sapphire.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 3,423
    I think the Star Sapphire can be gotten with any thief. It requires a lockpick skill of 59.
    JuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 467
    The only warrior kit that can get the Star Sapphire at level 1 is Barbarian, by using rage. None else can get enough strength.

This means that aside from Barbarians and thieves specializing in picking locks, no other classes can legally get the Star Sapphire at level 1 (Knock and DUHM are both level 2 spells, and I don't know that non-CHARNAME druids/shamans ever get a way to increase strength past 19)
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 1,235
    With a high Charisma you can get even more money by convincing the nobles couple at the first floor to lock up their jewelry before going for the star sapphire.

This plus the diamond close to Xzar/Montaron can make your life way easier at the earlier game.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellAerakarWise_Grimwald
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,213
    elminster said:

I've brought this up before on the forum but I think in different threads than this one.

Did you know Greater Basilisk have a melee attack that can poison? The poison does 1 damage/second for 10 seconds (save at +4 to avoid).

Yeah, that's happened to me before. Thankfully, they're easy to kite.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 4,403
    Tresset said:

Grum said:

I don't know if 2.0 fixes this...

2.0 reduces the range of the bard song to about a fireball sized area around the bard. Very tiny and it often makes it quite difficult for the song to affect people. However I made a mod that gives the bard song about a True Seeing sized AoE. Works much better. Check it out here.
    Thank you! I complained to the high heavens about the nerfed bard song when it was implemented, and nobody even knew what I was talking about. I had people going into Near Infinity, insisting that nothing had changed, and basically telling me I was crazy.

It's so very nice to finally be vindicated on this issue.
    VallmyrWise_GrimwaldlolienPermidion_Stark
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 6,311
    @BelgarathMTH Wut? Really? Who the heck were you asking?! It should be obvious to any modder worth their salt that the bard songs were changed drastically in 2.0. I would say that the people who called you crazy are the real crazy ones.
    BelgarathMTHWise_Grimwald
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 7,013
    @BelgarathMTH @Tresset: I think that guy was me. I couldn't replicate the problem in my own tests.
    TressetmlneveseWise_Grimwald
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 6,311
    @semiticgod oh... I put my foot in my mouth again, didn't I? Sorry...
    semiticgodmlneveseWise_Grimwald
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 467
    and here I kept thinking that encounter that I could never consistently get was because of a mod
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    In EET, you can re-visit most BG1 eras (excluding Baldur's Gate and Candlekeep) even after entering Shadows of Amn. This means you can have BG1 items in BG2 as long as you don't collect them during BG1.
    ArctodusStummvonBordwehrCheckmateSandersonPermidion_Stark
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 593
    edited September 15

In EET, you can re-visit most BG1 eras (excluding Baldur's Gate and Candlekeep) even after entering Shadows of Amn. This means you can have BG1 items in BG2 as long as you don't collect them during BG1.

Would stocking them in a container work ?
    Post edited by Arctodus on
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,686

I wonder if some modder will release high quality mod that will take place in BG1 locations after the death of Sarevok or even after SoD events. That would be epic.
    StummvonBordwehrsemiticgodAerakarWise_Grimwald
    @Arctodus: Should work. I've noticed that petrified critters in Mutamin's garden are still there when I go back, so the areas should all be static. All the game files are in the same location.
    StummvonBordwehrArctodusCheckmateSandersonWise_Grimwald
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member Posts: 174
    edited September 16
    Semiticgod wrote:
    "In EE, it should not be possible to save during Slayer Change. However, you can force the game to save by using a party-required area transition to force an auto-save. This allows you to drink potentially dozens of potions before Slayer Change hits you with the 1500 magic damage that normally kills the main character.

This requires 20 or more Potions of Power even if you're using the Wand of Lightning trick to multiply the effects, however, and you can't find or purchase that many Potions of Power normally."

I believe both mrs Cragmoom and Adratha both have 10 each to buy. But thet dont come cheap.

Ps: sorry about the quation being messes up and all. Something went wrong... obviously
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    semiticgodMontresor_SPWise_Grimwaldlolien