Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Hold on, you used to get a pretty sweet helmet of role-playing intent. Is that still there in the EEs?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Yup. I get a good deal of use out of that. ;)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Artona said:

I think that @Wise_Grimwald is right on this one. Game is surprisingly fair with Kangaxx: okay, Skull Boi should be unbeatable, but if you do manage to get him, you'll get nice ring.
    But with Demonknight - not so much.

With the Demonknight I used to use PfM scroll to stop him teleporting away. The rewards were quite good, helm of opposite alignment, some gauntlets and some plate armour if I remember correctly.

Then the way that the scroll worked was changed so that you couldn't use it upon enemies. :(
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    In vanilla it was only the helmet though and you could only get it by casting otiluke's resilient sphere, unequip weapons and punch him unconscious, then wait for the sphere to finish up and stab him to death.
    Oh the fun times in metagaming.....
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Lawd, what an operation that used to be. :* Glad it changed. I have found NPC's brought into SoD with the helmet, if killed, oftentimes remain changed, when raised.
    lroumen said:

In vanilla it was only the helmet though and you could only get it by casting otiluke's resilient sphere, unequip weapons and punch him unconscious, then wait for the sphere to finish up and stab him to death.
    Oh the fun times in metagaming.....

It was a long time before I learned how to do that, but PfM also used to work in the same way. I took great delight in killing the unkillable. :D
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Erinne said:

Davaeorn can cast Dimension Door while silenced.

Since it's an instant cast I always figured he used a contingency scroll to pull that off.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Balrog99 said:

Erinne said:

Davaeorn can cast Dimension Door while silenced.

Since it's an instant cast I always figured he used a contingency scroll to pull that off.
    Uh, no. Contingency can only target the caster.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Well, then it must be a potion.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2017
    He uses a ForceSpellPoint in his script for casting it. So it doesn't surprise me that silence wouldn't work on it. Interrupts generally won't.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Did you know that the Save vs. Spell penalty given by a level 8 archer's Called shot ignores magic resistance? It can be used to lower the saving throws of creatures that are meant to be invincible.

Also, did you know that the instant death effect from a level 12 Chromatic Orb also ignores magic resistance? It also uses Save vs. Spell.

You can cast Chromatic Orb at level 12 in BG1 if the caster is a level 7-9 wild mage and their caster level is increased by enough to get them to level 12.

Or using mine Undead Slayer special ability Soul Sacrifice :)
    The mod-introduced Teleport spell can let you teleport from almost any location, even in the middle of combat. It should be possible to complete the SCS Siege of Ust Natha with a normal party if you teleport away whenever you need to rest.
    What a poorly-constructed encounter. That fight was just as dumb as mine.

To simplify a complicated story, I charmed Drusilia (only possible because my main character was a Seducer) and sent her off to die against the three liches to the far south, which she didn't. When Anastasia came after me, I had to flee northwest, into two Balors, a gang of Umber Hulks and Noble Umber Hulks, and two epic-level mages.

I barely made it out alive (my party was largely unbuffed, as I didn't realize sending Drusilia after the liches turned the party hostile), came back after dodging Bodhi's ambush, and lured Anastasia into the kobold room, where I feebleminded her. I walked right past Breudayael while invisible to finish off Drusilia, Thordek, and the three liches by the library, and when some summoned Cornugons sent one of my characters running north, I used a summoned critter to distract Breudayael until I could kill the liches, the umber hulks, and the two epic-level mages.

For some reason I wasn't allowed to rest a second time, even when I returned to the previous area, so Symbol, Stun spells weren't an option. And for some reason, Potions of Fire Breath had no effect on him, so instead, I just let Breudayael attack my tank while I fired Arrows of Detonation.

Probably would have been easier if I had just killed the three liches and eight umber hulks and four Noble Umber Hulks and two epic-level mages before I tackled Breudayael. Instead of fighting them nearly simultaneously.
    @elminster The full range of reputations makes for a wide range of responses, all of which are quite interesting. It is worthwhile playing the game with differing reps just to discover how his responses change.