Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077

The fighter class is the only one with /xx scores on character creation. If you were to make "Innocent" available as a character class, 18 STR flat would indeed be the maximum.

Does that mean they can't roll "normal" 18? I never noticed that, to be honest.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The Flaming Fist class is also treated as Innocent.
    Artona said:

The fighter class is the only one with /xx scores on character creation. If you were to make "Innocent" available as a character class, 18 STR flat would indeed be the maximum.

Does that mean they can't roll "normal" 18? I never noticed that, to be honest.
    Nope. A fighter can never hit a flat 18; only an 18/xx. Only way to get a fighter to flat 18 is to start with 17 and use a stat tome to go to 18, start with 19 and choose to lose 1 point of Strength in BG2, or combine both methods, starting at 18/xx, going to 19, and then going back down to 18.
    StummvonBordwehrGrumlolienProont
    Thanks for clarification, @semiticgod. I'm kinda embarrased, given number of fighters I've rolled... :D
    ShikaoWise_GrimwaldPermidion_Stark
    elminster said:

Ashatiel (of SoD) is the only Fighter/Mage/Cleric in the entire BG series.

Cotirso is (...) the only Fighter/Mage/Thief in the BG series.

If any modder needed an idea for next NPC... ;)

AerakarelminsterJuliusBorisovProont
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    elminster said:

Cotirso (of the cleric stronghold quests of BG2) is actually a fighter/mage/thief. This is a bit strange since he was expected to be promoted to a position in the church before you.

He's also the only Fighter/Mage/Thief in the BG series.

It was obvious to me that he had fighter levels given his APR, but I wouldn't have suspected that.
    elminsterWise_GrimwaldProont