Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Makes sense to me. I know I have come up or found names for my own PC and have had to write it down in order to be able to refer to it, or use it in the future. I wonder what the editor went through with these games?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hey @ZaramMaldovar !
    I'm really sorry for the delay. I did promise to do some illustration including party interaction and they're on their way. Here's the initial part, I hope you can identify all the party members AND the dungeon they're at. As soon as I finish I shall scan it properly so you can have it in hq.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @DJKajuru
    I'm afraid I can't quite make it out. I recognize Zaram and what I assume is Dorn in the corner, but unsure about the rest of the party and where they are. It is exceptionally well drawn though, it just seems a little blurry
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    From left to right:

Dorn, Jaheira (?), Imoen, Zaram, Neera and Khalid (?).

@DJKajuru
    I'm afraid I can't quite make it out. I recognize Zaram and what I assume is Dorn in the corner, but unsure about the rest of the party and where they are. It is exceptionally well drawn though, it just seems a little blurry

I shall ink and scan it properly for a better view!
    Raduziel said:

From left to right:

Dorn, Jaheira (?), Imoen, Zaram, Neera and Khalid (?).

Got it!
    @DJKajuru
    Sounds great. I really appreciate the time you've taken away from whatever you normally do to help me out.

Speaking of which, I just applied for my first job so wish me luck.

@DJKajuru
    Sounds great. I really appreciate the time you've taken away from whatever you normally do to help me out.

Speaking of which, I just applied for my first job so wish me luck.

Break a leg, Zaram!
    (Oh, still not finished, but this was my first party interaction concept, it's a bit late here in my country so I'll scan it tomorrow)

@DJKajuru
    Looks way better this time. Still unsure as to what dungeon that is supposed to be, but I've been a little rusty on my dungeoneering lately.
    Alright everyone, I have a dilemma.

I've grown bored with my CG Dwarven Defender run, mainly due to wishing to do a Full Trilogy run as either Zaram or a LE Blackguard. I don't know which to choose and I feel (almost) bad about not finishing my run with Zork.

What to do?
    @DragonOfShades
    On higher difficulties, confusion can cause you to randomly kill anyone on the screen whether it be enemies, party members or bystanders (I'd say innocents, but that might not necessarily be true), perhaps they should have extended that to deadly AOE spells at least.

Fireball on the other hand will kill anyone and anything on any difficulty, so there's that.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I'm no Neb, but I've depopulated Beregost before. Killing several bands of Fist scum out to bring me down was gravy!

Mwuahahaha!
    @DreadKhan
    All of Beregost? Impressive.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    edited August 2017

@DreadKhan
    All of Beregost? Impressive.

I was curious what an evil fighter to assassin dual could do solo, and those those Fist parties are pretty nasty if you trigger a few.

@Iroumen yeah, but the XP cap is already low for a solo.

Tldr Naskel massacres are for newbs! ;)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    In the land of Tethyr, the citizens seem to have little to do except enchant weapons (and armor). Shopkeepers such as a bartender in Saradush or a traveling salesman in a forest glade just happen to carry around a complete selection of +1, +2 and +3 weapons. If you require +4 or better, many of your enemies will drop them when killed.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Tamoko fires off a Flame Arrow at Level 1 Sorceror Charname.

Sarevok: "Sweetheart, O Bloody-Minded Bitch Goddess....
    We were TRYING to KIDNAP the snivelly noob Baalspawn!!! So NOT for Barbie-Q!!

Tamoko: "Ooopsie, my Baaaaad..."
    @Eadwyn_G8keeper
    That is perfect.

So in unrelated to Baldur's Gate news I just got my first haircut in ages today, probably took off a couple pounds and it's like looking at a stranger in the mirror.

In Baldur's Gate logic, how about the random Poultry Store with the rabid chickens?
    The restartitus is real guys, any help?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @ZaramMaldovar: Look back at your previous playthroughs, find the ones you completed, and figure out why those held your interest longer than the others.

For me, the playthroughs I've completed all had one thing in common: they revolved around a new strategy or trick that I did not much understand and wanted to experiment with.
    @semiticgod
    Thanks.

To be fair, Saemon was put on the spot by both Charname and the Githyanki, I can understand how a normally smart man can make stupid decisions under that pressure.
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    Well, his INT and WIS are both 9...
    @DragonOfShades
    It's a good point, that's just low enough to make some terrible decisions but not low enough to be debilitating since 10-11 is average.
    @Montresor_SP
    Also he expects to be able to walk from Northern Arm to Waterdeep in a Tenday apparently.