Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    @Grond0 Hard luck.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Pokota said:

12:18 SCIENCE!

Hahahhaha...... :)
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Wow Grond0. I avoid these goons even on Core difficulty....
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited October 2017
    @Arctodus Congrats on finishing BG1 :)
    @Grond0 Hard luck on your run finishing when it had barely started.
    Grond0Arctodus
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    love the Tobrecan image Wise... is that your photo background?
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    ussnorway said:

love the Tobrecan image Wise... is that your photo background?

It is. From the Himalayas. The background for Ricehard was taken from near the same spot too.
    ussnorwayJuliusBorisovlolien
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Stormvessel Done.
    StormvesselJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341

Whatever advice is helpful

Friends = money + summon familiar = hit points but the wand of frost (tree stump, top left mines map) = easly level up against the battle horrors guarding Durlag

StormvesselJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwaldsemiticgoddess
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited October 2017
    Tresset said:
    Thank you.
    ussnorway said:

Whatever advice is helpful

Friends = money + summon familiar = hit points but the wand of frost (tree stump, top left mines map) = easly level up against the battle horrors guarding Durlag

Thanks. That's not a bad idea. There's also those lizards that turn you to stone where Sharteel is. I could use a resist pet scroll and level there, too. I have to wait until Nashkel to get Find Familiar (it's looted off of some assassin) because I'm a sorc and can't waste a spell slot on a use once spell. I'm probably going to take your advice and go after that wand.
    Grond0 said:

Welcome @Stormvessel and have fun. You asked about starting advice for this character. I would suggest the following would make things easy to begin with:
    - travel by day (to avoid the risk of archer ambushes) to the coast to find Shoal.
    - shoot her down without letting her get close enough to talk (or kiss :D). Hey presto you've got to level 3.
    - use sleep to take down the ogre clan nearby.
    - a few more tasks around Beregost and you'll be up to level 4. If you choose invisibility you then have the option of safe travel / resting from then onwards.

Awesome. Oh yea - that judas kiss...I don't know why the game developers would do that it's not fair in the least...I hope I can keep her away...I also thought about cheesing Drizzt but using an exploit kinda defeats the purpose. I'm still going fireball-the-fog crazy, though, because it's not my character's fault his enemies are stupid. ;)

Lastly, I forgot to mention another reason I chose Sorc is so that I don't lose out trying to learn spells. But I may have a mage in my party and am curious about the -15%. Is it applied before or after INT bonus? The reason I ask is because if I quaff a pot and get INT to 21, that should be like 97%. I'm not sure how that works. So it becomes 82%. I am starting to wonder if it's even worth it to get a mage if I'm going to have to chase down genius pots and worry about losing scrolls.

Oh, one more thing, I'm not going to be able to pickpocket back stuff I sell so money is going to be tight. Is there any way to farm unlimited money in this game?

JuliusBorisovlolien