Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Hmm. @Grond0 looks like if nymphs go extinct in your game world, you might have some trouble.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0JuliusBorisovArctodus
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @Corey_Russell they're certainly powerful at this stage, but standard animals leading enemies onto spirit summons would offer a decent alternative - and in the future fire elementals await :).

Shamans are also pretty powerful as ranged magical attackers if you don't want to rely on summons. I've used Writhing Fog a certain amount in this run, but could have done so a lot more. Spirit Fire is also a decent fireball replacement and would no doubt have seen far more action if nymphs weren't crowding it out ...
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Nice work as usual. Talking your way off Balduran's Isle is from SCS.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Then... then who's the other baby in my inventory?

Because I turned in Peladan, and I've still got another one!
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited October 2017

@StummvonBordwehr
    If you want more HP, you could have transferred some of your intelligence points into constitution. Or were you thinking "mindflayers" ?
    >

@Wise_Grimwald I will skip the mindflayers... but in general I like my charnames with a high Intelligence - charisma is my preffered dumb stat. I loathe the idea of a sub 90 stat charname without max HP...

I tried min-maxing my Character. The 15 con, will be boosted by the con tome to 16 (I am skipping the maze in wk due to ineptitude). Because my dual is at level 11, I dont think I will benefit further by a higher con? If I wrong I will execute Cleric F95 right away..

Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    Wise_Grimwald
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    It probably won't make too big of a difference, but there's a Good trial in Hell end of BG2 that involves losing a point of CON. Not the biggest deal to lose 10 HP then since DUHM, that girdle at the end of the Unseeing eye quest and potions of fortitude should max out your health anyhow.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Neverused said:

It probably won't make too big of a difference, but there's a Good trial in Hell end of BG2 that involves losing a point of CON. Not the biggest deal to lose 10 HP then since DUHM, that girdle at the end of the Unseeing eye quest and potions of fortitude should max out your health anyhow.

@Neverused isnt that a point of dex you loose? And I then saw my mistake. The 17 dex was maxed - only if I use machine of Lum the mad - damn. Oh well If Cleric F95 makes it there he has earned it... but he is dead man walking until then.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldBlackravenlolien
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Huh. I seem to be failing my game mechanics memory quite a bit recently. A DEX point is completely correct.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald

I tried min-maxing my Character. The 15 con, will be boosted by the con tome to 16 (I am skipping the maze in wk due to ineptitude). Because my dual is at level 11, I dont think I will benefit further by a higher con? If I wrong I will execute Cleric F95 right away.

You're right @StummvonBordwehr. If you dual from a fighter to a cleric you keep previous con bonuses for 16+, but the other way round you miss out on them.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald

Scratch that... it seems that the baby in the Bag of Holding is indeed Peladan.
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0JuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald

Scratch that... it seems that the baby in the Bag of Holding is indeed Peladan.
    It's possible you did still complete that quest. I've come across a number of examples where quest items are not removed when a quest is finished if they're in bags. I have to regularly clear my bag of holding of the items used to get out of the first level of Spellhold for instance, but I've seen this behavior elsewhere as well.
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovArctodus
    Jesus Christ, @Grond0. How do you keep going? Is it just sheer iron will?
    Grond0AerakarJuliusBorisovArctodus