Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Charname should just have used the Calahan route off the rocks
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Imoen is also a fairly decent thief, far beyond a simple catburgular. Barring teleportation she could escaped Spellhold in the ensuing chaos (after the party cleared out the maze that is), snuck onto a boat in Brynnlaw and made her way back to Athkatla.

Alternatively, Imoen doesn't seem like the type who would be above using her charms (both magically and otherwise) to be able to get on a boat and escape to Athkatla.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    After Spellhold, there's not much charm left in Imoen. A friends spell can get you far though.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426

Imoen is also a fairly decent thief, far beyond a simple catburgular. Barring teleportation she could escaped Spellhold in the ensuing chaos (after the party cleared out the maze that is), snuck onto a boat in Brynnlaw and made her way back to Athkatla.

Alternatively, Imoen doesn't seem like the type who would be above using her charms (both magically and otherwise) to be able to get on a boat and escape to Athkatla.

Well, we never do learn who is Imoen's mother. Maybe she was the owner of a bordello and Immy took after her mother some kinky bondage inclinations.

Or maybe the cowled wizards are just gay (no woman among them anyway).

@Redrake

"I do believe I'll have to practice some enchantment spells on that one"- Chapter 3 guard

So no, not all the Cowled Wizards are gay (or well, most likely asexual)

He never said what kind of enchantment spells he meant. He might've meant Feeblemind, in which case her only value might've been to be sold to the bordello.

@Redrake
    It's more the way he said it, especially considering it was right after "She's a cute one isn't she?" by another guard.

Indeed. A cute one... The perfect recipient of Feeblemind spell and then she gets a nice price at the bordello.

If she was not cute, he might've been tempted in trying some Transmutation spells. Or even Illusion. They both have the same opposite schools.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    What fun is a feebleminded person? It's no different from a blow-up doll.

Charm Person would be much better.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

The duration isn't as long for charm person. I also believe the charmed individual retains their memories when it wears off. That could be, well, 'inconvenient'...
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Balrog99 said:

The duration isn't as long for charm person.
    That's not really a problem.

I'm, uh, not talking from personal experience or anything. I heard it from a friend.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Balrog99 said:

The duration isn't as long for charm person. I also believe the charmed individual retains their memories when it wears off. That could be, well, 'inconvenient'...
    In 3E it lasts an hour per level. And Domination lasts a day per level!
    Dev6 said:

Balrog99 said:

The duration isn't as long for charm person.
    That's not really a problem.

I'm, uh, not talking from personal experience or anything. I heard it from a friend.
    Btw. I think that friend of yours might have cast Friends beforehand.

And indeed feeblemind turns a person into a loyal absent-minded servant. And that spell last for a very long time.

A dreadmaster of Bane casting feeblemind in IWD2 is terrible to behold. I once used it on Yachtu Xvim avatar. The consequences were funny indeed.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Grum
    I'll allow it

Also I just realized we reached page 20! Awesome, thanks guys.

2nd edition logic: A mage with Stoneskin can take 5 critical hits from a dragon without flinching, but can't take 6 hits from a kobold without bleeding.

He or she deserves to bleed if they are high enough level to cast stoneskin yet get hit six times by a kobold!
    Well that's a shaman. You mentioned 'kobold' so I just figured it was the run-of-the-mill type.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    AI script logic: party member gets dire charmed - might as well attack and kill the defector instead of waiting for the charm to wear off

You actually want to cast rigid thinking. That way she would believe the size of your package.
    But let's not mention barkskin.

Sorry, I'll let myself out.
    Pantalion said:

Drow Logic: Yo! Protector whose good name I depend upon to get me out of trouble! Your name is too good, I'm leaving!
    "..."

What is this one referring to?