Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Did you know that liches are so powerful that sometimes their script lets them target you with area spells , which means that no matter how far you run the spell will hunt you forever.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Nope. That's how all enemy spells work!

It's an engine limitation. Enemies can't target points on the ground, so all of their area-effect spells are actually directed at specific targets and will follow targets who move. The player, however, can never target a specific critters with an area-effect spell (unless the projectile and spell are coded correctly, like with Hold Person), so Fireballs and Horrid Wilting will never follow the target if cast by the player.
    lolienWise_Grimwaldthar_thaazdhenProont
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

Dead characters still receive quest XP.

I didn't know that. What about XP from killing enemies? I assume not.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovProont
    JuliusBorisov
    @markzaku: Which game are these things from? What are their item codes? Blood Rage is only present in IWD, and the sheer number of bonuses, and the unorthodox nature of those bonuses, seem more like mod items than vanilla or EE items.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • markzakumarkzaku Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2017

@markzaku: Which game are these things from? What are their item codes? Blood Rage is only present in IWD, and the sheer number of bonuses, and the unorthodox nature of those bonuses, seem more like mod items than vanilla or EE items.

The items I listed are in BG:EE/SoD by default; they're not added by mods.

Viper's Edge: SW1P01.itm

Tarloc's Contingency: SHLD08P.itm

Sartessa's Vengeance: SHLD07P.itm

Narbucchad's Demise: PSTAFM1.itm
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldlolienProont
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Siege of Dragonspear. Tarloc's Contingency is SHLD08P, for example.
    Wise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I loved watching Jeeves and Wooster on TV. :)
    So much better than the attempts at comedy that we get nowadays. :(
    Montresor_SPtbone1Isewein
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    There are way too many NPCs in Baldur's Gate 1 that arbitrarily have 100% MR. What, do they not trust the reputation system to keep the player from killing random NPCs?
    AerakarWise_GrimwaldProont
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

There are way too many NPCs in Baldur's Gate 1 that arbitrarily have 100% MR. What, do they not trust the reputation system to keep the player from killing random NPCs?

HA
    AerakarWise_GrimwaldProont
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Did you know that by the highly scientific method of "roughly comparing the height of a PC with it and assuming the PC is 5' tall" the dead wyvern in Cloakwood's Wyvern's lair is over sixty feet long and too large to actually leave the cave? Not to mention it's been impaled by spears twice as tall as the player.

Since Wyverns are supposed to be 35' long, the map would have been sensible if it was about half as big as it was.

Still not as silly as the mega dragon in Durlag's Tower though.
    Dev6Montresor_SPGrumProont
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Pantalion said:

Did you know that by the highly scientific method of "roughly comparing the height of a PC with it and assuming the PC is 5' tall" the dead wyvern in Cloakwood's Wyvern's lair is over sixty feet long and too large to actually leave the cave? Not to mention it's been impaled by spears twice as tall as the player.

Since Wyverns are supposed to be 35' long, the map would have been sensible if it was about half as big as it was.

Still not as silly as the mega dragon in Durlag's Tower though.

I always wondered if there was an explanation lore-wise for those giant dead Wyverns and Dragons, since they're a hell of a lot smaller than the ones we actually fight. I reckon that's not the case then?
    The one in Dragonspear Castle, and the one at the end of IWD:HoW also spring to mind.
    Proont