Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow has 34 pages and only 4 pages are on this thread, what do you make of this ?
    Skatan
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @DreadKhan Lawd, that got me thinkin. I can remember some Christmas cakes that were so soaked with brandy they were almost wet. Good stuff that B)
    DreadKhanlolien
    DreadKhan said:

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow has 34 pages and only 4 pages are on this thread, what do you make of this ?

Perhaps people feel less need to share positives, vs venting negatives?
    or people are ungrateful by nature or we are surrounded by an unholy shit storm (pardon my french)
    SethDavis said:

you are just a lil bundle of sunshine, aincha?

being realistic is a great quality of mine

I think the greater length of the "topic for unhappiness" thread just illustrates how much people around here are willing to show their support for those who are having trouble.

True, it could also be that eventuality
    SethDavis said:

i hope you are young so that you can have enough time to change your perspective
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Zaghoul said:

@DreadKhan Lawd, that got me thinkin. I can remember some Christmas cakes that were so soaked with brandy they were almost wet. Good stuff that B)

Its hard to use too much, as long as you don't use rot-gut. Its a real shame that most people never try proper Christmas cake, just those poor, cheaply made ones.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2017
    I believe both @Tresset and @semiticgod are right. The unhappiness thread is way older than the happiness one. For every unhappy post we get several supportive posts, for every happiness post you get several positive reactions. It's no surprise the unhappiness thread is longer.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellBelgarathMTH
    ThacoBell said:

SethDavis said:

being realistic is a great quality of mine
    The cynical claims the tunnel they are in will never end and all is darkness. The optimistic notices a small light slowly getting brighter far down the tunnel and exclaims that they are nearing the end. The realist steps off the tracks and says they should be careful because it might be a train.

The cynical often masquerade as realists, because they enjoy spreading misery around.

As to the page size disparity, every time I look at the unhappiness thread, I see between 4-6 posts of encouragement in between EVERY POST OF SADNESS OR FRUSTRATION. Thats some encouragement and support right there.
    @Thacobell honestly the first thing that came into my mind after noticing the page difference was the shit storm
    oh god i havent had such a good laugh for quite some time i guess that makes me happy about it...
    @#$#@! i really try to write a troll question in yahoo answers but i cant cause i laugh so much....
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Two things are currently making me very happy: first, a scene from Across the Universe about our good friend Mr. Kite:

And an Undertale comic, apparently by Bubble Illusions on tumblr:
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    lolien said:

Today i have the oppurtunity to visit the dome of the temple in my town. It was exciting from the inside, and the sight from the top was something too.

Is that Cthulhu crawling around on top of that bell? Just wondering if it's time for me to move to Nebraska...
    ZaghoullolienThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

So my friends introduced me to a chapter from a Harry Potter novel written by a computer. Basically, they fed the entire text of all 7 Harry Potter books to this computer program and asked it to write its own chapter.

The result is freaking brilliant.

holy heckie a computer wrote that? that was amazing. hilarious. the best.
    Harry Potter falling down a staircase for the entire summer is completely in character :)
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov