Skip to content

The big "Is it a bug or supposed to be like this?" thread

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited December 2017
    @Shandaxx You're doing great job on reporting these villagers issues (it never came to me that they should leave), - so if there're other villagers who don't leave, report them as separate bugs.

As for the Dimension Door, - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60947/is-dimension-door-still-in-the-games and https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/26512/1-2-the-state-of-the-dimension-door-spell are about BG, don't know about this spell in IWD:EE. I will create a feature request about the spell (to be removed). As it can break the game - see https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/794026/#Comment_794026
    "Did you know that in IWD:EE, if you are playing a solo mage and you cast Dimension Door to go into the remorhaz pit in the Gloomfrost and then you unlearn the Dimension Door spell, you've broken the game?"
    Edit: Reported - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34299
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ArtonaProont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think there're quite a few places in IWD where you can abuse Dimension Door (the Severed Hand, for example).

The pit is in the Gloomfrost Caverns, http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewinddale/walkthrough/gloomfrostcaverns2.php
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Proont
    Shandaxx said:

Okay, as I see it, there is a remorhaz in that pit with a powerful artifact.

Dimension Door is one of the two only ways to get it.

The other way would be "translocation arrows" which are incredibly hard to find in my opinion. It's the first time I hear about them anyway.

So by taking away the Dimension Door spell, you'd make it very hard, if not almost impossible for most players to get the powerful artifact that the remorhaz has.

Or the quick loot, no?
    [Deleted User]Proontineth
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    As I am new to this, I'll ask here before starting a thread or similar. So my party just reached Kuldahar in IWD and Gerth's shop has the Lyre of Progression that is a bard instrument that is available for:
    Bard
    Blade
    Jester
    Skald
    Barbarian

See the odd one out? :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    They put it in because of this video :wink:
    JuliusBorisovLoldrup
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Anduin: You still looking?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Yup. Just got logged on.
    Me and @Thels and anyone else join the game Anduin. Yup!
    @Skatan: BG1NPC had the same issue with the harps it added. Probably related to Barbarians being removed as a class, and added as a kit.
    Skatan
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    edited December 2017
    The Steam IWD:EE achievements seem to work (I just got the Company of Champions one) but they all show the same icon, is that normal?
    Well that was a huge disappointment. Just crashed out @Thels ...
    edited December 2017
    It crashed for me as well.

(Also, this is why I suggested connecting to something like Discord, so that we could more easily communicate such issues. :P)
    Try, Try, Try again!
    @Thels did you leave or were you forced out?
    Game froze when I clicked Create Character. Eventually terminated it, and then reconnected. Crashed upon connecting...
    And I lost @Doubledimas :cold_sweat:
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Sorry, just crashed out on me. I think I managed to send off a 'hi' :smile:
    Everyone, try to disable the Steam Cloud Saves, please, and tell if the experience is better.

When you file these issues, please attach:

- crash dumps
    - exe
    - pdb (only for the Client)
    - dxdiag

Also, run the game from the cmd command and attach screenshots of what is happening at the crash
    @Skatan File a bug report

@Altair It's ok (the icons are still under review)
    Skatan
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    v2.3 with one of my UI mod:

v2.5 with the same UI mod:

I already report the broken scrollbar but are the other changes expected or bugs?
    - The vertical spacing between Keyboard Scroll and Speed have changed.
    - The slider are misaligned.
    - The text 'This panel' have an indentation and is no longer aligned with the second line.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2017
    @JuliusBorisov Not sure what was going on. We had problems connecting all the time. I was on Steam, @Anduin and @Doubledimas were on Beamdog. I deleted my entire installation and did a fresh install, then hosted, and all went smooth for a good hour or two.

The odd thing is, @Anduin and @Doubledimas also had problems connecting to each other, with me sitting out, to see if me being on Steam was the issue here.

Also, should we setup a Discord server for the purpose of meeting up for multiplayer testing? Could be easy to poke for interest, and also convenient to chat (text or voice) over during games.
    JuliusBorisov
    Wow. Thank you for the game. @Doubledimas and @Thels .

The latter should be forever remembered for his commitment to the cause. Wiping and reinstalling IWD so we could crash again...

We did eventually get a stable run. It was far more fun to die by Orc arrows... I think...
    lolien
    Can confirm Discord is a good app for chatting while playing.

Also very good for telling everyone "we need to gather our party" when trying to leave the area...
    lolien
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Bug or not? You dont get any xp if you shapechange into a mind flayer and kill something with devour brain.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Not a bug per se, but the path finding seem to be more like the original than the newer versions of BG. Haven't played IWD for a looong time, but they often do that thing where they cramp up against the exit door and bump into eachother until you select on of them and click the door again to trigger the area transit.

Ok @JuliusBorisov, I'll write a bug for the Lyre of Progression. Thanks for the reply.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]