Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    Dark Side of the Sword Coast is listed in BWS as part of the set-up for BG EE and SoD, but I can't see it listed here. Is it OK?

If so does anyone know where the correct version is available?

If not, what are the problems and are they surmountable?
  • Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 83
    Darkside of the Sword Coast is compatible with SoD but is still in beta which is why it is not listed here yet. You can download the current version here.

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=5TbnCswN7tU1aqplzUTlR2&action=downloads;sa=view;down=197

Any issues are listed in the forum.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2017

Dark Side of the Sword Coast is listed in BWS as part of the set-up for BG EE and SoD, but I can't see it listed here. Is it OK?

If so does anyone know where the correct version is available?

If not, what are the problems and are they surmountable?

An enhanced and bug free DSotSC version is part of EET (Dark Side of the Sword Coast BGT/EET edition vBETA or above (this is NOT version released for BG:EE)) https://github.com/K4thos/DSotSC.
    BWS automatically uses the enhanced version for EET games.
    @Red_Carnelian @PaulaMigrate Thank you both for the quick answers. :) Much appreciated.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    Question: Are Spell Revision and aTweaks fully compatible with the current version of BG:EE?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited December 2017
    @Luke93 Both work fine for me BGEE +SoD. Spell revisions needs a lil change before installing in the lib file that can be done easily enough that I pasted on the thread. Loaded them fine in the beta BGEE as well.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65236/spell-revisions-beta15#latest
    @Zaghoul Yeah, I know about the lib file thing (you told me about that). I asked because I noticed that in my game there are some invalid strings related to these two mods. For example, the string related to the effect display string (139) of the spell Greater Malison is broken; and the descriptions of all the Revised Bhaalpowers are broken. The problem is that I cannot fix those strings in NI because I cannot find them -> @argent77 thinks the mod or installation process didn't add a string that relates to the strref in question. Is it so for you too?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited December 2017
    A quick test installation of Spell Revisions in BGEE 2.5 confirmed my suspicion. A good number of opcode 139 (Display String) strrefs in spells are hardcoded to BG2EE strings and are therefore invalid in BGEE. For example, strref 44916 points to "Saving Throws Lowered" in BG2EE, but results in an invalid string in BGEE.
    @argent77 Interesting. So, hardcoded means that we can do nothing to solve the issue, right?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Yeah, that's something the mod authors should fix.

You can try to fix it locally by finding all the correct string strrefs for BGEE and update them manually with NI. But that's a time-consuming and tedious work.
    @argent77 Very well, I'll drop a note on the Gibberlings Three Forums....
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Finally bought SoD so this will come in handy.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I released a new NPC mod. It may not be 1.0 and doesn’t have SoD content yet but what’s there should still be good to play.

Link: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65891/npc-mod-aura-a-gnome-artificer-npc-for-bg-ee-beta/p1
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Artemius_I Saw your message. I will just be able to add you mod after I return home. Trying to edit the OP list in a phone is not a nice experience :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I will add all new mods this weekend...
    @Artemius_I @Raduziel All added. Thanks.
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50
    I can't find a list for EET mods anywhere around here?
    There's the new Corwin mod that makes her appear in BG1 already and she's the same for SoD later and knows you already from before.
    It's one of those mods that only work for the EET but they're nowhere listed. I found it a Spellhold Studios.
    Kusel said:

There's the new Corwin mod that makes her appear in BG1 already and she's the same for SoD later and knows you already from before.
    It's one of those mods that only work for the EET but they're nowhere listed. I found it a Spellhold Studios.

Look here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&hl= for a list of EET mods.
    The EET is not very popular in this forum. Don't forget that this is beamdog's promotion site here and the EET does what they didn't do, namely make one game out of the trilogy.
    edited January 2018

Look here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&hl= for a list of EET mods.
    The EET is not very popular in this forum. Don't forget that this is beamdog's promotion site here and the EET does what they didn't do, namely make one game out of the trilogy.

Understandable if disappointing.
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50

Kusel said:

That's funny. I know many people who only went for EE AFTER EET was released. Me and all my friends are so. Only to have a thing like BGT and better made EE of interest to old players.
    Anyway, thanks for the link. It seems to me that's where BWS finds its mods for EET?
    There's no limit on discussion of EET in the forums. If anyone wants to start a thread about EET-only mods just notify a moderator so that we can stick it. Notice that all mod listing threads are maintained by volunteers.
    mlnevese said:

There's no limit on discussion of EET in the forums. If anyone wants to start a thread about EET-only mods just notify a moderator so that we can stick it. Notice that all mod listing threads are maintained by volunteers.

Honestly, I see no need for that. My link goes to a G3 subforum where the EET and everything related to it are discussed by the people who made and maintain it. That's a far better place to discuss this aspect of the game. No need to make a clone of it here and then have the problem to synchronise things.

EET was done by modders and a modders' site is the right place to go if you're interested in it.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Raduziel Added. Thnaks.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    OK, so there are a ton of great mods here!

But... what order do I install them in? I don't want to ruin my game :neutral:
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Thanks so much @ThacoBell !!!

Quick Question: do you consider "quest mods" to be "story mods" on that list?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    I realize I may sound stupid here but what Exactly is EET? I am currently playing BG1: EE. I have SoD, BG2 EE also. I'm not a modder, but have very limited knowledge on how to install mods. Some Veterans experience about what EET is would be great if this is the plate for it. Gib 3 doesn't seem to be active much.