Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Thank you @mlnevese . These pictures are wonderful. It only just occurred to me that cats, whilst photogenic, don't hang around long enough for a picture to be taken. I lost a familiar myself, a wingless tresset, a long time ago. My wife is allergic to them and cats in general, but I'm now all broody to take another familiar in. Unfortunately, after Christmas, it is a busy time at the animal sanctuary :cry:
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Zaghoul Yes, I visited a orthopedic doctor today. He sent me to get an MRI. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow or Friday.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @UnderstandMouseMagic She does sound like a great kitty. It's good to hear your son buried her. I always, as much as it hurts, think it seems to help with closure somewhat. Cats have more loyalty and personality than some give them credit for. :)

@Zaghoul Yes, I visited a orthopedic doctor today. He sent me to get an MRI. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow or Friday.

@FinneousPJ You still waitin on the MRI? I had a military surgeon work on my repair, and he saw alot of that. He knew right off even without the MRI but the MRI helped prove it move.
    @Zaghoul Yes, still waiting unfortunately
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Oh no... Just stay strong, mlnevese!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I can totally feel you... watching my dog go was one of the most painful things I experienced in the last few years. I know how it feels like.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Losing pets is never easy. We lost four dogs in about four years. One of them just got old, two were killed by defective flea medicine (NEVER use Sergeants pet care products), and one to heart disease. One of them died in my arms on the way to the vet.
    @mlnevese Man, I'm sorry. Just after laying your kitty to rest I know this must seem like ya can't catch a break. Here's to a better year of life ahead for you and yours.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I hope it was peaceful. I've seen one dog in visible pain and another dog die in peace, and the former is much harder to bear.

Take heart that you gave your pets a good life in a loving home.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

I hope it was peaceful. I've seen one dog in visible pain and another dog die in peace, and the former is much harder to bear.

Take heart that you gave your pets a good life in a loving home.

He had severe allergies since he was a puppy. As some may know a dog's allergy affects their skins instead of respiratory system as is more common in humans... We tried every treatment available but in the end his skin was so fragile that even standing up and walking would make him bleed... He would be 12 years old in September.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

@Zaghoul I finally got the diagnosis, and the sternocostal portion of the pectoralis major is completely torn off. The doctor does not recommend surgery due to uncertain outcome.

Sounds bad. I wish you a good recovery. But what's the prospect for healing without surgery? How will the functionality of your arm fare?

@Zaghoul I finally got the diagnosis, and the sternocostal portion of the pectoralis major is completely torn off. The doctor does not recommend surgery due to uncertain outcome.

Sounds bad. I wish you a good recovery. But what's the prospect for healing without surgery? How will the functionality of your arm fare?
    It won't heal without surgery. But the recovery with surgery is also uncertain. The arm is functional but much of my strength is gone.
    Darn. the portion of the pec attached to the sternum, right? Shoot, sounds like a type 4 injury?. Ya had to go n get the rare one huh? :*;) From the little I have studied it, due to it being mostly muscle and not much tendon much to speak of, it is a tough call. I did see there is a possible relocation of that part of the muscle to a another location that might allow some strength to be recovered.

This sounded like what you have and what has been tried:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25341950

I was also told without surgery, no healing was possible. If there is any tendon involved I know there is the option of an allograft but it sounds as if this does not apply to a type 4.
    You get it from the good ol bench press or something else?
    Zaghoul said:

Darn. the portion of the pec attached to the sternum, right?
    Shoot, sounds like a type 4 injury?.

Exactly.
    Zaghoul said:

Ya had to go n get the rare one huh? :*;) From the little I have studied it, due to it being mostly muscle and not much tendon much to speak of, it is a tough call. I did see there is a possible relocation of that part of the muscle to a another location that might allow some strength to be recovered.

This sounded like what you have and what has been tried:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25341950

I was also told without surgery, no healing was possible. If there is any tendon involved I know there is the option of an allograft but it sounds as if this does not apply to a type 4.
    You get it from the good ol bench press or something else?

Yes, that is what the doctor said. Due to there not being much tendon, it will just tear again very easily.
    Thanks, that's probably smart. I will try the public health and another private one.
    @FinneousPJ Good deal, pays to shop around sometimes. Keep us posted. :)