Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    EET is a mod (sort of) that combines BGEE+SOD+BG2EE into a single, continuous game. Rather than having to import your character into BG2EE (and having all other NPCs reset to BG2EE defaults), your party can continue seamlessly from SOD into BG2EE, and your NPCs should retain the stats that they had during BGEE+SOD.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Bloodstone Enhanced Edition Trilogy, i.e. the combination of BG;EE, SoD, and BGII:EE to play it as one continuous game.
    The forum is here at GibberlingsThree:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

I realize I may sound stupid here but what Exactly is EET? I am currently playing BG1: EE. I have SoD, BG2 EE also. I'm not a modder, but have very limited knowledge on how to install mods. Some Veterans experience about what EET is would be great if this is the plate for it. Gib 3 doesn't seem to be active much.

EET is a *super-mod* that allows you to play all the games from the BG trilogy as one continuous game from beginning to end.
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    ThacoBell said:

@booinyoureyes There is a handy general guide that I follow. Lined from another thread:

1) non-weidu mods
    2) story mods
    3) NPC mods
    4) item mods
    5) kit mods
    6) BG2Tweaks
    7) other tweak/overhaul mods (for example SCALES of BALANCE)
    8) SCS
    9) aTweaks

There are a few mods out there that will have their own install order within the points, but if you have any specific questions, there is always help to be found here.

And UI mods when you want as they usually don't interact with other mods.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    The big world set-up installs mods in the correct order even ensuring that only one part of a mod is installed before another if that is necessary. It also gives warnings of mod conflicts and when two mods do the same thing gives advice as to which is better. I don't ALWAYS agree, but it does help you to make the choices much more easily. It is EET compatible.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44476/tool-big-world-setup-bws-mod-manager-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-trilogy-for-windows
  • DaxtremeDaxtreme Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys, in the original post it is stated that "No Traps or Locks" is bugged, but I recently played through the whole of BG:EE with it installed, and no problem.

Here's my weidu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ascalon's Questpack: 2.00b_160119
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v15
    ~SIRINESCALL/SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call: v14
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2292 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Normal Druid Spell Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2351 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Allow non-humans acces to all multiclass combinations: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2420 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric Multi-Classes: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2430 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Druid Multi-Classes: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3093 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3103 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3113 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3130 // No Traps or Locks (Weimer): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: Beta 4

Kinda clean install as you can see.

Game version is v2.3.67.3

Hopefully this helps.
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    Two questions, first is about this topic. If I choose a certain UI Mod and install everything using the Big World Setup, do I have to uninstall everything and redo it if I decide to go back to a different AI?

Also, I know a couple of sites that have most of the most popular Mods, NPC, Fixpack, and stuff like that, Giberlings has a bunch and there's a bunch here, is there anyplace else that has a good repository?

Thanks.

Two questions, first is about this topic. If I choose a certain UI Mod and install everything using the Big World Setup, do I have to uninstall everything and redo it if I decide to go back to a different AI?

Also, I know a couple of sites that have most of the most popular Mods, NPC, Fixpack, and stuff like that, Giberlings has a bunch and there's a bunch here, is there anyplace else that has a good repository?

Thanks.

First question
    To see what you need to install/uninstall to make changes to your install, take a look at a file called weidu.log that is in your game folder. It's a list of all mod components and the order in which they are installed. To change or delete a component, everything in the log that comes after the target one needs to be uninstalled in reverse order and afterwards be put in. Weidu does that for you. However, there are sometimes components or elements that can't be changed easily and the result will be a corrupt install.

It's best to post your weidu.log and tell which changes you want to make. Then someone with experience can tell you how to do it.

Second question
    G3 (gibberlings 3) or Spellhold have a lot of mods, Pocket Plane has some more. If you use BWS you need not care, the tool knows the download addresses of most mods.

Thanks.

First question
    To see what you need to install/uninstall to make changes to your install, take a look at a file called weidu.log that is in your game folder. It's a list of all mod components and the order in which they are installed. To change or delete a component, everything in the log that comes after the target one needs to be uninstalled in reverse order and afterwards be put in. Weidu does that for you. However, there are sometimes components or elements that can't be changed easily and the result will be a corrupt install.

It's best to post your weidu.log and tell which changes you want to make. Then someone with experience can tell you how to do it.

Second question
    G3 (gibberlings 3) or Spellhold have a lot of mods, Pocket Plane has some more. If you use BWS you need not care, the tool knows the download addresses of most mods.
    Thank you PaulaMigrate, that actually answered another question I had about whether I needed to down load all the mods, but it sounds like BWS will know where to get them from. I'm familiar with Spellhold, and will check out the other one. One last stupid question. Way back 10 years ago when the Original Mods were being done I used a few and remember using the Weidu Log and posting it to report problems and try to fix things. What I don't remember was if I had to download a specific Weidu program, or is it a part of the Windows Package? I run a pretty vanilla PC, with a good graphics card, I have Notepad ++. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Appreciate your help.
    1. the weidu.log is a simple text file that you can open with any editor, nothing extra needed.
    2. the weidu executable is needed for mod installation, in fact every Setup-Modxxxxxx.exe is a copy of weidu used for a single mod. This comes with the mod packages that you download, so again nothing extra needed
    3. about the only thing you may need to install, change, uninstall mods is modmerge for the case you have a steam or gog version AND you want to mod BGEE+SoD.
    I am using the Steam version. for BG:EE and BG:EE2, and I got SoD thru Steam too. I have BG:EE and IWD on Beamdog, both were given to me as a gift but I have never loaded them up.

If I am not going to MOD anything (I don't have the depth of knowledge or patience for it) do I need to run modmerge? I had read somewhere about it, but haven't done so yet, just playing BG:EE Vanilla at the moment.

Thanks.

Appreciate your help.
    1. the weidu.log is a simple text file that you can open with any editor, nothing extra needed.
    2. the weidu executable is needed for mod installation, in fact every Setup-Modxxxxxx.exe is a copy of weidu used for a single mod. This comes with the mod packages that you download, so again nothing extra needed
    3. about the only thing you may need to install, change, uninstall mods is modmerge for the case you have a steam or gog version AND you want to mod BGEE+SoD.
    I am using the Steam version. for BG:EE and BG:EE2, and I got SoD thru Steam too. I have BG:EE and IWD on Beamdog, both were given to me as a gift but I have never loaded them up.

If I am not going to MOD anything (I don't have the depth of knowledge or patience for it) do I need to run modmerge? I had read somewhere about it, but haven't done so yet, just playing BG:EE Vanilla at the moment.
    If you want to install any mods on your bgee/sod game you must first run modmerge.
    No need for it in BG2EE.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Modmerge is only need for BG1+SoD, and even then, ONLY on GoG and Steam versions.
    ThacoBell said:

Modmerge is only need for BG1+SoD, and even then, ONLY on GoG and Steam versions.

If you read that in context it's exactly what I said to one who asked about Steam version. Imp,
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2018
    @mlnevese

Hi!

Can you please add the following mods to the main list (tweaks section)?

Raduziel's Universal Wizard Spells

Relieve Wizard Slayer

Thanks!

Edit:

Can you please also exclude these:

Undead Hunter Revision
    Undead Predator (Ranger Kit)
    Undead Redeemer
    Undead Slayer (Wizard Kit)

They are no longer being supported as now all of them are inside the I Hate Undead Kitpack.
    @PaulaMigrate "If you want to install any mods on your bgee/sod game you must first run modmerge."

Sorry, I don't see it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Raduziel All done :)
    ThacoBell said:

@PaulaMigrate "If you want to install any mods on your bgee/sod game you must first run modmerge."

Sorry, I don't see it.

What you quote is an answer to someone who already stated that his game is steam version. So *your install" already refers to a steam install. You don't get this if you quote stuff out of context.
    You earned your second *Imp batch*.
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50

ThacoBell said:

Sorry, I don't see it.

What you quote is an answer to someone who already stated that his game is steam version. So *your install" already refers to a steam install. You don't get this if you quote stuff out of context.
    You earned your second *Imp batch*.
    That *Imp* from the spellhold sites and others? The guy who makes comments nobody needs to every post on every forum?
    @PaulaMigrate "You install" was nowhere in your comment. Expecting people to come through 5+ quotes to understand your comment is bad form, and WILL lead to miscommunication. Your insults are not needed.
    I never thought I would need to do this in a thread opened by me but...

Personal offenses are strictly not allowed by the forum rules. Further rules breaking will result in a formal warning.

This is just a friendly reminder for everyone to read the site rules.
    Hello, would you please add Ascalon's Questpack to the list.
    @jastey Added. Thanks :)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Please add my Warlock mod to the list.
    @Artemius_I Added.Thanks. :)
    Thank you!
    @mlnevese

Hi!

Can you please add my newest failure:

Deities of Faerûn - A Kitpack for Clerics

Thanks!
    @Raduziel Added... it's a new record for mods from the same author added :wink:
    mlnevese said:

@Raduziel Added... it's a new record for mods from the same author added :wink:

I'm very good at doing unwanted things.