Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I'd rather assume it meant it doubled the base APR, but that the write forgot that fighters increase their base APR on level 7 and 13. So base APR is 1 for all classes except warrior classes and then everything else adds APR to base, no matter if it's a bow, a speed weapon, a dart or a specialization/grandmastery. So a double of attacks would be interpreted as 1+1 for all non-warrior classes.
    bleusteelAdullolienGreenWarlock
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    I've just discovered BRANWEN is a KIT now with special abilities!
    JuliusBorisovProont
    edited April 2018
    @JuliusBorisov
    One user asked me if is it possible to have Thief Detect Illusion/Find Traps work like Bard song (with a message displayed every time it triggers every round).
    I do not know then I simply open a ticket about that.
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36813
    Can you check my bad English?
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do you mean something like: "Abdel- Singing Bard Song" in the Combat log?

eg.

"Abdel- Detecting Illusions/Finding Traps"

Do you mean something like: "Abdel- Singing Bard Song" in the Combat log?

eg.

"Abdel- Detecting Illusions/Finding Traps"

Precisely.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2018
    Well, if you have customized AI and enabled Detect Traps, you already get the following text:

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I think that message only triggers when the character starts detecting traps, not every round while it's active.
    JuliusBorisovlolienAerakar
    Ok, updated the ticket.
    lolien
  • DrakonDrakon Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2018
    Instead of filling up the log every round with detect traps/illusion, a status icon over the portrait might be better. This status is almost always on for some players. What do you think?
    ThacoBellAedan
    edited April 2018
    Drakon said:

Instead of filling up the log every round with detect traps/illusion, a status icon over the portrait might be better. This status is almost always on for some players. What do you think?

No, the aim is to know when the check is done in order to move the thief safely when he is scouting and to know if detect illusion has failed.

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You want the same functionality as the spell then.
    rede9
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Yay, I found a bug! (reported it on redmine).
    Seems basilisks are easily killed these days if you don't engage Mutamin
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    @Sed Do you mean the GREAT basilisk stay neutral while you are attacking it?
    rede9 said:

@Sed Do you mean the GREAT basilisk stay neutral while you are attacking it?

@rede9 yea, he's just standing around letting himself get killed.
    The bug report is a bit more detailed ;)
    Hey, @Sed, nice to see you're still around :) Thanks for the report!
    @JuliusBorisov thanks!
    I haven't really been active in here for a while as I've been busy with life, new job and trips sending me all around the globe. Haven't even had time to play Torment yet, even though it's my favorite game of all time. Started playing a game now on my old ipad 2 while flying back and forth to Shanghai (the ipad doesn't like fireball I can tell you that) which got me back to a game of BGEE.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2018
    Ooh, I found another bug!
    Safana really is a placeholder these days ;)

Tons of her dialogue when you meet her is just "placeholder". Bug reported as #36904
    edited April 2018
    @Sed Are you sure you have disabled SoD for this beta test? A "placeholder" thing in English happens if you play BG:EE+SoD, while the beta doesn't cover SoD.

Also, do you use any mods?
    edited April 2018

@Sed Are you sure you have disabled SoD for this beta test? A "placeholder" thing in English happens if you play BG:EE+SoD, while the beta doesn't cover SoD.

Even my brother with BG:EE+SoD on steam encounters dozens of placeholder I do not with only BG1ee.

edited April 2018
    rede9 said:

Even my brother with BG:EE+SoD on steam encounters dozens of placeholder I do not with only BG1ee.

This is because players should disable SoD when trying the beta.
    ThacoBell
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

It's a little too late now (and maybe it's not feasible) but the beta build should warn if SoD is not disabled. A lot of beta testers have been caught in this trap.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    lefreut said:

It's a little too late now (and maybe it's not feasible) but the beta build should warn if SoD is not disabled. A lot of beta testers have been caught in this trap.
    Its not late. This info has been on the forum since the Beta was announced.
    @JuliusBorisov
    That might be the reason for the placeholder then. I had not disabled it.
    Not running any mods other than Convenient Ammo, so nothing that should affect dialogue of any kind.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    @JuliusBorisov
    It might be a good idea to post a bit more clear info regarding disabling of SoD in the patch notes etc.
    Since I was a bit late to the party this time around, I just read the blog post
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/04/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-25-beta.html

"Please note that this beta update will temporarily bring the beta version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition out of line with Siege of Dragonspear. This will be addressed in a future update."

This does not mean "Please disable SoD if you want to try the beta" in my view, and I didn't read through 200+ of missed posts here on the forum ;)
    Considering Steam doesn't give you any hints that it's a bad combo, I agree with @lefreut that a little warning somewhere would have been nice (since i dived right back in).
    Aedan
    @JuliusBorisov
    Any chance you can push for the implementation of APR being moved to inventory screen?
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23779

It's really annoying to switch back and forth between tabs as this is really damage/combat information.
    This issue involves UI, which means it's basically out of this patch focus (there're a few exceptions, though).

This issue involves UI, which means it's basically out of this patch focus (there're a few exceptions, though).

@JuliusBorisov but it was there at one point. In the textbox next to the damage.
    I would like to see it as it's own little "box", but as a temp fix just adding it back into the text box would improve life, and that is literally one line of code without changing the UI.