Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

This change is a part of the ticket "NPC organizations should wear consistent uniforms" (eg., the scholars and staff at Candlekeep, Members of the Flaming Fist in the Baldur's Gate, Gorion's colors should be heroic - Gorion's robe is dark with light trim, and a green gem on his belt and amulet). It's based on PnP sources.

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Great! Then I’m sure they will understand the question when they read the earlier posts and screenshots that have been discussed here.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @JuliusBorisov once again I missed that information. But is that a user-submitted ticket or an internal ticket? I'm curious at the wording because consistent colouring and changing the colouring to reflect PnP sources is something different in my opinion.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    ThacoBell said:

@Adul I've been playing since BG first came out (I still have the original 5 cds somewhere), the irony is that I always trusted the item description and believed that I was getting double apr. To not only learn that oils are actually much less useful than I thought all these years, but then to have them fixed and then yanked away is INCREDIBLY frustrating.

That should motivate you towards modding :)
  • Snowy2Snowy2 Member Posts: 7
    My english is a bit poor, but my opinion about uniforms can be summarized with this video:

https://youtu.be/D8uRO3D12vs

I'm really glad with Beamdog and their work, please, recapacite about this.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Avenger_teambg I've tried. I have no head for it.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Reported a minor issue with script preview display (https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37167). Other than that, things are looking nice on IWDEE
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @JuliusBorisov You guys are spoiling the kids.
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    Is there any info on the ETA of the update having been released in a form so I can continue my save game on SoD?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited May 2018
    Starhowl said:

Is there any info on the ETA of the update having been released in a form so I can continue my save game on SoD?

If you don't want to wait, you could try to run your save in SoD v2.3. You might run into some issues, but generally the IE games are very lenient in terms of savegame compatibility between different games and versions.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

All issues are classified into several categories, with "A" and "B" being serious and severe bugs/features, where "C" - minor issues. The focus of the team during this whole 2.5 patch process is "A" and "B" issues.

I hope Internal report #37141 has got an high category since it freezes the game.

The proverb "you can't make everyone happy" isn't necessarily true in this instance. If it were an optional feature, you could come very close to making everyone happy.
    edited May 2018
    I've noticed that in this beta, I can no longer quick save or quick load while a container is open, while I believe it was possible in v2.3 and earlier. Is this change intentional? If not, I could write up a bug report.
    Post edited by Adul on
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i liked all of the uniforms except:

- plate armor that doesn't look metallic at all
    - conspicuously uniformed assassins
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Adul said:

I've noticed that in this beta, I can no longer quick save or quick load while a container is open, while I believe it was possible in v2.3 and earlier. Is this change intentional? If not, I could write up a bug report.

Pressing the sidebar icon works, hotkey (Q) does not. As usual, please report if it looks like an issue.

Thanks

edited May 2018
    Gate70 said:

Adul said:

Pressing the sidebar icon works, hotkey (Q) does not. As usual, please report if it looks like an issue.

Thanks
    Thanks, reported.
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37207
    Sorry, I'm also a little bit confused about this ticket. It's been marked as dupe, with two other tickets linked as dupes, one internal and one public. I can't look at the internal ticket, but I've taken a look at the public one that was linked, and that one doesn't seem like it would be the same issue, as far as I can tell. Both issues concern the camera, but one is specifically about the camera movement associated with starting dialog, while the other one doesn't seem to be so. Could someone check and see if there was maybe an oversight?
    @Gate70 Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

If you want to back out the re-colorization for mooks, fine. But please consider keeping the canon-colors for prominent FR NPCs (e.g., Drizzt, Cadderly Bonaduce, Taurgosz Khosann, etc..).

and in the same time

For example Gorion now looks more pompous and flamboyant compared to his more humble and plain appearance from before. I honestly don't see the benefit and it seems slightly disrespectful of the source material (which in my view is the original game which itself was an interpretation of DnD that was not intended to be a carbon copy).

• bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I mean no offense to anyone, Julius, but @AstroBryGuy has nearly 10,000 visits and 6,300 points. His opinion carries more weight. IMHO :smile:
    edited May 2018
    There're agrees with the quoted post from people with over 11 000 points. That's certainly not the factor to judge options on.
    Balquo said:

The uniforms will ship with 2.5. They just won't be attached to anyone (except for the Flaming Fist.) So a very simple mod could attach them easily.

Souds like a win option.