Skip to content

Sandrah Saga For EET

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2018
    HAHAHAHA— *dopeslap* oh my god, unflippingbelievable. Who the hell does she even think she’s kidding?
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I just learned about all these fake accounts stuff while reading this thread. But now I'm really surprised and confused. I had been following this thread from earlier and read about what PaulaMigrate wrote about the mod. And I thought I could give it a shot later, before all this drama unraveled.

Does anyone have an idea what her motives can be for promoting her own mods? It's not like she's earning money out of it, right? Of what value is this praise if it's not real and she's doing it herself?

I just want to understand it. What she did just makes zero sense to me. Why would she even bother with all this deceit?
    StummvonBordwehrbrunardo
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Is this the request a song thread?

In that case I would to request either Roxanne by the Police or Fulsom prison blues by Johnny Cash... sorry couldnt help it..

I dont get it either @Ludwig_II. I have and had real interest in the Roxanne mod. The idea was good, and I really like to see the mega mods being dragged into the light again.

But alas the way it was done was just wrong - people didnt give consent, things where mascarated and for what? Praise? I would have given praise even if things had been done in a manipulative way.... a crying shame. I will Sandrah a try in due time, and I hope that there is redemption for Roxanne - but forgiveness will need much hard work and apologies..

Ps I am not a Roxanne clone. But I just hope for redemption for the sake of the community
    RVNS
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited July 2018
    I'm freaking out too. I feel like a fool falling into it. I couldn't believe the mod I was playing had such a big issues but everybody else was loving it... Damn, always trust your instinct. And a wasted opportunity, because the idea of a megamod with a new BFF for your character was a good starting point...
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

because the idea of a megamod with a new BFF for your character was a good starting point...

I'm not sure it's wise to gate a whole lot of content behind having a particular NPC in your party. That would force you to pick up said NPC to enjoy the content, whether you like the NPC or not.

Better to provide the content without the NPC requirement, and then add one or more NPCs that could be recruited in said additional content. Those NPCs then need to stand on their own merit, rather than "Well, you gotta take me to enjoy the content."
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellGrammarsaladOlvynChuru
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    It seems that the echos of Roxanne act are still rub this community. It's funny when she register yet another account only to be later discovered as yet another fake.

She trick many people. Too bad that I wasn't informed about Roxanne investigation before it escalated. Things which Lava and Jastey talking about, would look very differently.

To calm you down, I can say that she no longer have any influence at BWS/default mod selections. If someone have more questions, feel free to ask.
    StummvonBordwehrRVNSRaduziel
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Sadly the mod had some promise. The overall scope of the mod and amount of content is amazing. However the execution of the mod without getting full compliance from authors that you borrow material from is a big no no in my book. I've even given the mod a shot and truly the writing is rather basic and Sandrah herself is quite the Mary Sue. The fact that if you disagree with her in any of a dozen different dialogues she packs her bags and leaves without any real justification is just ridiculous. If I don't want to bang the character she just ceases to be as well. Items are massively game breaking in my opinion and you might as well be starting out with a character in power armor from fallout that can cast spells.

She seems to overshadow your character in all aspects. I understand she is the main star of this mod but I still want my character to be relevant.

I am not a modder by any means and while I appreciate the effort this seems to fall flat.
    StummvonBordwehrLavaDelVortelMonoCanallamegamike15
    edited July 2018
    The idea of a second Imoen, somebody with deep understanding of your situation and fierce loyalty, that (unlike Imoen) you meet outside of your childhood, and who has banters and reaction for everything, that’s not a bad idea.

Somebody who has knowledge about the whole Bhaal situation before you and chooses your sides, is not a bad idea. Although the part that this character openly hides her privileged knowledge to you before you learn it by yourself, is a bad idea and is patronizing. This character would have to appear already in SoA, as a counterpart to Bodhi.

Somebody who brings a whole lot of missions and contents as long is stats with you, is not necessarily a bad idea if the character is really great, which of course is a gamble. Putting an example of Drizzt saga, I would mind joining with Jarlaxe trough all my own trilogy and playing his special missions. That’d work for me.

Even the wolf companion is not a bad idea if it weren’t overpowered and wouldn’t bothered in the path finding.

The way that Sandrah’s saga does it, IMHO is very wrong. I agree it overshadows the Bhaalspawn and, honestly, there is zero point for that. Like, how would I ever want to play that?
    RVNSStummvonBordwehr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @MonoCanalla "Somebody who has knowledge about the whole Bhaal situation before you and chooses your sides, is not a bad idea."

That's the point of Sarevok in ToB.
    RVNSMonoCanallaStummvonBordwehr
    true enough.
    RVNS
    @MonoCanalla
    The wolf companion is an old mod as well. I remember having Haiass as a companion long ago in BWS long before the EE era.

If credit was taken for Haiass, I guess its more borrowed feathers... perhaps someone can verify this?
    MonoCanalla[Deleted User]
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited July 2018
    Haiass is a mod by Immortality.
    Haiass
    EDIT: can't find the download, though.
    Found it: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/777-haiass-el-lobo-v-23/
    MonoCanallaStummvonBordwehr
    edited July 2018
    Oh, wow...And a fellow Spaniard as the modder. Interesting. Too bad the path finding was a pain, with the wolf blocking my way, specially when my character is the scouter of the group.

PS: Damn, I wish I'd know how to mod.
    Post edited by MonoCanalla on
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited July 2018
    Slight offtopic, concerning EET.
    Obviously, whenever Sandrah was mentioned - so did EET. And Roxanne (in her PaulaM incarnation) was a fierce promoter of EET, stating, there are many mods that are EET-only this days, that gamers would miss out if they do not install the whole package.

But aside of Sandrah-mod, is there truly an EET exclusive? (Not just compatible, but those you can play only with EET installed? Aside obvious like EET fixes, tweaks and UI)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Don’t believe her nonsense.

Besides megamods, there are very few known mods that are designed to be dependent on content from both BG1 and BG2 in the same engine. Roxanne is the only modder I know who deliberately makes mods EET-only even though her mods can easily have their content be separately made for both games.

She’s said in the past, paraphrased, that mods with content that spans both BG1 and BG2 only make sense within EET because it combines the narrative of both games. Yes, even outside of Sandrah Saga she treats the playerbase like they’re idiots.
    megamike15ThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    that part offended me as someone that rather play bg as separate games. i tend to play baldurs gate like i do mass effect as a whole series back to back and rarely ever as stand alone games.

so when she goes " oh anything form sod should only be used in eet as most players only play bg 2." i just sigh and shake my head.
    ThacoBell
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Mirandel Well, Roxanne made EET-only versions of some older mods, but appart from that I do not know any mod that would be EET-only (apart from maybe EET-tweaks, of course.)
    StefanO
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited July 2018
    There are some mods made by a modder named Lassal at SHS, which AFAIK are EET-compatible only. Vampire World is one that comes to my mind.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Thank you!
    Would be interesting to see the list of those "EET exclusives" - if only out of curiosity (should check Lassa's work) but if I do not know about them already, probably, I should not care much anyway.
    The EET exclusiveness may have some merit.
    Some of the old BG1 mega mods did require a BGT setup. Secrets of Bone Hill being one of those as I recall. So perhaps that mindset persisted...

But I do agree that we need to move on from BGT - back then BGT was one giant step forward from the old BG1 engine and graphics. The EE’s are now cross platform and BG:ee dont need a giant makeover.

Mods should not force the players in to a certain platform or a special setup. The iOS solution requires the game to be tredages as stand alene games. So imo the modding community shouldnt promote one special solution, but instead open doors for all.

Ps: Jastey if you ever get a lot of sparetime and get bored: secret of Bone Hill is a great mod...
    pps: thanks for all the hard work so far
    megamike15
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Been awhile since ive been on but sad to hear this stuff as wanted to try sandrah's mod but now not so sure...Finished my buggy BWS mod run but had to say loved @LavaDelVortel several of your mods, white queen especially, and felt it was some of the best Ive ever played!
    StummvonBordwehrRVNS
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

The EET exclusiveness may have some merit.
    Some of the old BG1 mega mods did require a BGT setup. Secrets of Bone Hill being one of those as I recall. So perhaps that mindset persisted...

But I do agree that we need to move on from BGT - back then BGT was one giant step forward from the old BG1 engine and graphics. The EE’s are now cross platform and BG:ee dont need a giant makeover.

Mods should not force the players in to a certain platform or a special setup. The iOS solution requires the game to be tredages as stand alene games. So imo the modding community shouldnt promote one special solution, but instead open doors for all.

Ps: Jastey if you ever get a lot of sparetime and get bored: secret of Bone Hill is a great mod...
    pps: thanks for all the hard work so far

even back then we had tutu and there was never a situation where someone wanted you to only play bgt and not just tutu and vanilla bg2.

i really don't know what changed with eet other then Roxanne got a really big ego after making a mod that spanned the whole series.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

even back then we had tutu and there was never a situation where someone wanted you to only play bgt and not just tutu and vanilla bg2.

i really don't know what changed with eet other then Roxanne got a really big ego after making a mod that spanned the whole series.

Back then, the BG1 and BG2 engines were very different so it makes sense for some mods to be tutu and/or BGT only even if they only add content to BG1 (I think that's the case for BG1 NPC). It's no longer true today with the EEs.
    StummvonBordwehrAstroBryGuy
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    jastey said:

@Mirandel Well, Roxanne made EET-only versions of some older mods, but appart from that I do not know any mod that would be EET-only (apart from maybe EET-tweaks, of course.)

Actually, most of the components from EET-Tweaks do not require EET and install just fine on BGEE and BG2EE.
    Permidion_Stark
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Holy fuck, paula migrante was a roxanne alternate account? That's why she was suggesting her own mods all the time around. Thanks for letting me know, I won't install it.

Nothing I read inside this topic is true because it's a mod creator that actually endorsed his own work.
    Bleh
    @ALIEN are you still supporting BWS? I just hope that the fact that Roxanne now is updating all the mods on her own doesn't mean that the people that have original BG are going to get fucked for this ...
    edited August 2018
    @JuliusBorisov Can you make a note on every paula migrante post in this topic that it was an alternate account of a modder endorsing his own work?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Arthas said:

@JuliusBorisov Can you make a note on every paula migrante post in this topic that it was an alternate account of a modder endorsing his own work?

There is already a thread listing all of Roxanne's alternate accounts.
    AstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    ThacoBell said:

Arthas said:

There is already a thread listing all of Roxanne's alternate accounts.
    FYI: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70519/roxanne
    brunardo