Skip to content

Worst thing you've done to an NPC

Comments

• sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @Sayen I must admit I was a bit hesitant to read that novel of a post, but it was certainly eye opening, not sure if that is good or bad though, but it has given me some ideas of what I can do in evil playthroughs though....
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    Well, @OlvynChuru‌ managed to get Imoen Shanked. That's even worse than leaving her in the wilderness.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34725/halizurex-the-pacifist-mass-murderer#latest
  • SayenSayen Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2014
    Another Aerie-torturing idea that I had but am too lazy to follow through on. It's another dialogue option that I've wanted to add.

Hexxat: I believe I make Aerie uncomfortable, Charname
    1. I believe you're right.
    2. Few things don't. Ignore her...she needs to toughen up.
    3. (New choice) How would you like to feed on her tonight?
    Hexxat: Or turn her, perhaps?
    1. Please do. It might make her presence tolerable.
    2. And have her hanging around for an eternity, crying about her lost soul along with her lost wings and anything and everything else? I couldn't inflict that on Faerun.
    Hexxat: It was just a passing thought, Charname.

(Because I briefly tried to make an evil Vamp-Aerie NPC but quickly got tired of it. Maybe one day I'll return to it, or just have the dialogue tree end with Hexxat feeding on and perma-killing Aerie).

Also - believe it or not, I don't actually HATE Aerie, or at least not nearly as much as it might seem. There are actually a few parts of her character arc/development that I like. But as is, and in whole, she's really more like a love-to-hate character for me, almost like a good villain. That, and I just think it's a lot of fun making that chirpy little child-voice go "Eek!"
    Post edited by Sayen on
  • DrakoDrizztDrakoDrizzt Member Posts: 5
    Cener said:

Cursed Imoen, enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/WOqtzjUbGhk

I think the cursed one was the one who made the video.... Int -4... see the video to see what i'm talking about.. -_-
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    Sometimes when I get bored I like to spawn a bunch of Sarevoks, ctrl + q them into my party, and have them try and kill Gorion before he insta-kills them all. Then I set about a whole army of Drizzts on the unsuspecting residents of Candlekeep and show them why I am the true successor to Bhaal's throne. Everyone just watches in terror as Tethtoril gets swamped by the Drizzt army and they can't do anything about it.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited May 2015
    BG series:

Left Imoen on the side of the road.

Left Imeon in spellhold twice.

Made Khalid go naked kobold hunting.

dumped Branwen, for Shar-Teel, then dumped Shar-Teel for Dynaheir.

dumped Brawen for Dynaheir.

totally used plastic surgery magic "changed her portrait" on Branwen as soon as I saw romance was an option.

Let Xzar and Monty join, only so I could take their stuff, dye their clothes bright pink and leave them on the side of the road.

I kill Anomen on most playthroughs, though that's not being mean, that's more of a public service than anything else.

Killed Valygar on a neutral playthrough, because I was too lazy to have him join me and kit him out.

Dragon Age:

I play extremely racist elves in these games so.

I kill any human I get I the chance to and take douche bag option if there is one in any human related quest.

Made Alister a drunk one time for some reason.

Killed Shale because I wanted Golem slaves.

Killed Wynne because I totally needed the ravager class on elven rogue playthrough.

Skyrim:

Sometimes I kill children, sometimes even tell the little orphan kids i'll be their new parent, send them to mansion in the woods "which is filled with scantily clad slave girls, which I raid from bandit camps, wizard forts, witch covens and various towns" and then kill them for giggles, the kids not the slave girls. Well most of the time, sometimes you need to make an example, especially if one decides to do a runner.

Had Lydia, Aela and Karliah as followers, decide to marry Lydia. So when to Riften did the ceremony got hitched. Decided it would be fun to have more wives.So I ended marrying Aela and Karliah too. Funny thing is followers attend your weddings.

Blades wanted me to kill Paarthurnax, so I wiped their order from existence.

Souls Games:

Everything I did as the chosen undead in dark souls.

Everything I did as the bearer of the curse in dark souls 2.

Post edited by SmilingSword on
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    The worst thing I've done to an NPC is making Stephan (Davaeorn's apprentice) explode into little pieces! Muahahaha!!
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    Well I may or may not have recruited Valygar, sent him alone to die against some mob of enemies and than carried his body around till I got into Planar Sphere and left it there forever because I decided I wanted someone else in the party but still wanted to get into the Sphere.

Then there was the time ages ago I couldn't decide between Viconia or Jaheria and during I think one of Viconia's lovetalks the two got into a argument that ended the romance of one of them so I reloaded had Minsc temporarily take out Jaheria, did the lovetalk and then had Viconia raise Jaheria again giving me more time to make up my mind who my character would end up with (and I can't even remember who he ended up with, just that event). That was pretty low.

And more generally I often forget about Renfield of the Harpers after my party rescues him in the bandits and carry his body around for ages until I finally drop him off at the Harper base when I happen to be the Dock District and remember I'm still carrying him around (and when I first played I always used to rush back the docks incase he died on me :smile: ).
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I once chunked Tarnesh with my ferret familiar.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2015
    I think the worst that I have done to the Baldur's Gate N.P.C.s was to create a 'Candlekeep Battle Royale' and I 'spawned in' and charmed hordes of every level one N.P.C. be the 'victims' to do battle with waves and waves of monster armies.. Who says you can't have 20 Party members eh?.. Needless to say the game crashed from so many N.P.C. gibblets after 30 minutes of constant corpse explosions and literal mountains of gear and slain enemies and mostly chunked 'friends'.

Poor Minsc he must have been chunked over 100 times! HAHAHAHA.Worst thing that I have done to an NPC? Oh the words cannot be long enough..
    I have killed every Non Player Character I came across, vendors, quest people and even bad guys.

One finds many an eater egg from the corpses of 'innocent'.. As in such as secret location of the Cursed Spear +3, Back Biter within Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast.
    ^ image: for 'starters' I recently raided the Nashel barracks, opened all of the chests and summoned a lot of guards and slaughtered them all for their armour. Then I put it all in one chest in the room for I was doing a play through where I was not going to buy most any items.
    I then Slaughtered most everyone including women, children, men, and Noober (after his quest experience) in Nashkel. I Killed every guard and the bounty hunter in town. I then went to Beregost and started chunking everyone that I did not like on a whim. I chunked that mage who wants the fateful coin. I have basically killed more good people than monsters in that play through. I talked to Marl, got the 900 experience and then chucked everyone in the tavern except the in keeper and the shell shocked commoner upstairs for the experience and the gold.

That is only on my most recent play though as an Evil Dwarf Priest of Talos. I usual play good character but I still kill Drizzt for his gear. I save and Kill Xzar for time to time when he starts screaming that he needs rest; the I reload. Also I 9/10 give the belt of masculinity/femininity to Shar'Teel for her blatant Sexism. Or I just kill her and reload if I feel like it.
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
  • AureolAureol Member Posts: 53
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,079
    Sometimes in Planescape Torment I like to torture the Nameless One by forcing him to pull his eye out and put a new eye in, only to pull THAT one out and put the other one back in again. And then I make him repeat this process 137 more times.
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 194
    Purposely attack Imoen in spellhold so she screams about how horrible it is. Then refuse to accept her into my party after saving her later.

(I'm not an "Imoen hater", i just didn't need her on those runs... soooooo might as well get some morbid entertainment out of it)
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2015
    I like to 'chunk' 'innocent' people for their ~37 gold and drop my reputation to zero and then kill EVERYTHING.

I then Kill approximately 1242353458923695 and 1 (with a +/- 72452626262 margin for error of course) Flaming Fist Mercenaries and then pay around 2000-4000 gold to buy back my reputation. Then I sell all of the all of the Platemail for much much more than 2000-4000 gold. I swear, what was BioWare thinking by putting Platemail on the bounty hunters?

You've gotta be cruel to kind.. (" ͡° ' ͜ʖ ͡° ')
    [Spoiler]♩♪♫♩♪♫♩♪♫♩♪♫ *Chunk!* *Scream!* You gotta be
    *Chunk!* Cruel to be kind in the right measure *Scream!* *Chunk!*
    *Scream!* *Chunk!* Cruel to be kind it's a very good sign *Chunk!*
    *Chunk!* Cruel to be kind means that I love you *Scream!* *Chunk!*
    *Scream* Baby, *Chunk!* you gotta be cruel to be kind *Chunk!* -Electric Guitar Solo-
    *Blood runs down face - Hums Tune and walks down the street* *Chunk!* *Chunk!* *Chunk! ♩♪♫♩♪♫♩♪♫♩♪♫[/Spoiler]Open the Spoiler.. I Dare You..