Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    27. Are all the things new in sod going to make it into bg 2? Weapons you might get, friends or enemies you might encounter, or at leasr references to them.
    28. Which will be the top level we may get to?

Thank you for any answers. Really looking forward to get the game
  • ShadowhartShadowhart Member Posts: 5
    Is there a link for where the stream can be watched?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited February 2016
    It's still off-line (50 minutes to go), but:

The chat there is already working, it seems.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    bengoshi said:

3. What is the most hilarious bug you had to fix in SoD so far?

An aphid insult comic named Frank. He was *not* happy about the operation.
    bengoshi said:

It's still off-line (50 minutes to go), but:

The chat there is already working, it seems.

Great, thank you :)
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Thank you for the link, @bengoshi ! I'm in chat under the name Neervosh. Neer was my old RP character; a human death knight/blackguard/dark knight/whatever that I developed back in middle school.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    29. How many toilets were placed into Dragonspear Castle and other areas of SoD?
    30. Will taverns and inns finally sell cheese plates and sausages rolls with Silver Dragon sauce?
    31. Can we take the Shining Lady's sparkling looks as affirmation that SoD has either public baths or saunas?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'd like to request that live-stream questions and discussions be posted in the stickied thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47118/watch-the-dragonspear-live-stream-today-at-10am-pst#latest

That will keep the information more easily accessible. Carry on!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited February 2016
    Keep an eye on the Beamblog with regards to the release date over the next few weeks.

And Corwin is an archer, @deltago :)
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    lroumen said:

12. Is there any background info we can read about the areas we will visit, I.e. will we get a short summary of region and factions as in the bg1 and bg2 manual? Not many players are doing the dnd reading or dnd pnp to know these kind of things.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/16835/FRQ2-Hordes-of-Dragonspear-2e?it=1

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/123270/Ghosts-of-Dragonspear-Castle-DD-Next

http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?keywords=dragonspear&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Thank you so much. I really enjoyed it.
    Daft question... How was the shirt won? Had to leave for a few minutes... And then sup01 won a shirt?

Well done though!

*Yes... Let the bitterness breed inside you... Then, when you are ready unleash it on your enemies... Mwhahahaha!!!
    [spoiler=here're the screenshots I made, they're spoilery indeed]

[spoiler=be sure you really want to see them]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
    I'm just wondering what the Spectacles of Spectacle actually do now :D
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    Anduin said:

Daft question... How was the shirt won? Had to leave for a few minutes... And then sup01 won a shirt?

Well done though!

*Yes... Let the bitterness breed inside you... Then, when you are ready unleash it on your enemies... Mwhahahaha!!!

I used a random number generator to select a username in the chat room. :)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I missed it because daughter Bath Time has precedence. Hope you all had a great time, I will be sure to watch the rerun. Thanks for answering some of the questions I came up with (just read bengoshis update).
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

Thanks for watching, folks. As mentioned in the stream we'll be releasing important information over the next few weeks.

what is few weaks ? ona would say 3, maximum 4, well i learned here that from 8 to 9 :)

@bengoshi Btw, the screenshots are a bit dark. Is that your normal alpha setting?
    edited February 2016
    @lroumen , yes, this is my normal setting. Maybe the screenshots indeed look darker than the ones taken from BGEE or BG2EE, but perhaps it has to do with the fact that it's a twitch stream, not you actually running the game. Or perhaps the gamma is indeed darker (the way how areas and backgrounds are painted), as is the interface (if compared to BGEE).

I've rewatched the twitch (really, I can watch it and watch again) and have some things to add.

@dunbar There's no availabe information on the box versions of the game, but maybe it will be revealed on the Beamblog later.

@Rodrian The Glint's hair is blue now, right.

Also, there's been an interesting remark that an "alternative tester" (I read it as Chris Avellone) reviewed the game in 2015 and after that they had to re-rewrite some things, including the ending, and the process took months (so even Phillip Daigle took a break of playing the game) - I read it like a period from the July announcement till December, 2015, and now this work is done, and, according to Phillip, it's full of pleasant surprises).
    true it could be a streaming fluke but it could also hint towards the state of the game with respect to darkness and infravision...

Putting this out there for people to tell me otherwise ;)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016
    bengoshi said:

Also, there's been an interesting remark that an "alternative tester" (I read it as Chris Avellone) reviewed the game in 2015 and after that they had to re-rewrite some things, including the ending, and the process took months (so even Phillip Daigle took a break of playing the game) - I read it like a period from the July announcement till December, 2015, and now this work is done, and, according to Phillip, it's full of pleasant surprises).

95% certain Amber stated "internal testers" not "alternative testers" :) (33:09 in video)

Anduin said:

Well done though!

I used a random number generator to select a username in the chat room. :)
    So... Are you saying... In an alternative reality... I won a shirt!

I'm so awesome!