Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    bengoshi said:

The site seems to be not working for me now. I'll paste the extract here:

"Void-metal is an extremely rare metal; this ore type only forms from a coallesced portion of the void that interacts with the prime material plane. It is fairly dense, weighing in 25% heavier than steel for items mostly made of metal. Void-metal gives numerous benefits and the added weight is generally accepted at the great boons for using the material.

The benefits of void-metal are as follows: any creature attacked by a void-metal weapon receives no damage reduction, and this applies to all creatures including gods; any creature struck also has their regeneration and fast healing abilities suspended for 10 rounds, and this round count starts again if they are struck in a following round; finally each strike temporarily drains one hitpoint from the maximum hit points a creature has, lasting one hour."

My first link on google gave the sword from Castlevania game but it has different mechanics.
    http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Sword
    The link you provided doesn't work. Do you have the image how does the sword look?

• ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    edited February 2016
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    edited February 2016
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    cmk24 said:

My predictions* for the next few weeks:

- Price will be set at $19.98 (USD) as a nod to the year BG came out

As of you brining it up, I will be mad if this is not the case.
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    OH HELL YES THE GAMES GONn- aw, thats just a prediction :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited February 2016
    We knew that Safana in SoD would be voiced over by a new person (not Diane Pershing). This person is Stephanie Wolfe (it's written in her twitter).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1683433/

https://twitter.com/Stephwolfe101
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Anduin said:

They gave a badge out for the person who ordered first last time...

Do we know who won it last time?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Anduin said:

They gave a badge out for the person who ordered first last time...

Gentleman, Ladies... It has been an honour to call you friends.

BUT THAT BADGE IS MINE! M I N E!!! I W I L L H A V E I T! AND WITH IT DARKNESS WILL FILL THE LANDS AND THE DEAD WILL WALK AGAIN!!! MwahahahAhahA!!!

*cough*

Now, where is my credit card... Oh crap... Where is it? ... In the washing machine? Noooo...

If you win I will just time travel and buy it before you do... :tongue:
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Wait... Does that mean in one alternative reality... I get the badge first?

YES! I rule one version of reality! I am so awesome!

Just like all those other realities where I have won the lottery!
    @Danathion‌ you defeated me to the badge last time... But only one person could receive it... Only one... WHAT! WHO IS THIS @Koliva HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Anduin said:

@Danathion‌ you defeated me to the badge last time... But only one person could receive it... Only one... WHAT! WHO IS THIS @Koliva HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!

I defeated you once, I can do it again! ;)

(and how is that possible?!) ;P
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Anduin said:

One was for first order, one was for first bug report.
    Yup... and I was first to congratulate @Koliva , @deltago but my brain must have been eaten in the interim. The dangers of having illithids for friends I guess...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited February 2016
    During the SoD production the developers contacted James Ohlen, a Lead Designer of BG1&2 (yes, you read it right, Semaj backwards).

I think the developers wanted the BG1 characters to behave in SoD as they should, fully according to their personalities, because

Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Does anyone know if there will be a boxed edition of SoD?
    I would really like this a) to complete my set and b) because my computer has now become so cantankerous that I fear I have no other option than to neuralize it and re-install everything from scratch - which is easy with my boxed versions of BG1&2EE.
    If possible, I (or anyone else who will be in the chat during the twitch today) will pass that question, @dunbar , to the developers. So far, the discussion in this thread has provided these questions:

1. Will the events in BGEE affect SoD? For example, during my fight with doppelgangers in the Palace I managed to save Belt/Liia, but Liia/Belt unfortunately died. Will Liia/Belt be presented in SoD in this case?
    2. What are your thoughts of David Gaider leaving Bioware?
    3. What is the most hilarious bug you had to fix in SoD so far?
    4. For those prepping playthroughs atm, how much longer do they have to prepare their characters if they want to play SoD at day 1.
    5. Will we have to cheat in anything we had at the end of BGEE, or will we bet all the gear from previous adventures?
    6. Would you like a cookie?
    7. Is Corwin a ranger (archer kit) or a fighter?
    8. If there will be a boxed edition of SoD?
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    9. Is Glint's hair actually blue? (how can you not be curious?)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    10. Due date for SoD.
    11. How is the shaman summoning implemented (ability, gui button, spell memorisation?).
    12. Is there any background info we can read about the areas we will visit, I.e. will we get a short summary of region and factions as in the bg1 and bg2 manual? Not many players are doing the dnd reading or dnd pnp to know these kind of things.
    13. What are the current gui improvements (or please provide an example of the improvement you think is the best one).
    14. Are there going to be more/new ai script for the party?
    15. Will we get new pre generated characters to select? Will they mean anything (like the totsc abdel save)?
    16. Any new modding externalisations of note?
    17. Best modding method to check if SoD
    is installed
    18. Which of the new characters do you like best and why (but try to spoil as little as possible from the storylines)
    19. Any notable recommendations for npc combinations with respect to anything (like banter, class combo, party alignment, etc)
    20. How many new spells are there roughly per level?
    21. How many weapons are there roughly per proficiency?
    22. How is portability of spells and gear arranged for bg2ee?

Some questions of the top of my head.
    23. Have you addressed the current unfairness and prejudice shown towards the undead. Will high level undead finally get the turn cleric ability that has been much touted about in graveyards up and down the land.
    24. Do we get to kill any ferrets in this game? It was conspicuous in its absence from the last update... In fact the only wizard with a familiar in BG:EE is CHARNAME... So...
    25. What happened to Duke Entar's son? Kagain is still looking... Will the SoD explain this mystery?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited February 2016
    25. Will I have to delete BG2 off my iPad to make space for it?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    26. Will we finally be able to key-bind the Quick Loot button in SoD, or still be required to wiggle the mouse pointer around to open/close this feature?
    @Amber_Scott You need to look at these questions... Maybe get a heads up on answers?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    bengoshi said:

If possible, I (or anyone else who will be in the chat during the twitch today) will pass that question, @dunbar , to the developers. So far, the discussion in this thread has provided these questions:

1. Will the events in BGEE affect SoD? For example, during my fight with doppelgangers in the Palace I managed to save Belt/Liia, but Liia/Belt unfortunately died. Will Liia/Belt be presented in SoD in this case?
    2. What are your thoughts of David Gaider leaving Bioware?
    3. What is the most hilarious bug you had to fix in SoD so far?
    4. For those prepping playthroughs atm, how much longer do they have to prepare their characters if they want to play SoD at day 1.
    5. Will we have to cheat in anything we had at the end of BGEE, or will we bet all the gear from previous adventures?
    6. Would you like a cookie?
    7. Is Corwin a ranger (archer kit) or a fighter?
    8. If there will be a boxed edition of SoD?

lroumen said:

10. Due date for SoD.
    11. How is the shaman summoning implemented (ability, gui button, spell memorisation?).
    12. Is there any background info we can read about the areas we will visit, I.e. will we get a short summary of region and factions as in the bg1 and bg2 manual? Not many players are doing the dnd reading or dnd pnp to know these kind of things.
    13. What are the current gui improvements (or please provide an example of the improvement you think is the best one).
    14. Are there going to be more/new ai script for the party?
    15. Will we get new pre generated characters to select? Will they mean anything (like the totsc abdel save)?
    16. Any new modding externalisations of note?
    17. Best modding method to check if SoD
    is installed
    18. Which of the new characters do you like best and why (but try to spoil as little as possible from the storylines)
    19. Any notable recommendations for npc combinations with respect to anything (like banter, class combo, party alignment, etc)
    20. How many new spells are there roughly per level?
    21. How many weapons are there roughly per proficiency?
    22. How is portability of spells and gear arranged for bg2ee?

Some questions of the top of my head.

We can answer some of these - come hang out during the stream and ask your questions!