Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Obviously you didn't if this is your reply.

I would rather have Beamdog dedicating their time on improving the content and expanding the series.
    I will leave reverting the game back into a nostalgic state for the modders.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Dee said:

there will be an update released for BG:EE and BGII:EE prior to the release of the Siege of Dragonspear expansion, although how far in advance of the expansion's release has not been stated anywhere.

Are you going to update IWD:EE after the release of SoD?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Btw. Doctor told me not to work until March 1st. Kindly release before i have to go back to work, lol.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    deltago said:

I would rather have Beamdog dedicating their time on improving the content and expanding the series.
    I will leave reverting the game back into a nostalgic state for the modders.

Not everything new is automatically better, and it is certainly okay to point that out, if someone feels that way. For example the new red-shade answer selection on the red text in dialog box really hurts my eyes, and is not better than the old "white text" selection. (Though I was only clicking through the video, so I don't know if they were talking about it.)
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    I've got two questions.
    Is there only one color to choose instead of two? I mean characters colors.
    Since SoD is expansion to BG:EE will all the changes affects BG:EE? New individual scrips for NPC? New difficulty levels?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2016
    If you could tell us will there be tiefling or aasimar race involved in the SoD story somewhat? This question I should have put in livestream.
    Post edited by brus on
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @AndrewFoley Have a :cookie:! (Sorry I'm late.)
    Just watched the stream. I noticed that Phil really likes to kill everything in sight, heh heh.

[spoiler=four small things I noticed]- Dragonspear specific icon for going back to the game-view.
    - Selection circles are not coloured by character clothing in this build, now everything is green again. Toggleable perhaps?
    - Thieving from cleric-thieves is still hidden under F12... hopefully that upcoming GUI update will address this.
    - Did they just exceed the summoning cap or is that a one-time only thing (seemingly a quest reward)?
    [/spoiler]
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    I just wondered, if there will be any random treasures in SoD?

Are there actually any in BG:EE/BG2:EE (I haven't played those much yet tbh..)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I would actually hate random treasure in games with NPCs who have pre-existing specializations. They were interesting in IWD games though.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Hey, I hate them any time and at all fronts, no matter IWD or not :expressionless:
    elminster said:

lroumen said:

- Selection circles are not coloured by character clothing in this build, now everything is green again. Toggleable perhaps?

Selection circles are already toggleable between character clothing coloured and green.
    they were?
    ...checks options...
    They were!
    Well, how about that.

• gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2016
    I am still very curious about the XP cap for this game, hopefully it will be above 600K so that Paladin / Ranger does not lose out in the amount of level gained as compared to others from BGEE cap.

All class gained at least 2 lvls if it was capped at 600K.

However if its capped at 500K, Paladin / Ranger will the only class that gained one lvl. (And 200K extra XP on the char is literally wasted.)
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    There hasn't been official word yet, but folks here assume the cap will be 400,000 because:

A) it's been confirmed thieves and bards will be able to reach level 12 and

B) it seems to be a sweet spot where the expansion can yield a satisfactory amount of experience without making the first chapters of BG2 feel too different (in terms of scaled up encounters and such).
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I would like a toggle for xp cap, on or off.

A normal pnp game would not have a cap.

But then Baldur's Gate is a computer game, and needs to give challenge... something a human dm could easily adapt to...

Baldur's Gate needs to act more like a human dm and adapt!

I hate putting the game down as inferior in any way. This is something I'm sure the boffins are aware of and are trying to sort...
    You just change the number in the 2da file you whatever you want.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Why include an XP cap at all?

Why, indeed?

While I wholeheartedly agree in principle that XP caps in games are silly (I've argued as much a number of times over the years), the truth of it is that in Baldur's Gate (particularly the first game), there's a great deal more experience to be gained than the current cap would account for. Since the encounters and enemies in that game only scale up to a certain level, if you found yourself in Chapter 5 at level 30 because you went around killing every kobold you saw, you'd find the latter third of the game rather wanting in terms of challenge. While that may be fun for some people, it strikes a dissonant chord with the experience that the game was designed to convey.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.