Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited November 2014
    Cuv said:

Nimran said:

And here I thought you were really going to kill Brad Pitt, raise his corpse as a zombie, make him voice a character in the next game filled with gazebos...

My Brad Pitt reference was really to
    World War Z :P
    Not exactly a stern denial of my (un)educated guess...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Ardanis said:

deltago said:

Want an insightful? What's the next letter in the GL character?

It's present in my forum name, but not in my real name.
    So it is Gli then? ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,736
    Gliffy, also known as Glittering Glitch from Glimpse
  • Garl Glittergold :D
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Boy, people are going to be pissed when they find out the L was a typo...

WHAT!!?!??

I WILL FONG YOU!

PAIN LOTS OF PAIN!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Just a quick search & replace in the game's text will fix this... And don't mention anything in the public threads.... Oh wait...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Nimran said:

My whole life is a lie!
    Perhaps you mean, "My whose sife is a sie!" or "My whore rife is a rie!"
    Why more loaf if a guy!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I've expressed a wish for a BG(II):EE expansion pack, rather than a BGIII, several times. And with yesterday's semi-announcement it seems likely they're working on just that:

- It's a "Baldur's Gate game"
    - They're still using the enhanced Infinity Engine
    - But it isn't Baldur's Gate 3. If it was Baldur's Gate 3 they'd have to use 4th (eww!) or 5th edition setting and ruleset, and those are too far removed from BGII with either to justify use of the name. Not to mention the engine probably isn't suited for it, ID2 allready didn't do a great job with 3rd edition. Plus they were quite clear that it isn't BGIII.
    - With an expansion pack they have creative freedom. They're not restricted to the Bhaal story, they can do something entirely different and still be safely within the confines of their contract. Personally I'm hoping for something akin to Neverwinter Night's Hordes of the Underdark (one of the best expansions for any game ever); it has nothing to do with the story of the base game yet it's still an amazing game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,736
    I wonder if this new character is a new party member or an important quest figure or a simple commoner. I say that elminster's choice shouldn't be someone like a beggar. A mage apprentice/a wizard suits more.

If it's an NPC, then it will be the second new NPC after Gl...
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    any where we can see this twich ?

couldnt see it yesterday :/
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    lordkim said:

any where we can see this twich ?

couldnt see it yesterday :/

I don't think you can. I think its live only.
    In one of his tweets, Phillip mentioned Glen

Although it's unrelated, this name can still be in the tweet not without a reason. Quite often NPC names have roots in developers's interests
  • Glenn is more thief to me. Rick Grimes is the Undead Hunter, Michonne Kensai, Maggie Fighter, Daryll Archer....

Good times!