Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

(probably Edmonton's) 2015.

?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417

Glorfindel.

Darn! I was trying to remember that one!
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    CrevsDaak said:

It was also revealed that Adv. Y will be launched on spring (probably Edmonton's) 2015.

When is that? June? July? ;-)

• ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Yep, Australia has Christmas in summer (dec - feb) :) don't let that fool you though, weather in Melbourne is unpredictable at the best of times, many a rainy and, even hail stormy, Christmas!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Sounds like a cleric or dwarven defender to me... Although a dwarven bard is not far from the realms of possibilities...
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Gl... must be a spy, the one leading you in the final ambush.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Also, maybe this character is a lady (come on, a dwarven lass would be superb!):

MegaCharizardY: Just wanted to say thanks for these awesome games! DnD is my favorite, so it's great to be able to get a similar experience by myself when no one's around for a game :)
    Just thought of a question! Who's your favorite character? (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2msl96/we_are_beamdog_developers_of_baldurs_gate_i_ii/cm7g0xl)

BeamdogAmber: I'll let you know once Adventure Y comes out. ;)

Trent then says his favourite is Dorn. Dorn is based on Trent.

So maybe this "Gl..." is based on Amber (you can see her selfie http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2msl96/we_are_beamdog_developers_of_baldurs_gate_i_ii/cm7cxni )

If it's so, I already like the portrait :)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    bengoshi said:

We miss a dwarven NPC. We need a dwarf. A dwarf, please.

According to http://thekhazadguard.wordpress.com/tips/naming-guides/dwarf-name-components/ , "Gl" is a start of a common dwarven prefix "Glo" that means "glow".

Think about Glóin son of Gróin.

According to http://trinitylarp.proboards.com/post/716/thread , "Gl"is a start of another common dwarven prefix "Glor/glori" that means silver/glitter/glittering.

So, in this case I would go for a dwarven NPC called Glorak - that can be interpreted as "Glowing Hammer".

Glod Glodsonsonsonson is also a common dwarven name.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Well, if you follow the rules exactly, it would be Glod Glodtentententen
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    bengoshi said:

Well, if you follow the rules exactly, it would be Glod Glodtentententen

That would depend on if your dwarves are Tolkien dwarves or Discworld dwarves. Personally, I listen to the grags.
    wubble said:

meagloth said:

CrevsDaak said:

?
    different parts of the world have different seasons at different times for example at Christmas its winter in the uk but summer in australia i believe

i assume CrevsDaak is refering to that
    Oh, I read it as Edmonton's 2015, not spring (Edmonton's). My bad. I do know how season work.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    meagloth said:

wubble said:

meagloth said:

CrevsDaak said:

?
    different parts of the world have different seasons at different times for example at Christmas its winter in the uk but summer in australia i believe

i assume CrevsDaak is refering to that
    Oh, I read it as Edmonton's 2015, not spring (Edmonton's). My bad. I do know how season work.
    i figured you did i was just brought up to be a sarcastic condescending *******
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    CrevsDaak said:

It was also revealed that Adv. Y will be launched on spring (probably Edmonton's) 2015.

That's a red herring! Everyone in Canada knows we dont get spring. It's winter, construction season, 12 days of summer, construction season, then winter again.

I hope hey readd Neera's sister for this though. It soinded interesting.
    CrevsDaak said:

deltago said:

CrevsDaak said:

That's a red herring! Everyone in Canada knows we dont get spring. It's winter, construction season, 12 days of summer, construction season, then winter again.

But when do you cut down trees, eat your launch and go the lavatory then? ;p
    Just like your dear Mama?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

deltago said:

CrevsDaak said:

We cut down trees in between meals of Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, eggs, bacon, and Spam. :p
    Post edited by elminster on
    Stop that! It's silly!
    elminster said:

CrevsDaak said:

deltago said:

CrevsDaak said:

We cut down trees in between meals of Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, eggs, bacon, and Spam.
    Hmmmm....
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Some of the comments in this thread lately have been borderline to breaking forum rules. Please people keep civil and refrain from using strong language.