Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    deltago said:

meagloth said:

As glad as I am that we're finally getting some hard information, a two week countdown is a hypey. Countdowns are nice at all, but two weeks? Really?

As long as it counts down and not up, I am fine with it.
    *checks the timer*

Fair enough.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    edited June 2015
    Woohoo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    If it's for a pre-ordering, they really should tell me now before I throw my money at Total War: Shogun II
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    deltago said:

If it's for a pre-ordering, they really should tell me now before I throw my money at Total War: Shogun II

Well, it'd make sense for them to open pre-ordering pretty quickly after the announcement, perhaps even simultaneously. Once they've publicly committed by making the official announcement, then there's no reason for them to wait any longer to start collecting our money!

I'll certainly pre-order as soon as I notice that ordering is open.
  • ZarugalZarugal Member Posts: 51
    I really hope they skip over the whole pre-ordering thing altogether.

Game pre-orders aren't good for the quality of the whole gaming industry as it takes away any pressure for developers to create decent games. By the time reviews are out for games that suck, the developers have made enough from pre-orders for it not to bother them.

I don't get why people pre-order in the first place anyway. All it does is save you the 2 minutes it takes to buy the game on launch day.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Adul said:

Zarugal said:

Game pre-orders aren't good for the quality of the whole gaming industry as it takes away any pressure for developers to create decent games. By the time reviews are out for games that suck, the developers have made enough from pre-orders for it not to bother them.

I hear ya, and I for one agree with everything you said. Unfortunately, when a new game has "Baldur's Gate" in the title, my principles go flying out the window.
    I guess you really regretted buying the Dark Alliance-games then? :smile:
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited June 2015

Just wake me up when they start accepting applicants for beta testing.

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Wait a minute. The countdown ends on July 9th.

*checks calendar*

NO! I'll be out camping during that week!! D:

I know, right?!
    Zarugal said:

I don't get why people pre-order in the first place anyway. All it does is save you the 2 minutes it takes to buy the game on launch day.

I agree and I rarely ever preorder anything - except all 3 EEs and PoE like 6 hours before it was released.

Beamdog has a good record of fixing thier initial mistakes and their last release was pretty much flawless.

Its been in development for awhile so I do not think quality will be affected from getting pre order money at this point.

Besides, I want the nifty forum badge that comes with it. I will however NOT pre order if there are game large exclusives involved (like a seprate area or NPC). I will not support that practice.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

I'd pre-order for a skunk familiar. n.n

And for a forum badge!
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    Ardanis said:

Mainly Normal and Core.
    Unfortunately, we only have one slider, so it's not exactly feasible to separate different aspects of it.

Isn't that sort of like what IWD: EE did with some check boxes?
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    deltago said:

Zarugal said:

I agree and I rarely ever preorder anything - except all 3 EEs and PoE like 6 hours before it was released.

Beamdog has a good record of fixing thier initial mistakes and their last release was pretty much flawless.

Its been in development for awhile so I do not think quality will be affected from getting pre order money at this point.

Besides, I want the nifty forum badge that comes with it. I will however NOT pre order if there are game large exclusives involved (like a seprate area or NPC). I will not support that practice.
    After reading this I actually got an idea for a PreOrder bonus.. =P
    An area where some of the developer say thanks for your trust and give you (mostly amusing) answers
    to pick from (maybe even a battle against them ^^).
  • ZarugalZarugal Member Posts: 51
    Looking back, I think my mini pre-order rant should really have been aimed more at the mainstream gaming industry where quality isn't quite so consistent.

With a small and passionate company like Beamdog that have already proved they have the technical skills for game building we should be fairly safe with pre-ordering not affecting their motivation.

Regardless of that, the whole concept of it still annoys me though.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    @AlexT as in: we'll need it a lot, or as in: it does something besides what it is doing now. :smile:
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Dark areas are actually dark?!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    AlexT said:

Random hint: Infravision might not be such a bad thing to have in Adventure Y.

Finally!
    AlexT said:

Random hint: Infravision might not be such a bad thing to have in Adventure Y.

Thank goodness half the races have it as default.

And everyone and their gibberling carries a scroll of it
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    infravision needed? so probably major part of adventure y will be in underdark , too bad , i like open spaces in baldur's gate