Skip to content

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2014
    The obvious answer is arrogance. The addiction they got to use it as a luring weapon , which the power under their chassis acts like a curse to confuse them to ignore to think otherwise. Don't expect a Do'Urden amongst the lizardkin with such size. Even Silver one just irritated me , how I wished I slayed her. And I did later. I did. :)

Serious Spoilers about Baldur's Gate 2

Lets remember how Jierdan treated you , even an attitude you could expect from a noble ( if not royal -> hard-earned ) , the tempting perfection he has in that compared to a display of saddening arrogance some noble woman or man had in Athkatla , was I think just a dragon move. If you were royal , you wouldn't act that way to some strangers who don't know you , speaking in an ordering tone. Let me remind myself the script. ( jumping to 1 minute 25 seconds )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHtpw69Sz2Y#t=85

He actually spoils himself with the word creature , so that actually might reveal how he got blinded by his weapon over time.

And there are many people that are tempted by roleplayed arrogance. Look around some Youtube comments to get what I mean.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2014
    meagloth said:

Because dragons are implemented about as well as well as angry Halflings as missile weapons.

:) Yeah. Because even if they are aground , how can you kill a dragon by bloodwinding their feet ? How a spear can reach even the abdomen of a dragon ? Oh you damaged 150 to dragon ? You pedicured the toenails of the dragon , super effective !

But I think that part of implementation lies within the tower example. Like you cut the feet then dragon stomps down , they you cut the knees and dragon stomps down a level again... etc. ? :)

So , when you become a legend one day , they will implement you in such ways so some forum folk will get to throw jokes on about it like this , and like "oh he/she could just belched"... Hmmm... Dat story-mode...

So what to be learned about that ? Don't become a legend , or at least keep it to your own.
    Post edited by old_jolly2 on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    On one of the many pages on dragons on forgotten realms wiki, dragon anatomy is describe as being very similar to cats and that they walk in a similar way.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Interesting topic, really!

It makes me think of an animated movie I saw many years ago
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flight_of_Dragons

Long story short:
    IIRC a modern scientist went back in time, where dragon were real, and figured out how could it be possible for animals as big as dragons to fly and breath fire.

But I've seen it really a long time ago, so I could have dreamed all of this :D
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Dragons, like Cats, like to play with their food. Besides, most dragons are arrogant enough to believe that they are immortal and incapable of being killed by 'mere mortals'.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Some dragons are immortal....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    lordkim said:

Some dragons are immortal....

4000 years is not certainly not unheard of among dragons, which is a huge amount considering elminster is only 1400 or something
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2014
    @wubble

The Astral Dragon is the rarest of them all..
    Live in the Abyss and will live forever..

But ok. the dont fight and only take Liquid as food..:P