Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    True, when read that word, I think of a small flightless bird.

The next poster will regale us with Dirdls recipes.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    1. Get a rifle.
    2. Find a small flightless dirdl bird.
    3. Club it to death with the rifle.
    4. Steal a Bavarian woman's dirndl dress.
    5. Club the dress to death (make sure the woman is out of it first).
    6. Wrap the dirdl bird in the dirndl dress and cook the dirdl pie with gunpowder.
    7. Club the rifle to death using the dirdl pie.
    8. Eat the dirdl pie and laugh at the rifle.

The next poster sometimes wishes they were a rubber ducky.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    True, then I'd be the one and make bath times so much fun, and maybe Ernie would love me back.

The next poster is in love with a Muppet.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    False.
    Close though, in a way. And my best friend is a Fraggle.

The next poster admires Doozers.
    True. Doozers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

The next poster knows that Marxy Fraggle and Engelsy Fraggle's The Doozer Manifesto is a contentious political document in the Fraggle universe.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The who and the who in the what?

The next poster is just as clueless as I am.
    Nope. See, @GenderNihilismGirdle is a big fan of the Marx Brothers. :wink: I sometimes watch the movies with my dad.

The next poster has a favorite Marx Brothers quote.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Unfortunately no. Sometimes I wish I did like old humour like the that, but I don't. Not what I've seen so far at least.

The next poster will recommend me one old Marx movie to rule them all so that I'll convert inte Marxism! (ahem.. )
    False. I'll recommend you a few! The Cocoanuts and Duck Soup are the best of the era when Zeppo Marx was still involved, At The Circus is the best of the Brothers after Zeppo, and none of the solo roles of the Marx Brothers were ever all that good but A Girl in Every Port is probably the best of 'em. If I had to pick just one for you to watch? I want to say Duck Soup because it's the best of the bunch, but really if you don't like The Cocoanuts you won't like Duck Soup all that much and if you do like The Cocoanuts then Duck Soup'll be a really good step up of a follow-up, so watch The Cocoanuts first!

The next poster thinks Karl Marx was one of the Marx Cousins.
    False. I did wonder why there was no mention of American Indians in Das Kapital though.

The next poster has no idea what I'm referring to.
    edited October 2017
    True, I have no idea why you're asserting a falsehood about Capital lmao aside from maybe you just haven't read it and assume things about it (also Native American or indigenous are the broad terms for white settlers and colonizers in America, we use First Nations and indigenous in Canada, Indian is a slang word based on ignorance they themselves can take back that's not for us, similar to the n-word given its history as a pejorative by white settlers and colonizers and you can ask any indigenous person from our continent about that, it's really racist to use that when it's not the culture you were raised in that is targeted by it)

and now, for Marx being really racist in his terminology and taking a limited picture and generalizing too broadly in a way that's also very racist (wish he'd taken the time to do comparative research about different culture groups before speaking on them like this as he did with European cultures and Indians qua South Asia, which he speaks on quite frequently):

"The first step made by an object of utility towards acquiring exchange-value is when it forms a non-use-value for its owner, and that happens when it forms a superfluous portion of some article required for his immediate wants. Objects in themselves are external to man, and consequently alienable by him. In order that this alienation may be reciprocal, it is only necessary for men, by a tacit understanding, to treat each other as private owners of those alienable objects, and by implication as independent individuals. But such a state of reciprocal independence has no existence in a primitive society based on property in common, whether such a society takes the form of a patriarchal family, an ancient Indian community, or a Peruvian Inca State."
    -Chapter 2

"Among the wild Indians in America, almost everything is the labourer’s, 99 parts of a hundred are to be put upon the account of labour. In England, perhaps, the labourer has not 2/3."
    -Chapter 16

"The discovery of gold and silver in America, the extirpation, enslavement and entombment in mines of the aboriginal population, the beginning of the conquest and looting of the East Indies, the turning of Africa into a warren for the commercial hunting of black-skins, signalised the rosy dawn of the era of capitalist production. These idyllic proceedings are the chief momenta of primitive accumulation. On their heels treads the commercial war of the European nations, with the globe for a theatre. It begins with the revolt of the Netherlands from Spain, assumes giant dimensions in England’s Anti-Jacobin War, and is still going on in the opium wars against China, &c."
    -Chapter 31

"The treatment of the aborigines was, naturally, most frightful in plantation-colonies destined for export trade only, such as the West Indies, and in rich and well-populated countries, such as Mexico and India, that were given over to plunder. But even in the colonies properly so called, the Christian character of primitive accumulation did not belie itself. Those sober virtuosi of Protestantism, the Puritans of New England, in 1703, by decrees of their assembly set a premium of £40 on every Indian scalp and every captured red-skin: in 1720 a premium of £100 on every scalp; in 1744, after Massachusetts-Bay had proclaimed a certain tribe as rebels, the following prices: for a male scalp of 12 years and upwards £100 (new currency), for a male prisoner £105, for women and children prisoners £50, for scalps of women and children £50. Some decades later, the colonial system took its revenge on the descendants of the pious pilgrim fathers, who had grown seditious in the meantime. At English instigation and for English pay they were tomahawked by red-skins. The British Parliament proclaimed bloodhounds and scalping as "means that God and Nature had given into its hand.""
    -Chapter 31

The next poster has not read Capital but doesn't claim things about it without having read it, I hope!
    False. I have read Capital but it was 20-ish years ago.

Now to explain myself: I was paraphrasing a joke from a very old comedy show, in which a character had accidentally read Capital, assuming it was a book by Karl May. This is also why I used the word Indian, because Indians was what Karl May wrote about, complete with all sorts of weird and racist assumptions about the descendants of the original inhabitants of North America, as was usual at the time he wrote his books.
    I did not intend to insult anyone, and no claims and/or statements in that message are to be taken as expressions of my view on any person, group or book.

The next poster is also very very serious.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    True. My name is Black. Serious Black.

The next poster cereal killer (bonus points for naming the source this turns up).
    False, I am two halves one beardless dame.

The next poster kills cereal using stomach acid.
    Never eat cereal, so no. I do use my stomach acid in a vicious acid spray attack that damages for 4D6 with save vs breath attack for half though.

The next poster is a party pooper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Truuuuuth. Ravens are dope. Wish I could have a pet raven, but from everything I've read about that it would be a pretty stupid idea.

The next poster has never traveled outside their home country.
    False. Haven't travelled all that much as a youngling, but lately I've traveled a bit in work. Messes with my conscience though since I hate flying from a "save the climate" point of view, but still greatly enjoy the experience of seeing new parts of the planet and meeting new cultures.

The next poster of course prefer beautyfull magpies over ravens!

False. (Sorry Skatan)

The next poster posses an autonomous microscopic defensive swarm that they have no control over.
    Booooo! Petition; We need "dislike" buttons ASAP!
    True, and they're slowly being outcompeted by the nanobots and femtobots I injected myself with yesterday.

The next poster is getting a headstart on the domination of the biologic phyla of life by the machinic phyla in their own body.
    I regret to say that I am still primarily a meat blob-based organism and not a synthetic magical sciency robot cyborg wizard made of steam punk nanobots. Yet.

The next poster is a furry but won't admit it.
    False. I found some furry pron by mistake once and have since wondered why it exist and what is so appealing about dressing up in childish animal costumes. Not judging it though, it's just so alien to me and am intrigued about it and would like to talk to furry and ask them a million questions.

The next poster, however, is a furry and will admit it.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    False. Furries tend to be excelent customers tho.

The next poster spends too much money on their hobby.
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    False, although if I had a hobby I'd call him Harry and he'd be small and swift and eat dragonflies taken on the wing and I'd definitely spend way too much on him!

The next poster loves looking up at the stars at night.
    True. I kinda want to live in a hut next to an observatory with my own tiny telescope.

The next poster has a thousand ideal places they want to live, some of which conflict with each other.
    True! Can I get a house on a beach and a mountain at the same time/place? I just wanna bend physics a little bit :)

The next poster thinks that nature regularly churns out far more interesting creatures than any fictional monster could be.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    True.
    The next poster wonders why there is always a call to arms, but never a call to legs. Or call to tentacles for that matter.
    False, I've ceased wondering and just call to tentacles at all times.

The next poster's tentacles call them.