Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    True. Never been a huge fan av Star Trek, but I did watch the Voayger series together with my brother and enjoyed it alot. Next to Janeway, I like Picard.

The next poster has taken a stand in the Star Trek vs Star Wars wars and will tell us which side and why.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    True. I actually disliked Star Trek for a long time, but I did a marathon run of the movies last year with my mother and I suddenly started enjoying it. Been watching the original series and Discovery since then.
    However, I've loved Star Wars since I was a little kid in the 90s, even back before the prequels came out. You can't imagine how ridiculously excited I was when The Phantom Menace was announced, and I actually like it a lot (but I guess that's a theme for another thread).
    So, long story short so I don't annoy you all, Star Wars > Star Trek.

The next poster thinks the USS Enterprise could take on an Imperial Star Destroyer.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    True and false. I'd say it depends because both ships have their own advantages. It also depends on which Enterprise the Star Destroyer is up against. Like the NCC-1701 D might stand a chance, considering its technology and the fact that it has Picard at the helm. The original Enterprise would be in much hotter water, because it's a lot less technologically advanced. It would still have the advantage of Kirk's ingenuity and willingness to try absolutely crazy strategies. However, no matter which Enterprise, it would still be at a distinct disadvantage against an Imperial Star Destroyer.

A Star Destroyer is more than twice the size of the Enterprise and has all versions of it both outgunned and outmanned. It's also got superior defenses. However, the Enterprise has more maneuverability owing to its smaller size and much more aerodynamic design, so it might still stand a chance. Honestly though, if they did win, it would be a hard-fought win, and the outcome would depend entirely on who was at the helm. I'd give Picard more of a chance at victory than Kirk, because Picard is used to squaring off against ridiculously powerful enemies like the Borg. He's got experience with fighting enemies that have him outclassed in near every conceivable way.

So could the Enterprise take on an Imperial Star Destroyer with at least some chance of coming out intact? Yeah, they could probably go toe to toe with one. Could the Enterprise actually win that fight? It's possible, but the odds are against them. (Honestly, I'd say Voyager would stand more of a chance than any of the Enterprises despite being even more underpowered, simply because of how much they've been through and how freaking stubborn Janeway is)

The next poster isn't into Star Wars OR Star Trek.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Kinda. I was never a fan of either the original Star Wars movies or the original Star Trek series. But I loved the post-2009 Star Trek films, the Force Awakens, and Rogue One.

The next poster thinks pigs are homely but that the word "piggy" is cute.
    edited December 2017
    True and true. Piglet is even more cute.

The next person thinks this statement belong in the unpopular opinions thread!
    Dev6 said:

You can't imagine how ridiculously excited I was when The Phantom Menace was announced, and I actually like it a lot (but I guess that's a theme for another thread).

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Don't know, i enjoyed it too, especially Jar-Jar.

The next poster is in need of a Santa hat.
    Of course! I have an ugly one from last year, but maybe I could do with a new one.

The next person doesn't like the direction the new disney star wars took.
    False. I haven't seen the new disney star wars yet, but I have heard good things about it.

The next person thinks Minsc is overrated.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited December 2017
    False. I do however believe that he is underutilised in the comics where his only job is throwing one-liners around.

The next poster has not read the comics I am refering to ergo has no idea what I am talking about.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    True. I'm craving peanut butter cookies right now.

The next poster is nuts about peanut butter.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    True but only extra-crunchy!

The next poster likes peanut butter on their waffles.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Ew.

The next poster likes cheese on their pancakes.
    True.

The next poster would like Buttercheese on their pancakes!
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Sure, I'll try that.

The next poster likes chocolate on their grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Ooh la la!

The next poster likes spider donuts.
    True, but only after I saw this:

The next poster likes Babadook.
    False, I only know him through the meme and have heard it may kind of be a bit not cool considering the original context of the character?

The next poster is going to tell us all an awesome ghost story.
    No, but I have ordered coffee.

The next poster has ordered a wife through the mail!
    edited December 2017
    No, but I have ordered cheese.

The next poster owns a suit of chainmail.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    No, but I own cheese.

The next poster owns a suit of chainmail made from cheese.
    No but I do like cheese.

The next poster is a swarm of bees in a trenchcoat.
    Nope.

The next poster is a swarm of cheese in a trenchcoat.
    After yesterday's hungover extravaganza, yeah.. not far from it actually. No trenchcoat though, just cheese wrapped in more cheese.

The next person hates Grease.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    False, i like both Rock'n Roll and Oozes.

The next poster will get socks as christmas present.
    False, I've stopped giving/receiving gifts completely. It's one of the reasons I've stopped celebrating christmas with my family, their obsession with gifts and commersialism kills the holiday spirit for me.

The next person hate christmas.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Half false, half true.

I go for 50/50 or best of both products.

The next poster is going to put a turkey in the oven by months end...