Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    True, it's a work in progress. I'm in alpha currently, keep finding to many bugs.

The next person had bugs as pets as a child.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Only a younger sibling if that counts.

The next poster doesn't think it counts.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Oh, that does count. Being a little brother myself, I can concur that our job is pretty much on par with annoying bugs. (I did a fantastic job at that, if you ask me, with plenty of overtime... >:) )

The next poster feels that paradoxes are not that entertaining.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    True, if I need two of them I'm probably not feeling well enough to be entertained.

The next poster once tried to dance on the head of a pin and has the medical bills to prove it.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    False. ER failed to revive, or be tax funded anyways.

The next poster drives in difficult winter conditions, and does not regret their last purchase of car.
    Nope. I am on a bus, and usually in difficult winter weather I have to walk home in it because the buses tend to be extremely late (because they get stuck). It hasn't been bad this year however, but Winter is still young.

I use to drive however in difficult conditions, which can be stressful. Watching a car wipe out in front of you can be traumatizing.

The next poster has not seen snow this year.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Amazingly enough, San Antonio saw a little frost earlier this year, with a real snow day last December. It's been bitterly cold and folks around here aren't accustomed to freezing temperatures.

The next poster is a fan of Snow.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited January 2018
    Oh god yeah. A real fan of the north here. I live in Montreal and, in the last few weeks, we've been hit by very low temperature, like around -35 Celsius for a few days. And lots of snow along too. What do I do ? I run to go to work ! And to come back ! A good 45 min trek on bad sidewalks full of snow at freezing temperature. And you know what ? It was just a freakin' blast to run in these conditions !! Gimme ma cold n' ma snow anyday of the week !!

[Read the previous comment more carefully.]

Oh ! Snow ! That Snow ! Oh yeah, a fan of the show, that's for sure. Not the most hardcore, but yeah.

The next poster just despise hot temperature (like me !!).
    I can't think in hot temperatures. It just clouds my brain.

@Arctodus: I actually intended it to be two ways: a fan of Jon Snow from Game of Thrones, or a fan of President Snow from the Hunger Games.

The next poster has a thing about double entendres.
    Sure. When they are the right length and I see them coming.

Edit: I thought @semiticgod was talking about Snow the rapper from the 90's

The next poster is now singing Informer.
    Infooooooormer, shela-do-shela-da-shela-do-shingla-laaay, I wish you boom-boom-dooown.

The next poster is now thinking about another of their 90's favorite artist and will tell us which.
    I can think of two artists that I know originated in the 90s: Flogging Molly and Bone Thugs-n-Harmony.

Flogging Molly is an Irish rock band that uses a lot of traditional Irish instruments and has some strong working-class and pirate-themed lyrics that make for great drinking songs. Fittingly enough, one of their songs is called the "Irish Drinking Song," where the refrain is "We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight." They're named after a place called Molly's where they used to play (the name has nothing to do with stereotypes relating to domestic abuse, as I first assumed).

I only know one song by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony: Down Foe My Thang, a very brilliantly-written and well-mixed song with lots of clever internal rhymes. The music is genius, but the entire song is literally nothing but five minutes of singing about shooting people in the head.

The next poster thinks some stereotypes are grounded in truth but totally isn't racist, guys.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Depends. Stereotypes can be a lot of fun and a good way of poking fun at ourselves. So long as its done in a good natured way.

The next poster loves affectionate parodies, but mean-spirited ones leave a bad taste in their mouth.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Agreed. But I'm hard to offend so I'm not a good cross-section.

The next poster is enjoying a good cigar (just finished one myself).
    No cigars, no cigarettes, no alcohol or drugs. I think it's mostly just because nobody I knew growing up did any except for my mom smoking cigarettes before she switched to gum, and she was quite clear that I was not to smoke, ever.

Except for a day on an island somewhere and my mom got some Cuban cigars. I said no thanks, but she pressured my brother into trying one. He coughed.

The next person will advocate their favorite sin.
    edited February 2018

No cigars, no cigarettes, no alcohol or drugs. I think it's mostly just because nobody I knew growing up did any except for my mom smoking cigarettes before she switched to gum, and she was quite clear that I was not to smoke, ever.

Except for a day on an island somewhere and my mom got some Cuban cigars. I said no thanks, but she pressured my brother into trying one. He coughed.

The next person will advocate their favorite sin.

Wait, was that what I just did? I meant 'thought about smoking a good cigar'. I also think quite a lot about drinking and gambling...
    Whichever one you want to advocate, @Balrog99.
    edited February 2018
    I wouldn't advocate any of them. But they are a lot of fun! ;)
    Hey, stick to the thread rules! Otherwise I will get a mod to ban you all!

(oh wait, that was a mod... )
    Did @Skatan just kill it?

The next poster will answer my question and pass judgement on the tie wearing bandit.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Eh... I see no tie-wearing bandits. We'll pass the judgement later on.

The next poster likes practicing Necromancy on long inactive, amusing threads. ;)
    True! Especially if it's one of my favorite threads like this one.

The next poster thinks QlikSense > QlikView
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Never used either. But definitely yes.

The next poster loves milk.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    YES, MILK IS LIFE. But only whole, don't waste my time with 2% or *shudders* skim.

The next poster likes cheese a little TOO much.
    True. It's by far the one thing that will make me not go vegan. I just loooooove da cheese.

The next person's favorite cheese is Halloumi.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    False, my favorite cheese is a well aged cheddar, or a brie.

(And of course trap spam.:tongue:)

The next poster would never dream of using cheesy tactics.
    True. Cheesy tactics make the game too easy... B)

The next poster knows many languages.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    edited March 2018
    False, though I wish I did. I know Portuguese and English and can vaguely understand Spanish but that's it. I'd love to learn German, Russian and Japanese, but alas, I never did.

The next poster likes pineapple on pizza.
    Of course. A pizza without pineapple is an almost unspeakable atrocity.

The next person don't like purchased pizza but like to make their own.
    True. That allows you infinite customisations to suit your taste and style! :)

The next poster wants to eat something new!