Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    And of course, Selune is Selene, the moon goddess of Greek mythology.
    Montresor_SPContemplative_HamsterThacoBellAbi_Dalzim
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited August 2018
    Arctodus said:

Did you know that it's possible to make the Durlag's Tower quest impossible to finish ?

Let just say that, on the basement level 1, you opened the warded desk that contains the switch for the engine after getting the key in the treasure room just beside. But, you have a problem; your inventory is full. So, you think that, once the warded desk is opened, you can put the key in it to make some space in your inventory. Big mistake. The content of the desk is now inaccessible and, as soon as you close the desk, you can't open it ever again. Since you left the switch and the key in the desk, bam, you can't make the engine running ever. You're locked out of the basement level 2.

@Arctodus This is certainly something that doesn't happen now and then! Please file a ticket at support.baldursgate.com . Are you placing the key for the container you are currently opening *inside* the container manually? It's recommended you maybe put anything other than the key into the container to make space. Unless the key is being moved automatically? A public report so we can track down what's going on would help.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @JuliusBorisov Nah, the key doesn't move itself, I put it in the drawer manually to make space. It does make sense though : when you lock a drawer with its key in it, you shouldn't be able to open it. I filed a ticket anyway.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovRaduziellolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    BillyYank said:

elminster said:

Did you know that the original Baldur's Gate 1 included a map that gave warnings about some of the various creatures you might encounter (and roughly showed compared to the world map where you would encounter them)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/4/4f/Volos_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120115155839

However, it says that you should be weary of kobolds in Cloakwood, even though there are none. It may be that they were cut late into development and replaced with Tasloi.

Did you know that if you delete everything after "...Volos_map.jpg" in that link, you can see that map at full size? :p

Yea but i was being lazy. :p
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Ah, much better. Beware of kobolds and ogres though? Shoot, beware of all the darn humans trying to kill ya. That's the biggest warning left off the map. B)
    ChroniclerWise_GrimwaldThacoBelllolien
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

Did you know I’m crazy? I read all 139 pages of this thread.

Did you know that when evil clerics turn-charm undead, you get control of the undeads’ Spell books? My favored racket is to cast their summons spells and proceed with my own (or in my current case: Viconia’s) personal army of darkness.

How many undead know spells though? I feel like not that many.

I hear one of the bad wishes summons a bunch of powerful undead though, forget which kind. If you spam that a bunch and you have a high level evil cleric you can get a sicknasty army.
    Wise_GrimwaldBalrog99
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

@Chronicler: Shadows actually have a lovely suite of spells (unless a new update removed them; I think at least one mod does that), including Invisible Stalker and Chaos. There are lots of enemies that don't cast spells but nevertheless have them in their spellbooks due to developer oversight and can cast them if the player charms them.

One of the notable examples are the chickens in the Umar Hills in BG2, who have the Mimic Acid ability.

The list of spells that shadows and other spectral undead have memorized just happens to be the exact same list of spells that the ghost Daital from Baldur's Gate 1 has memorized. It's possible that when the developers were making Baldur's Gate 2 and they needed to make some new spectral undead creatures, they copied Daital's CRE file and made changes to it, but forgot to get rid of Daital's spells.
    Don't say that out loud! Now beamdog is going to remove on the next patch.
    Wise_GrimwaldContemplative_HamsterBalrog99lolien
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    edited August 2018
    DJKajuru said:

Don't say that out loud! Now beamdog is going to remove on the next patch.

Evil Clerics and Rangers OP; need nerfing.
    edited September 2018
    Did you know that the katana for sale in Candlekeep in EE is listed as a halberd? :confused:
    Is that so that people who use EE Keeper can't add it easily? Or am I being a bit TOO cynical?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Did you know that when Dorn tells you he sees the hunger in your eyes, that he's not talking about your bloodline's lust for murder? I didn't. Ooops :o My poor halfling CHARNAME.
    ChroniclerBelgarathMTH

Did you know that when Dorn tells you he sees the hunger in your eyes, that he's not talking about your bloodline's lust for murder? I didn't. Ooops :o My poor halfling CHARNAME.

:D

He might mean both. I hear he's the only companion who's still attracted to you in your Slayer Form, so he's pretty into your divine heritage.
    butteredsoulWise_Grimwaldmegamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's makes all those jokes about the taint to another level.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Tainted love...
    Aerakar
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Lookin' for love in all the wrong places...
    Aerakar
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited September 2018
    If you want to make something invincible, you just give them Protection from Opcode : Damage

that way you have no need to put -24 AC with hundreds of resistances everywhere and pray for the best your playerbase aren't going to attack said creep (and you forgetting about poison resis)
    Or, if you don't underatand such things, install Konalon's Tweaks and equip yourself with Hackmaster +12 and Scipio's Barrel. But why would you want to do that? It would be as boring as watching paint dry.
    I think @SirBatince is talking about modding NPC's. If you just want to make yourself invincible there's no modding required, the game has story mode build in.
    Wise_Grimwald