Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882

Or, if you don't underatand such things, install Konalon's Tweaks and equip yourself with Hackmaster +12 and Scipio's Barrel. But why would you want to do that? It would be as boring as watching paint dry.

I am talking about what bioware did in bg1 and bg2 with stuff like undead knights or shauagins or anything. it's stupid
    Wise_Grimwald
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Captain Dennis could easily solo all of SoA
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The new forum update allows moderators to give any reaction to their own posts, instead of just promotes. Finally, I can agree with myself!
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldThacoBellAerakar
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @semiticgod we could always give any reaction to ourselves! I gave myself a like here back in 2015.

And while you are there check out this post to see the most unique reaction on the whole forum. The one and only anti-promote in existence! Given by yours truly! Mwahahahahah!
    semiticgoddesslolienWise_GrimwaldThacoBell
    I heard that moderators could promote their own posts, but I remember my computer telling me I couldn't react to my own posts. Why would it lie to me like that?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2018
    If they updated the boards then they broke the small poster icons underneath each post that indicate likes and agrees. They have disappeared on my device (android phone).

How will I know who likes my comments? The easiest indicator for the social aspect is now gone.
    Wise_Grimwaldbleusteel
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    lroumen said:

If they updated the boards then they broke the small poster icons underneath each post that indicate likes and agrees. They have disappeared on my device (android phone).

Now on desktop when you hover your cursor over the "Agree" button it'll show everybody who agreed. Same with the other buttons.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Sigh. I cannot hover with android, it will just ask to open in a new tab and things.
    Wise_Grimwaldlolien
    Looks like the hover thing's gone now anyway. It's all just anonymous.
    Gotural
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    As I understand from another thread about this, it is still being worked on and is an unintended effect from Vanilla Forums the company that hosts the forum.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

If you're casting Time Stop before combat begins, you can get a little more time out of it by un-equipping the Robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power before you begin casting it. After it has been cast, re-equip it.

This way, you finish casting the spell right before your aura clears, and therefore enter Time Stop with a fully clear aura. If you want to cast three spells (or use three items) during Time Stop, this will ensure that the third one comes the moment Time Stop ends, instead of about 3 seconds after Time Stop ends.

Soooo ....

Power is not the ability to STOP TIME ITSELF; Power is the ability to STOP TIME ITSELF, use that power to strip naked in front of a live (if frozen) audience, and improve your magic by that very act
    Isn't it how The Flash changes clothes in front of everybody?
    ThacoBellWise_Grimwald
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    Did you know that if you kill Lothander and (optionally) Marek during the first time you meet them in NE Baldur's Gate, it will skip the poison quest entirely?
    Wise_GrimwaldThacoBellAerakar
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

Did you know that if you kill Lothander and (optionally) Marek during the first time you meet them in NE Baldur's Gate, it will skip the poison quest entirely?

Do you then miss out on the Wisdom tome?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I always kill L & M because I hate that quest but there are other ways to get that tome from the Lady's house (and there are two other Wisdom tomes anyway).
    lolien
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited October 2018

Do you then miss out on the Wisdom tome?
    @Wise_Grimwald
    When playing BG1 in days of old, I avoided Marek and Lothander all the times. I just pick pocketed the tome instead - thusly getting all of them (the true purpose of the game). I didnt dare rely on the journal in the game in its first installment...

But in BGT and in bg:ee I tend to do the quest - to get the tome. Gotta catch ‘Em all
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    ThacoBelllolienWise_GrimwaldZaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I killed them once way back when until I realized ya miss out on the 10k XP for the quest. That's just too much to pass up. I PP all the relevant books and scrolls regardless. If Tenya is in the party it's a real hoot visiting her temple. :mrgreen:
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar
    Zaghoul said:

I killed them once way back when until I realized ya miss out on the 10k XP for the quest. That's just too much to pass up. I PP all the relevant books and scrolls regardless. If Tenya is in the party it's a real hoot visiting her temple. :mrgreen:

Yes, I love it with Tenya being in the party, though it's perhaps a bit too easy.
    StummvonBordwehrZaghoul
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Frennedan - the doppelganger you can free in Irenicus' dungeon - will turn on you if you enter battle while he's around, or if you rest with him within sight, or if you tell him to find his own way out after freeing him. Otherwise he remains in his disguise until you leave the dungeon and then vanishes, presumably lost in the ruins of Château Irenicus.
    AerakarChroniclerStummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddess

Frennedan - the doppelganger you can free in Irenicus' dungeon - will turn on you if you enter battle while he's around, or if you rest with him within sight, or if you tell him to find his own way out after freeing him. Otherwise he remains in his disguise until you leave the dungeon and then vanishes, presumably lost in the ruins of Château Irenicus.

I thought that was the entire point of him. Didn't realize it was possible to bring him to the end of the dungeon without being betrayed.
    Wise_GrimwaldMontresor_SP
    I thought that too, but did play it as per @Montresor_SP from time to time. Let's face it, you do get Exp for killing him.
    StummvonBordwehrMontresor_SP

I like how Siege of Dragonspear will often give you the same rewards for resolving a quest nonviolently.

I agree. I often used to play so that my character wouldn't kill anybody. (Mulahey would be killed by his own summoned monsters when I charmed him.) Fists were my favourite weapn!! Whilst I usually had to kill Sarevok, in one game I didn't even kill him! He was either killed by the lightning from a trap or from an arrow of explosion. My character was out of sight at the time. That was a fluke result, but the rest of the game wasn't.

The problem was that my character was too weak for BG2, and in BG2 you are forced to kill in order to progress the game. :(
    Montresor_SPStummvonBordwehrMirandel
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited October 2018
    Here's something really weird.

When certain creature animations in certain games attack, there is a certain delay from the start of the animation until the attack happens. That delay is determined by a file. That file is a .bmp file (a picture file).

Here's a file that makes it so that a creature attacks 22 frames after the beginning of the attack animation:

These aren't new. Even the original Baldur's Gate had some of these .bmp files that determine attack delays.
    Montresor_SPsemiticgoddesslolienMirandel
    @OlvynChuru: What's the name of that file? Is there a standard prefix?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    When you find Khalid's body, it triggers a dialog between Jaheira, Minsc and Yoshimo. Even if Minsc and/or Yoshimo are unconscious (which they may be after one of the mephits casts Color Spray), they will still offer their condolences to Jaheira.

(I only found this the other day. It's been ages since I last cared to do Château Irenicus.)
    lolienStummvonBordwehrAerakarChronicler
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @semiticgod The names of the files usually begin with R. You could find them with NearInfinity.
    Wise_GrimwaldGoturalsemiticgoddess
    Did you know that @OlvynChuru is smart and helpful and probably smoking hot in real life?
    OlvynChuruGoturallolien