Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited October 2018

Did you know that @OlvynChuru is smart and helpful and probably smoking hot in real life?

Hah, when I first read this post I thought it read "probably smoking POT in real life". I was thinking @OlvynChuru must be Canadian!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Balrog99 said:

Did you know that @OlvynChuru is smart and helpful and probably smoking hot in real life?

Hah, when I first read this post I thought it read "probably smoking POT in real life".
    Balrog99ThacoBellDJKajuru
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Did you know that in the "Dealing with the Umar Hills Baron" quest for Paladin Stronghold, if you kill the peasants AFTER you kill the baron, the game actually notices and Reirrac chastises you for solving the issue by murdering everyone?

On a completely unrelated note, did you know that you can slaughter the entire Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart without any Reputation loss?

No one likes a goody too shoes.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

Mazzy's innate Strength spell is stronger than it appears. It lasts for 30 rounds, the STR bonus increases from 18/50 to 18/100 at level 13, and it gives an additional +4 bonus to THAC0.

While that's a very respectable duration, isn't it actually inferior to the normal strength spell, which lasts 1 turn per level?

Not that it matters. It's still overall far superior, it's just that you listed the duration with the other benefits.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Chronicler: In the original BG2, I believe it was called "Strength of One" instead of "Strength," and so I assumed that it had the same 10-round duration as the priest spell Strength of One. It was significantly longer than I thought it was, albeit significantly shorter than the level 2 mage spell Strength.
    Chroniclerlolien
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

Did you know that a level 18 Cleric can instagib Liches with Turn Undead ability, and a level 34 Cleric can even instagib Kangaxx(and presumably other Demiliches) with their Turn Undead ability?

What level does a cleric need to be to make Kangaxx run away?
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

Did you know that a level 18 Cleric can instagib Liches with Turn Undead ability, and a level 34 Cleric can even instagib Kangaxx(and presumably other Demiliches) with their Turn Undead ability?

This is the only reason i bring around that a***ole of Anomen in Bg2. He level up as single classed Cleric and can reach 20s in no time.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

I was pretty sure Kangaxx is immune to "Turn Undead". Are you using any mods?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Daevelon said:

This is the only reason i bring around that a***ole of Anomen in Bg2. He level up as single classed Cleric and can reach 20s in no time.
    Or you could take Viconia, who being a pure Cleric gets it (slightly) sooner?

Anomen is on my "Take for quest, dump after" list, which is where about 3/4 of the NPCs lie.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    ThacoBell said:

No, I was using PlayItHardcore for reference.

Or you could take Viconia, who being a pure Cleric gets it (slightly) sooner?

Anomen is on my "Take for quest, dump after" list, which is where about 3/4 of the NPCs lie.

Nope, because Viconia is Evil and can control undead but not destroy them... and i love make them exploding
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr

ThacoBell said:

No, I was using PlayItHardcore for reference.
    I remember that in the past i turned Kangaxx, not exploded but put fear on him using a Cavalier. Don't know if it was fixed
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Did you know that Death Knell, used by Mebdinga the Wailing Virgin in Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter, is quite possibly the most powerful ability in the IE games? It forces the target and all enemies of the caster within 15 feet of the target to Save vs. Spell at -4 or die instantly.

Holy crap. I never noticed, because I tend to clear that tomb by abusing invisibility on the whole party and turn undead. The regular wailing virgins were annoying enough otherwise.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Bubb said:

"Fine, cast me aside just because my player took a hike. Nice, real nice. Probably stripped me naked too."

That's for DAMN SURE
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited November 2018

For some daft reason I always give basic equipment to a party member that I am kicking out. After all I don't want the first gibberling that they come across to kill them. They might not reach the meeting point that we have arranged. :D A bit of role playing on my part.

@Wise_Grimwald
    You - my good man - are a true gentleman!

I wish I could say the same when I look in the mirror - but the 300 gp (for paying ten various npc’s standard gear) just sits so comfortably in my pocket - for no good reason. Perhaps a change is due
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    mlneveselolienWise_Grimwald
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I fully agree.
    I give them gems for payment of service in addition to some (unenchanted) gear.
    lolienWise_GrimwaldAerakarMontresor_SP
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2018
    So I know this doesn't concern most of you guys, but I just figured something out and I facedesked so hard... DID YE KNOW

A common way to fix bugs or troubleshoot is to use C:Eval with an ActionOverride to target the desired party member... well, uh, you don't need to use the ActionOverride. If you supply a secondary number to C:Eval, it uses the character in that portrait slot to run the command. For example...

C:Eval('ActionOverride(PartySlot1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,1))')
    =

C:Eval('DisplayStringHead(Myself,1)',0)

Tis' magic I say!

Edit: will also use any creature under the cursor, MY MIND IS MELTING
    ThacoBellWise_GrimwaldOlvynChurulolien
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Tresset said:

The Great Gazib at Nashkel's Carnival carries a scroll of Agannazar's Scorcher, which you can pickpocket from him if you are skilled enough. It is one of the only ways (other than random drops) to get a scroll for the spell, or any good damage dealing level 2 spell, early on in the game. An easy way to get it is to kill Vitiare the pickpocket in the gambling tent just north of Gazib to get a Potion of Master Thievery.

If you choose to kill Silkie, you can actually get 4 potions of defense from the merchants she tries to get you to murder. Each of them carries one potion which can be pickpocketed form them, and then you can talk to any of them to receive a fourth potion as a reward!

There's also a mage who briefly appears in Feldpost's Inn, who's a great pickpocket target.

Tranzig is a messenger for the Iron Throne, he's always on the go. When you're asked to find the bandit camp, he appears, and when you find it, he disappears.

He has on his person a Ring of Protection +1, a Wand of Magic Missiles with 31 charges, a scroll of Glitterdust (one of only two in the game), and a letter disclosing the location of the bandit camp, all of which can be stolen by a skilled cut-purse.

You can also just kill him if you're so inclined. He's not a remarkably powerful wizard.
    Balrog99AerakarThacoBellWise_Grimwald