Skip to content

BGII:EE and IWD:EE are back on Google Play

Comments

• Skree83Skree83 Member Posts: 14
    There is no ETA for this but it doesn't mean it won't happen and it doesn't mean nothing is being done regarding it.

Try to look at all this mayhem in the good way, like glass half full: all these pissed off people mean you have a decent user base and they want your games.

Just wanted to point out a bit this, because i know that being in support or in "public relations" roles is a bit hard at times.

Or a lot hard, at times like these.
    lolienPrince_RaymondMERLANCE
  • Royal2003Royal2003 Member Posts: 10
    Roger that julius cheers mate.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Inferno787Inferno787 Member Posts: 5
    A couple weeks ago I posted and said patience. Since then I have changed my mind. What the hell kind of product has you pay for it then a couple weeks later takes that product away for MONTHS. Beamdog I am sorry but you are amateurs if you cannot put a privacy policy in the game in two months.

This is beyond ridiculous now. We paid for the game and want to play. Give us a ETA at least or hire some people to write some basic code (and it is very basic) to put the EULA in game.
  • justinwpujustinwpu Member Posts: 1
    Bro, fuck Ohio. I paid money for some nostalgia that I've been waiting months to experience. It literally was taken off right after I bought it. I bought it and it was GONE. I don't understand why I can't just download it from a 3rd party, like I don't know.., they're own damn website? Guess I'll check PB. #wastedmoney ?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited May 2019
    justinwpu wrote: »
    Bro, fuck Ohio. I paid money for some nostalgia that I've been waiting months to experience. It literally was taken off right after I bought it. I bought it and it was GONE. I don't understand why I can't just download it from a 3rd party, like I don't know.., they're own damn website? Guess I'll check PB. #wastedmoney ?

That's completely shitty if it's true and I feel for you the most in this thread.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    We understand that this is a frustrating situation for people, but any discussion/advocacy of software piracy is against site rules and will be dealt with accordingly.
    StummvonBordwehrPrince_Raymondsemiticgoddess
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    I understand your frustrated, bro. But fuck your nostalgia. Get another game and play that. If ten bucks hurts you so bad then you're irresponsible for spending it on games in the first place.
    Prince_Raymond
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    shabadoo wrote: »
    I understand your frustrated, bro. But fuck your nostalgia. Get another game and play that. If ten bucks hurts you so bad then you're irresponsible for spending it on games in the first place.

That's blaming the "victim".

And for many people it is not about the money but about respect.
    semiticgoddessTimbo0o0o0
  • Anyname1Anyname1 Member Posts: 22
    Tresset wrote: »
    Sure, sure... Beamdog wants to do this to everyone... it isn't like they are losing any money because of Google and their antics. /sarcasm

Seriously people, Google is the real villain here. Beamdog is hurt most of all by having their games pulled from the market. What do the players lose? A few bucks and a single game... Nothing that important in the grand scheme of things. Beamdog is loosing profits from 2 whole games of theirs for who knows how long since they are unable to sell them. That hurts their business and livelihood a TON. And the gigantic corporation worth several billions? Do you think they even give a crap about any of the smaller companies they walk all over on a daily basis? I suspect most emphatically not...

It's not just Google though. It's both Beamdog and Google.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Not just google but beamdog as well? Really?
    From what I understand Beandog has promised to bring the games back, which is a whole lot more than a bunch of other companies will not. The wait is annoying for sure, but it is coming.

From what I have paid for on iTunes, I still rank Beamdogs games the best buy ever. Price value is second to none. So I can fully understand the frustration in not being able to play the games - but cut Bemdog some slack... Beamdog have promised to bring the game back and enhance them further. Its good enough for now - so hold your wraith to the the unlikely time they decide to retract the promise to bring the game back.
    shabadooGusindaPrince_Raymond
  • PirriePirrie Member Posts: 26
    I'm wondering out of the people here starting on Beamdog, how many of them actually work in the field and have any idea just what is involved in recoding either game.

One thing I hate about the internet is there are so many people that think they are experts and mouth off, where in person they would be too scared.
    shabadoo
    Raduziel wrote: »
    shabadoo wrote: »

That's blaming the "victim".

And for many people it is not about the money but about respect.

I didn't blame anyone for anything. Except, possibly, irresponsible spending. When you say fuck victims of natural disaster, i want my game, i lose respect.
    Prince_Raymond
  • PirriePirrie Member Posts: 26
    @JuliusBorisov I hope once everything is sorted that work will commence on a new Android game. There are too many silly little ad funded pay to win games and not enough proper titles hence why the loss of yours makes things all the worse.

For those wanting something to play now, may I suggest KOTOR, Rebuild 3 or XCOM, none of which are pay to win.
    StummvonBordwehrPrince_Raymond
  • Wolfspirit72Wolfspirit72 Member Posts: 1
    Swapped phones, lost Icewind Dale. It's a sad day... ?
    Any fix?
    Pirrie wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov I hope once everything is sorted that work will commence on a new Android game. There are too many silly little ad funded pay to win games and not enough proper titles hence why the loss of yours makes things all the worse.

For those wanting something to play now, may I suggest KOTOR, Rebuild 3 or XCOM, none of which are pay to win.

I will second that. The games so far has been fairly prized and the added content is optional - many other games has clearly turned the business case up side down on that one...

There is a Kotor - and it is quite good actually. But a great game, and that universe can easily hold much more content
    Prince_Raymond
    Indeed it seems as though Google is holding these games hostage, then constantly changing their demands. Makes it hard for small companies to keep up. It's kind of sad that the companies have to take the blame while Google remains squeaky clean.
    StummvonBordwehrTressetPrince_Raymondsemiticgoddess
    I will also mention, the delay and “can’t talk about it” reason probably (95% certain) has to do with a third party people are forgetting about - Wizards of the Coast.

Anything Beamdog releases with their IP needs WotC approval.
    StummvonBordwehrshabadooPrince_RaymondTimbo0o0o0
    edited May 2019
    WotC is always the villain, no matter who or what is on the other side.
    Rik_Kirtaniyaunseeingeye
    I am not saying they are a villain. I am just saying it’s another hoop Beamdog needs to jump through before releasing anything.
    ... and with nearly everything in the series about to be released on console, lots of tight lips and time demands all around.
    deltago wrote: »
    I am not saying they are a villain. I am just saying it’s another hoop Beamdog needs to jump through before releasing anything.

You're not saying.

I'm saying.

WotC is the villain. Always.

I'm quit my ranting before I get punished.
    Rik_Kirtaniyaunseeingeye
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited June 2019
    I understand the frustration, but we've already told it'll take a while, and there can't be a quick solution. Yes, there's a reason it takes time (and a reason the 2.6 patch is getting delayed) which we haven't shared. Sorry that we can't share the reason.

We all have to wait. Yes, @Tresset is correct - the company is losing money not being able to sell the games for months, and also is losing something probably more valuable taking into account a few comments from this thread and from other places in the Internet. And yes, nobody in the company is happy about that, far from it. The work is being done.

However, frustration can't justify piracy and rude comments.

The requirements for the games on Google Play keep changing. Here's the most recent (new) change - https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/343590/Google_Plays_new_dev_policies_aim_to_improve_child_privacy_and_safety.php

We're sorry you can't play these games, and we thank you all for buying the games when you did. We'll fix this situation eventually.

QFT I find it very suspicious on Google's end that they would change their privacy policies as often as a normal person changes their underwear all for the sake of "improving child privacy and safety." I mean, most of the games that you can download for free were developed to be safely played by people of all ages. The games that must be purchased in order to play should already have an ESRB rating of at least "T for Teen" and up. That's the rating on the boxes of my original retail copies of Neverwinter Nights Classic and both expansions. One would think that to even buy the games on Google Play, you would need a credit card or a debit card that can be charged as one issued by a financial institution. To my knowledge, adults have been the only ones to carry those. The point I'm trying to make is: It seems redundant for Google to go to such lengths to keep children from playing games that were developed with the intention of being played by a more mature audience, whom would be the only ones with the means to purchase said games to begin with. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Dreadstalker Dude, really? I understand you feel cheated out of your hard-earned money, but advocating piracy (which has been stated more than once here already) is not the way to go. If you feel that adamant about playing the games you paid for, or getting refunded the money you paid for your games, I suggest you contact the financial institution through which you were able to purchase your games and ask for a copy of your statement containing the charges for those games that posted to your account. With that information in hand, contact an attorney and see if you can build a case against Google in order to file a class-action civil suit to get either the games you paid for or the money you paid for those games. Make Google bleed from their ballsack, but do it legally. Don't punish Beamdog for something that someone else has done, let alone something they have no control over. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    TressetStummvonBordwehr
    A ban is in place - piracy is never an option.

And besides the situation is clearly not theft. Beamdog has offered a product that could be bought through a vendor. Said vendor changes its policy for letting the buyer access its product - Beamdog had no say on the change and has promised to adopt the policy. That has nothing to do with theft, since Beamdog hasnt changed their offer nor its conditions.

The truth is that the said vendor has changed its rules, and Beamdog needs to comply. They are going to comply, and the games will come back. Everybody hopes for sooner not later.

And perhaps Beamdog had to give the consoles priority above the games in the google store. Clearly they had obligations towards skyrim and wotc - obligations that had to be dealt with here and now. Especially given the BG3 situation at hand.

The console parts are coming - just as Beamdog promised, and the games will come back to the google store.
    ZaghoulPrince_Raymond
    I find it odd that people think this is somehow advantageous for Beamdog. Yes they have some people's money and now the games are unavailable. But they don't have more money coming in, which is the entire point from a business standpoint. They could've left the games up, they already had your money, and have been getting paid all this time. It makes no sense to think they're keeping the games off the store to screw people when it screws themselves more. True, Beamdog made the decision to incorporate these changes into the next patch that they were already working on. True, they could've treated it as a separate issue and probably had the games back up by now. True, they are more damaged by this than any of us.
    PokotaAciferPrince_Raymondsemiticgoddess
    This theft logic would work for a physical product. For a software makes no sense at all. It is not like Beamdog will sell the same merchandise over and over again and never deliver.

But it doesn't change the fact that people paid for something that they currently don't have. And putting all the blame on Google is also naive. Beamdog know the drill, have to change a thing and didn't change it so far.

Long story short, people have reason to be pissed off, Beamdog is taking way too much time to solve this situation and Google is a bitch.