Skip to content

Who are the Moderators (and How to Spot a Team Member)

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited June 2013 in Site Resources
Hello, adventurers!

There's been a bit of confusion about who's who on the forums, so this post will be here to explain our system of identification. Later on I'll also keep an updated list of the site staff here, to help you find the best person to contact for your particular needs.

First, the different colored backgrounds. You may have noticed some people running around with grey backgrounds behind their posts. These people are Moderators. They're here to help with the various parts of the site. They're volunteers, and they do an excellent job, and they know the site rules. What are the site rules?

If you have any issues, whether it be with your account, with something you see on the forums, or just a thread you posted by mistake and want it removed, those are the people to talk to.

Anyone with blue background is a Team Member. These are developers, writers, contractors, scripters, presidents, producers, artists, and anyone else actively employed by Overhaul Games as a part of the BGEE project. These are the people who are working on the game itself, doing their best to bring you the best experience possible. Some of them are known members of the modding community, and most of them have been on these forums since before they were hired. If you have questions about the game, talk to a "blue".

Hopefully that clears things up a bit. Trent's pretty busy some of the always, so he doesn't usually have time to communicate directly. But the rest of us try to find at least a few minutes every day to post on the forums and participate in the discussions, so even if you don't hear from our president every day, you can generally look forward to hearing from at least a few of the developers throughout the forums. Just look for the posts in blue!

Carry on!
~Dee, Team Member
Post edited by Dee on
AedanDarkersunAnduinWanderonelementSCARY_WIZARDMetallomanalnairCrevsDaaklolienplesples4cqlmashedtaters

Comments

• DemaniusDemanius Member Posts: 51
    Hello guys :smiley::blush:

Will behave in a way a dwarf does in tavern :wink: jokes.

Keep up the great work.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • plesples4cqlplesples4cql Member Posts: 42
    Demanius said:

Hello guys :smiley::blush:

Will behave in a way a dwarf does in tavern :wink: jokes.

Keep up the great work.

...then let's keep the mage away from the strong stuff. That way I may always find a home here.

I think I love you people. Just sayin'.
    lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited December 2016
    FYI, here's the list of current active moderators:

@Davide
    @lolien
    @mf2112
    @mlnevese
    @NaturalBornKieler
    @semiticgod
    @Tresset
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'd jut like to remind everyone that every time you quote a message where someone is mentioned (@name), that person receives a new notification. Please edit your quotes.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Shandyr Aside from himself, who do you think he has forgotten?
    CrevsDaak
    Tresset
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Just to clarify, that was a list of current moderators.
    Dee said:

First, the different colored backgrounds. You may have noticed some people running around with grey backgrounds behind their posts. These people are Moderators. They're here to help with the various parts of the site. They're volunteers, and they do an excellent job, and they know the site rules. What are the site rules?

But everyone is free to contact me, of course, along with any moderator.
    mf2112
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
    @Shandyr Nope. But she stopped posting in her blog at the same time she stopped showing up here. @JuliusBorisov already tried to contact her twice without any luck.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]CrevsDaaklolien
    Ardanis said:

Kidnapped by little green men.
    *Stares at mlnevese's portrait...* - wait a second... OH SHI-

We're innocent!
    JuliusBorisovArdanisCrevsDaak[Deleted User]
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    @LadyRhian !!!!!! *blubbering* HOW I'VE MISSED YOUUUUUU!!!!!! *glomps*

BEST. CHRISTMAS GIFT. EVERRRRR!!!!! <3
    lolien[Deleted User]CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    @Anduin Hey you asked for it! :)

She also lost some banishments and warnings in the moderation front...
    Anduin[Deleted User]CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    AnduinmlneveseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @LadyRhian !!! @Shandyr is being mean to me again *Urrhurrr...Urrrhurrr... Sniffle...)
    [Deleted User]mlneveseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Nimran said:

How can one sniffle when one has no nose? I smell a fraud.

Do not doubt the mysteries. They are not for the mortal mind to comprehend...
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    mlnevese said:

Nimran said:

How can one sniffle when one has no nose? I smell a fraud.

Do not doubt the mysteries. They are not for the mortal mind to comprehend...
    Ah, but without doubt, one cannot hope to find enlightenment! Or :cookie:s! And who said I was mortal?...
    mlneveseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov