Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    dustbubsy said:

On the Xvart Village map, Nexlit the Xvart tells you Ursa the Cave Bear will protect them. But the first thing Ursa does is attack Nexlit himself! Easy to see if you use an invisibility potion as soon as Ursa appears.

I recently came across the xvart village and checked this for myself, and it is indeed correct. Good thing too, because I didn't even see Ursa creeping up on us, and before I knew it, she was standing right next to Dynaheir! Fortunately, she was on a path toward Nexlit, and probably would've walked past my party altogether if I hadn't killed Nexlit first (which most people probably do).

I think the whole thing is done deliberately as a joke to show how stupid Nexlit is - first he accuses you of attacking his villagers without provocation (when the exact opposite is true), then he summons a supposed "friend" who attacks him without provocation.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

dustbubsy said:

On the Xvart Village map, Nexlit the Xvart tells you Ursa the Cave Bear will protect them. But the first thing Ursa does is attack Nexlit himself! Easy to see if you use an invisibility potion as soon as Ursa appears.

I recently came across the xvart village and checked this for myself, and it is indeed correct. Good thing too, because I didn't even see Ursa creeping up on us, and before I knew it, she was standing right next to Dynaheir! Fortunately, she was on a path toward Nexlit, and probably would've walked past my party altogether if I hadn't killed Nexlit first (which most people probably do).

I think the whole thing is done deliberately as a joke to show how stupid Nexlit is - first he accuses you of attacking his villagers without provocation (when the exact opposite is true), then he summons a supposed "friend" who attacks him without provocation.
    Pretty sure this is an EE feature the reasoning being Ursa doesn't take well to being summoned! (Did not occur in BG1 Vanilla)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    atcDave said:

Wanderon said:

dustbubsy said:

Pretty sure this is an EE feature the reasoning being Ursa doesn't take well to being summoned! (Did not occur in BG1 Vanilla)
    It's been years since I played vanilla, but I'm pretty sure it occurred the same way. I know the bear attacked Nexlit in Tutu. Even if your whole party is pounding on the bear, it goes straight for the stupid Xvart!
    Yeah, I can confirm it happens in Tutu as well.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Tresset said:

There are at least two places in the game where you can use the spell Heal to cure someone of their insanity. The first one is one of the guy named Raevilin Strathi that comes out of that one gem of imprisonment in the underdark caves. If you cast heal on him you get some experience and his sword (Albruin +1) The second one is Yakman in watchers keep. If you cast heal on him you get some experience.

Oh man... poor Raevilin got chunked by me... I feel so guilty now :(
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Speaking of Ursa, this is Latin for "Bear". :-)

Isn't the spectral Bear at the beginning of Mask of the Betrayer also named Ursa?
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    The 'Chiktikka Fastpaws' that Aerie is always going on about is a gnomish gods ~pet Raccoon, the name also gets a mention in Mass Effect 2 as a drone named 'Chitika vas Paus'.

Would seem that either Chiktikka Fastpaws was not very fast or Aerie was a compulsive liar.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Cantab said:

Would seem that either Chiktikka Fastpaws was not very fast or Aerie was a compulsive liar.

Aerie says "Faster than Chiktikka Fastpaws!" when you give her something to do.

She doesn't say anything about the speed of the racoon. Maybe Fastpaws is an ironic name, like 'Little John' of the Merry Men (Robin Hood). In which case Aerie is just promising to do it at a reasonable speed. :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Nahhh we're talking about gnomish gods here... Fastpaws probably make a hasted character look like a mummified paraplegic turtle... No offenses to gnomes dead or alive intended @Anduin
  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    Anduin said:

@mlnevese , mummified paraplegic turtles, as we know, come fitted with rollerskates and my special invention, the Get Engine (because it gets you there faster).

I cannot tell you the secrets of how I have developed the Get Engine, but lets just say I feed my turtles on nothing but oils of fiery burning and glue a wand of fire on their back...

I can assure you, Baervan Wildwanderer, the so called Father of Fish and Fungus's ruddy giant raccoon, is about as fast as a slime, slowed, sludging across an area under the effect of grease, entangle and web in-comparison to my mummifed paraplegic turtles!

Check out the photographic evidence!

I'd call your bluff there good Sir, but I can not argue with photographic evidence!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282

Coutelier said:

Baldur's Gate is mentioned in the DVD commentaries for Futurama! I forget exactly which episode/season, but the cast started talking about video games they'd done voices for. Billy West remembers doing voices in Baldur's Gate, but not Baldur's Gate 2... he says he was shafted at the first gate.

Really?
    His IMBd says he did the voices for BG2 but not BG1:
    Lehtinan (owner of Copper Coronet)
    Lord Alibakkar (Lord of family in Trademeet)
    Higgold (bard's stronghold quests)
    It's what he says in the commentary; he might just not be remembering correctly. Voice acting for video games... they just go in to a recording studio and read out the lines they're given. There are no other actors there, and they might leave when they're done and go do a couple other voice jobs on the same day. Most of them probably never play the game when it's done, and when it's released will have forgotten ever doing it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Coutelier said:

Coutelier said:

Baldur's Gate is mentioned in the DVD commentaries for Futurama! I forget exactly which episode/season, but the cast started talking about video games they'd done voices for. Billy West remembers doing voices in Baldur's Gate, but not Baldur's Gate 2... he says he was shafted at the first gate.

Really?
    His IMBd says he did the voices for BG2 but not BG1:
    Lehtinan (owner of Copper Coronet)
    Lord Alibakkar (Lord of family in Trademeet)
    Higgold (bard's stronghold quests)
    It's what he says in the commentary; he might just not be remembering correctly. Voice acting for video games... they just go in to a recording studio and read out the lines they're given. There are no other actors there, and they might leave when they're done and go do a couple other voice jobs on the same day. Most of them probably never play the game when it's done, and when it's released will have forgotten ever doing it.

Sounds like SOMEBODY is fudging their résumé!