Skip to content

Speculations and wishlists for new IWD:EE content.

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Ok, so, I just remembered what my by far most important wish for IWD:EE is: 100% stable multiplayer.

And by that I mean:
    - No crashes
    - Not having to reconnect/ reassemble the party when reloading. (Aka: Quickload actually goes quickly.)
    - Multi-character dialogues ala Storm of Zehir.
    - Experience points for dead party members. (Seriously, we had to kick a guy from our multiplayer session in BG1 because he kept complaining that he didn't get the exp while his char was dead.)

I really want to play this game together with my friends.
    Please make this happen.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
    How about adding it as an option?
    There are a lot of things in D&D and especially Forgotten Realms that make no sense and are only there to enhance the gaming fun. And I really could go without the drama this time -.-
    elminsterbooinyoureyes
    Game fun > logic

Besides, in for example Neverwinter Nights 2, your entire party has always the same exp the PC has and I am very glad about this because I really wouldn't want to waste my time on grinding exp for each of my party members. Same is also the case in Dragon Age and a bunch of other RPGs.

Having collective/ equal exp is crucial for good balancing, I thought that one is a no-brainer.
    booinyoureyes
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    What could work is that each party member is rewarded a certain amount of xp for the combat encounter upon completion. After all, even though they may not have survived the entire battle they might still have contributed by damaging enemies that were slain after themselves. BGII has several instances where each present party member is rewarded with a spesific amount of exp. upon quest completion, the same could be used for combat encounters. There are some problems with it though; all experience gains from kills would have to be adjusted to account for the new additional experience and IE might not even be set up to allow awarding exp. to dead party members.

Personally I think it's fine the way it is. But I'm all for there being more options. Options is our friend. More of them is good.
    kaguana
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    My big question for the Devs --

Is the EE edition an updating of the engine with the same hack and slash adventure or have you added BG2 like dialogues and banters?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2014
    I'd like a less linear storyline. I'd like to, within reason, go back to previous locations for example.
    Edit: local/location.
    mch202
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I'd love to see drow as a playable race in IWD.
    ButtercheeseronaldoJairyannaJuliusBorisov
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    There's some people around talking about this, but I'll just show my concern as well. I'd like to see a balanced game. With BG engine (kits, dual wielding, spells etc) and IWD original weapons IDW:EE might be a little too easy to beat. IIR there were crazyness like +4 weapons with +1APR, AC bonus and damage resistances, so I'd like to see how devs cope with this. I really hope they do something, the easiest could be just to tone down some weapons, and of course the best would be improving the IA of the mosters. I never liked HoF mode, so I hope there's something else for us who like a challenging game other than "brace yourself, in this lands goblins deal 60 damage". Please.

I'm gonna buy the game anyway, but that's my wish.
    KamigoroshiButtercheeseJuliusBorisov
    The balancing in vanilla IWD1 was pretty terrible to begin with (I had to cheese all my way through the first dungeon for example while the rest of the game wasn't nearly as challenging).
    There are a tons of things that could be done for better balancing. Adjusting number of enemies, altered AI, buffing/ nerfing certain weapons etc. I am just glad they are going to ad a "story mode" dificulty, though I am going to assume, that IWD especially speaks to the players who like a challenge, given it's combat focus.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

- Multi-character dialogues ala Storm of Zehir.

I like it. It makes quite a bit of sense too; in ID there's no defined protagonist, each party member is just another adventurer so it makes sense everyone can get a say in things.
    Sounds… like those type of feature requests that require the modification of 20% of the game's files and about 3% of the game's engine, most likely it's not going to happen.
    ElrandirDexterbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    CrevsDaak said:

type of feature requests that require the modification of 20% of the game's files and about 3% of the game's engine

Developers love those!
    Woah, having more character models for the PCs would be so rad.
    Grammarsaladmeagloth
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    "some" kits/prcs that are new and not redundant/reminiscent of the ones in the bg/nwn series...fighter, bard, rogue need some flavor
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

I want a Drizzt Do'Urden cameo!!!!

IIRC, IWD's original manual says that the events in the game take place prior to Drizzt's arrival on the surface. :-(